Sailboats can be seen in Toluca Lake?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

TREX89
Just Passing Through

Sailboats can be seen in Toluca Lake?

Post by TREX89 »

Maybe I saw it wrong, but while I watched the cutscene as James reads the letter he got from Mary, Toluca Lake can be observed in the background in BIG detail. As I watch it harder, I noticed 3 sailboats in the upper-right corner of the screen (just above the toilet). Have you noticed it too?

If they are indeed sailboats, then James is really fucked up...

But the background picture is static unfortunately, (water waves do not seem to move). Maybe the programmers are being lazy or the time already stopped in Silent Hill. But what strike me here the most, Silent Hill is not covered in fog in this area and it is the most realistic and everyday here as it never had been ever !

Is it a proof that Silent Hill is not a ghost-town, but an everyday resort which is still active? And James just go down the stairs, go rampage while having a nightmare?
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Sailboats can be seen in Toluca Lake?

Post by SilentMadness »

I think, technical wise, I'm sure it was just an oversight from the programmers when they placed the static picture to use as a background and as far as the fog goes, I just always assumed because the street James was on was at a higher elevation, since the town seems to be in a valley, below the mountains (as seen through the background picture) There is fog, but not much of it.
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Some fans discovered last year that the image is a stock photo. The source is unknown but the same image was used on a website for some weird German Jesus website, dated 1994.

http://harunyahya.de/de/books/3042/DIE_ ... apter/9035
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

^^
Wow, that's awesome! I never thought I'd get to see the original photo. I wonder where that photo was taken?