Prison Monster Theory

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Ashes
Just Passing Through

Re: Prison Monster Theory

Post by Ashes »

It's simple. The big shots, like Alessa (nepotism if you ask me), got the special treatment- they got burned alive, while the simple folks would simply get a stake through their heart.
Hmm... but didn't they attempt the burning-ritual a few times before on random kidnapped girls? (sick scenario, btw :| )

I was also wondering who were the prisoners and who were the guards in Toluca Prison. I used to think the guards were the PH-like executioners from the Order, and the prisoners were people that the Order had to get rid of. But that doesn't really work out if the prisoners were also practicing the order's beliefs, does it?
Ring-a ring-a Rosie, a pocket full o' posies
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Ashes wrote:Hmm... but didn't they attempt the burning-ritual a few times before on random kidnapped girls?
The girls used as vessels for God kinda belonged to the big-shots, since.. they were supposed to be the incubator for their friggin' God. And IF the girls belonged to the low-class (which I doubt) then it was obvious that the rituals didn't succeed.
Ashes wrote:I was also wondering who were the prisoners and who were the guards in Toluca Prison.
The guards were the English colonists, while the prisoners were in fact war prisoners (Native Americans) due to the outbreak of the Civil War.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

Ah, Native Americans! That kind of explains stuff... I assumed the POW's would be prisoners from the South or something.

So the Prison-monsters are the manifestations of the memories Native Amerikan captives left in the prison? But why do they use the word 'ritual' as an excuse for their incarceration?

Sorry I keep asking, but I'd really like to understand this :]
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

^
Because they performed rituals. As to what kind of rituals, its tough to say. There are paintings and books galore in Toluca that relate around religion/occult. So my guess is it has something to do with that.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

"Y u throw me in jail!? I was just performing demonic rituals!!"
Doesn't seem a good justification to me :P
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

mikefile wrote:
Ashes wrote:Hmm... but didn't they attempt the burning-ritual a few times before on random kidnapped girls?
The girls used as vessels for God kinda belonged to the big-shots, since.. they were supposed to be the incubator for their friggin' God. And IF the girls belonged to the low-class (which I doubt) then it was obvious that the rituals didn't succeed.
Ashes wrote:I was also wondering who were the prisoners and who were the guards in Toluca Prison.
The guards were the English colonists, while the prisoners were in fact war prisoners (Native Americans) due to the outbreak of the Civil War.
I would assume that there would be no English colonists a hundred years after the United States told England to gtfo.

The guards were probably just local people, for the most part. So were the prisoners, as indicated by the fact that many of them were charged with various crimes as opposed to being captured enemy personnel. Any war prisoners would have been Confederate soldiers, and during the brief time the prison housed POWs, some guards were likely Union Army.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

So then... what about the ritual? :?
alone in the town

I don't assume that the altars in the cell and rifle room are necessarily connected to whatever ritual the prison monster's talking about. In both locations, the altars are not prominent.

For your viewing pleasure, here are the matching altars, first for the guards, second for the prisoner:

mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

alone in the town wrote:I would assume that there would be no English colonists a hundred years after the United States told England to gtfo.
And those came from where? I was just trying to show Ashes the bigger picture by circling most of the leading events. Although, you're right, mentioning colonists within the yr. of 1862 is a bit too big simplification. I should have said the immigrants' successors.
alone in the town

>And the those came from where?

Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I'm extremely confused by the assertion that the POWs of the Civil War were Native Americans. Since that's capitalized, I assume that meant "indigenous tribes."

I mean... what?
SHF

Post by SHF »

Ashes wrote:"Y u throw me in jail!? I was just performing demonic rituals!!"
Doesn't seem a good justification to me :P
Re-read Adversary's post, then, read mine. Doing so will tell you WHY the prisoners were incarcerated and why the repeatedly say Ritual.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm extremely confused by the assertion that the POWs of the Civil War were Native Americans.<
I am, too. I mean, seriously . . . what?

The prisoners are just . . . prisoners. They were sacrificed in rituals by adherents of the religion from which the Order's beliefs derived. The book Lost Memory is basically a history book about the native religion and people of Silent Hill (also, of course, of the people of the Place of the Silent Spirits, before it became known as Silent Hill). So what it's describing in the passage I quoted above isn't necessarily a ritual from the Order itself, but rather describing an earlier ritual from the natives the Order later adopted for its own purposes, as it was wont to do.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ashes
Just Passing Through

Post by Ashes »

So...

No native Americans were involved...
The prisoners were just local criminals and such, and no Prisoners Of War... (which explains why some of them practiced the order's rituals)
And the guards were the Order's excecutioners, that sacrificed the prisoners for their own rituals?
alone in the town

There were prisoners of war during the Civil War years, but that was a brief period of the prison's time as an operating institution. It was open for decades before, and decades after, the war.
GeneralSubject
Just Passing Through

Post by GeneralSubject »

Minotaur, anyone? Btw, how do you react to victims found documentaries?
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I could be wrong, it's been a bit since I've played it , but doesn't James point up when pointing at the invisible whatever-it-is? I distinctly remember him shooting upwards and then tracking it down as it falls and dies.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
JamesInWater
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesInWater »

Yes that does happen, I just played this part last night :). I'm pretty sure I could see blood spatter coming from them aswell as I shot them, but the bodies themselves are invisible.