Wait......thier special place? SH2 in the 80's??

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Wait......thier special place? SH2 in the 80's??

Post by Tom133t »

How could James and Mary have gone to Silent Hill more than three years before SH2 if the town was already burnt down and corrupted by Alessa?
I mean, we know James is an unreliable narrator and all, and (big spoiler)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
says Mary died three years ago, when he instead just murdered her days before
, but Silent Hill became effed up in the sixties or seventies. So wouldn't that place Silent Hill 2 in the early eighties?
I mean, assuming that James and Mary had been married a few years before her death, and that they went to Silent Hill early in thier relationship (perhaps they met each other there or had thier honeymoon there....)
So then, was Silent Hill a lakeside resort town before Alessa's "death"? When did James and Mary visit it?
When Mary says "You promised you'd take me there again....But you never did." , I assume that they went several years without visiting the town ('cause it's wierd to take a vacation and return a month later :/ )

And a bit of baseless speculation - James' jacket is a military green. He also wears a pin of an American flag, which also might represent some kind of military past. Vietnam, perhaps? (That might be why he's a nutcase xD)
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

The storyline in the games and the storyline in the movies don't co-exist. In the games the town is a normal resort town, with people living out there lives there and visitors coming there for vacation.

The movie changed a lot of things, this is one of them.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

Yes, even if you're going by the games, it's never stated that the town the main characters see is the reality of the place. In fact, I would take James' testimony of visiting SH three years ago as evidence that most people only see the normal Silent Hill, rather than a twisted representation of something else. If Angela, Laura, Eddy and James all different things while there, why can't the majority of the people living there (and possibly Laura) just see it as a normal town?
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

The timeline should clear things up a bit.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
Robert
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Robert »

Hjartu wrote:The timeline should clear things up a bit.
Yes it did. Thanks for that. This Topic was is rather confusing.