Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 05 Dec 2020




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 24
Last seen at: Abandoned Apartment.
evilinthishouse wrote:
LOL. After searching this entire website, I still don't know *how* James receives this letter...


He received the letter before she died.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 1196
Last seen at: Night Springs
^ Don't want to argue of course but she is asking HOW she got the letter not WHEN I always thought that there was a blank piece of paper on James' desk next to his mail and it went on from there just how I thought it though no fact...

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Dec 2006
Notes left: 358
Last seen at: IN UR HOZPITL, KILLIN UR NURSEZ
SH2xJames wrote:
evilinthishouse wrote:
LOL. After searching this entire website, I still don't know *how* James receives this letter...


This man gave it to him.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Just kidding[/spoiler][/spoiler]

_________________
Rule no. 34: If it exists, there is porn for it.
In het zwart - door een gat in de nacht - aan het heden ontsnapt. - J.A. Deelder


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Oct 2006
Notes left: 10
Last seen at: Silent Hill
^XD

What I think is that the letter James has in the beginning is not the complete letter. Maybe I think this because in the end you can hear Mary reading the letter, from this I understood that James never received the full letter and so he continued on and on without knowing. And then he sees the video recording and all comes back to him. Maybe I'm just confused like many people, but I've beaten it a long time ago, so I don't quite remember.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 17 Apr 2006
Notes left: 464
Last seen at: Who cares???
Lostkitsune wrote:
^ Don't want to argue of course but she is asking HOW she got the letter not WHEN I always thought that there was a blank piece of paper on James' desk next to his mail and it went on from there just how I thought it though no fact...


I can say it is a fact... Just a blank piece of paper and James' mind wrote it...

_________________
Image
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
except not even the blank piece of paper existed in reality.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 17 Apr 2006
Notes left: 464
Last seen at: Who cares???
I doesnt exist in reality???

_________________
Image
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Aug 2005
Notes left: 751
Last seen at: Connecticut
AuraTwilight wrote:
except not even the blank piece of paper existed in reality.

Why do you say this? I thought only the writing disappeared, not the paper itself.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
only the writing dissapears at first, but even later in the game the entire piece of paper dissapears as well.

And Numboy, don't be an idiot.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Krautland
What I think about all this:
(Well, SPOILERS 'n' all, I'm not using the Spoiler-function because when reading this thread one should have already completed the game.)

1. Mary wrote the full letter (the one she reads out at the end) to James.

2. She gives it to the nurse, to give it to him after she passes away.

3. James visits her in the hospital and smothers her while there.

Now this is my interpretation:
4. The hospital staff finds Mary dead, or James tells them that she died, or whatever. I don't think this is tooo important; since she was already going to die, the nurse/hospital staff didn't think that he might have killed her.

5. The nurse gives him the letter.

6. He leaves the hospital to go to Silent Hill, because, after reading the letter and becoming all deranged, he thinks Mary is waiting for him there. This is where the game starts.


The reason I think why Laura has a letter from Mary is because Laura is not real - she is also a product of Silent Hill; only Eddie and Angela are "real" people in the sense of James. Read this very good plot analysis (no, I didn't write it, but I like it quite a lot), which says exactly what I think:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... plot_a.txt


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 1218
Last seen at: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D
Maybe James never got the letter, maybe the letter to Laura and James were in that nurses locker, and Laura took them. That could explain why she had both letters?

_________________
Image
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19441
Last seen at: #lfk
Mary didn't die in a hospital.

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 17 Apr 2006
Notes left: 464
Last seen at: Who cares???
AuraTwilight wrote:
only the writing dissapears at first, but even later in the game the entire piece of paper dissapears as well.

And Numboy, don't be an idiot.


Advice taken. Thanks :lol:

_________________
Image
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 1
the letter and all the characters that appear in silent hill angela, pyramid head all them do not exisist at all for example pyramid head is accually just a manifestaion of james's guilt because he killed mary its all created by his guilt crazed mind even the phyco gun weilding eddie a maria is also a creation made by jame and that is why she lloks like mary and the name and he ees he die in a series of painfull ways


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: Krautland
Mα√&am wrote:
the letter and all the characters that appear in silent hill angela, pyramid head all them do not exisist at all for example pyramid head is accually just a manifestaion of james's guilt because he killed mary its all created by his guilt crazed mind even the phyco gun weilding eddie a maria is also a creation made by jame and that is why she lloks like mary and the name and he ees he die in a series of painfull ways

:idea:
[irony]
Now this is just such a well-developed theory, and so well-argued.
[/irony]


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jan 2007
Notes left: 7
[spoiler]Some interesting points in this thread that make me feel I need to play SH2 again to be sure of things.

We can agree that the letter that James has at the beginning of the game (the one in the inventory) is fake. I'm not sure why there's argument over whether it's entirely entirely a delusion, or just a blank sheet of paper; that seems pretty irrelevant to me, because either way, it's still not really her letter...but I digress.
The fact remain, however, that even though it isn't the real letter, it does contain the word-for-word text of the actual letter. This would mean that he actually has read the real letter, or at least part of it. So he must have had it in his possession at one point. (Unless you believe that the whole letter is a fabrication of his mind, which I don't personally believe, based on that fact that the letter is read in its entirety at the end, regardless of which ending you get - both the more realistic, and the more delusional ones).

The impression I'm given is that he killed her at home. Wasn't there some writing of hers somewhere in the game about wanting to go home with James while she still has a chance to? It's been awhile, so I could be wrong. But even if there isn't, there's still the endings in which he kills her, where they appear to be at home, as well as the fact that he is arriving in Silent Hill at the beginning, and if Brookhaven was the hospital where she was being cared for, it would be odd for him to arrive there after already being there.

The letter gives the impression that it was written while she was still in the hospital. So I'd think he'd have to either recieve it when he comes to take her back home from the hospital, or perhaps she still had it with her when she came home. Again, it's been awhile since I've played it, so I could be missing something. Not making any theories, just trying to be clear on the facts that are known.[/spoiler]


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Aug 2006
Notes left: 157
The letter, along with quite a lot of other things, is all a product of James' imagination.

_________________
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure as h*ll makes it even!

Silent Hill RPG: www.silenthill123.proboards50.com


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Feb 2007
Notes left: 3
The letter is not real. Even in the elavator at the lakeview hotel, where you have to put alll you stuff in the locker - you can stil use the elevator, holding the picture and the letter! :!: So it cant be real.


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19441
Last seen at: #lfk
Two sheets of paper aren't a significant amount of weight. . . .

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Feb 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Funky town! :O
I wouldn't think the pocket flashlight would be very heavy, either. :( Sadly, it's too much for the poor elevator. James must be really really fat, and just sucking it in. ;)
So, did anyone else the first time they played that scene assume it was because a ghost or something was in the elevator with you, and shoot up the elevator looking for some unseen advesary? Cause that's how I reacted to that particular moment my first time. :lol:
On topic, I don't get why these people don't GET this topic. It's not all that hard to understand. :o SilentSteve explained it perfectly on the first damn page.

_________________
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: