Getting back on the employee elevator

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Getting back on the employee elevator

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I've finished Silent Hill 2 many times before, but I had just got it set up on my new television with the patched PC version running at max and all that good stuff so I wanted to take yet another trip through.

Went through the employee elevator area opened everybody's favorite can of light bulbs and popped out the otherside. Then I realized that I had forgotten to pick up the music box on my way through. Now it appears as though I can't go back down. Won't let me put anything on the shelf, even after making James read the weight warning again.

Obviously I have no problem playing this game from the start again but has this always been a thing? Or did I run into a bug? Its a pretty glaring oversight if so and really tarnishes my feelings on the game.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Getting back on the employee elevator

Post by phantomess »

Don't you exit that basement area via stairs? So can't you take the stairs to go back down?

(This should be in the "Daddy... Help Me!" section, by the way. :) )
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

You have to go back the way you came from - through the bar in the basement.

And phantomess is right, questions like these are usually reserved for the "Daddy Help me" section. However we are running so low on new threads that it actually doesn't matter. :)
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
lonelytruckdriver
Just Passing Through

Post by lonelytruckdriver »

Jonipoon wrote:You have to go back the way you came from - through the bar in the basement.

And phantomess is right, questions like these are usually reserved for the "Daddy Help me" section. However we are running so low on new threads that it actually doesn't matter. :)
Helpful. :lol:
Guess I just don't meet the right girls, bud.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Haha maybe I am just an idiot but I couldn't figure out how to get back. I'll check it out next time I play. Thanks for the responses anyway.

Luckily I did have a save just before, so I reloaded. I forgot you can just walk down to the basement.
Vidal88
Just Passing Through

Post by Vidal88 »

Fredrick2003 wrote:I've finished Silent Hill 2 many times before, but I had just got it set up on my new television with the patched PC version running at max and all that good stuff so I wanted to take yet another trip through.

Went through the employee elevator area opened everybody's favorite can of light bulbs and popped out the otherside. Then I realized that I had forgotten to pick up the music box on my way through. Now it appears as though I can't go back down. Won't let me put anything on the shelf, even after making James read the weight warning again.
transfers CDG
Obviously I have no problem playing this game from the start again but has this always been a thing? Or did I run into a bug? Its a pretty glaring oversight if so and really tarnishes my feelings on the game.
you have to go back and search stair