Angela's Family

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Xev
Historical Society Historian

Re: Angela's Family

Post by Xev »

The Adversary wrote:I've been thinking Angela believes a lot more happened to her than really did. Her father probably sexually abused her. The official novelization makes it evident her brother did, too. She also describes how the men at the restaurant she works at fantasize about her, "their gazes coiling around [my] legs as if to taste them. [. . .] They still persist—grabbing at me, stroking the curve of my hips." It seems to me Angela may have fabricated some, probably a lot, of what happened to her, especially what her mother said. "Such irresponsible people, none of you understand me. . . . Not even Mama. . . ."

She blames her mother for what happened, yet she may not have actually said anything of the sort. We only have the word of a heavily-medicated and abused girl to rely on, a voice not unlike the unreliable James.
Wishing I had a copy of that novel! I have not read it. So, how do we know she was medicated? Also I dont think that statement has blame, more like regarding her belief that its true.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>So, how do we know she was medicated?<
Her diary in the novelization.
"Even the doctor from that far away hospital doesn’t understand me. After everything I tried to tell him during the examination, all he did was prescribe more drugs. The side effects were torturous and soon it became too much. I knew that if I got any worse, I’d have to be admitted. What did you want me to do?"
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

^
Tom, so that means that you consider the Novel as canon?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

^ I would suppose he does, at least for the parts that don't contradict the game (if there are any).
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or better yet, the non-retarded parts. There's no reason to doubt that the developers apparently intended her to be medicated. She certainly has emotional problems. I can even get with the idea that they intended her to think every male was a possible rapist.

Trying to pass off the idea that everyone in her town actually did rape her...uh...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]