Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

Post by SHF »

Because I see what I believe. If something isn't direct, then to me its non existent.
Which, evidently, is a big problem of mine here.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

You don't see gravity. Does it exist?

You don't see time. Does effect flow from cause?

You don't see atoms or molecules. Then, do we breathe nothing?

It's good to only "believe what you see," but taking that to stupid extents most certainly isn't. If Mary's body didn't come from James's car, where did it come from?
SHF

Post by SHF »

My personal belief from what I got from the game, is that the body was from jame's car.
But because alot of people believe that, I didn't want to just " jump on board".
I wanted to think for myself.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I am going to play Devil's Advocate myself for a moment. Correctly.

Consider the possibility that the body we see James taking to Reanimation Island is no more real than, well, anything else he has manifested. Clearly, a James who is willing to go all Pet Semetary on his wife's corpse is desperate far beyond reason (and perhaps sanity), and while there might be some serious issues raising a real corpse from the dead, if the corpse is just a manifested object, it is not subject to any of the real-life biological roadblocks which making reanimating a dead body possible. The entire ending could merely be a crazy mind game he's playing with himself. We are, after all, left with the impression that his goal meets with success.

If my alternate explanation is taken to be truth, then it is not strictly necessary for him to have brought her body with him to Silent Hill. Which is only to say, we can never say for absolutely certain that we're seeing the real deal in the Rebirth ending.

That's just dissembling, of course. We know he did bring the body with him. But, the Rebirth ending itself doesn't conclusively prove it.
SHF

Post by SHF »

I guess, in essence though, it is deeply implied. Just like Angela where people thought she was sexually assaulted by her father, was implied ( until Jeremy Blaustein actually proved that)
Which is contradictory, because i knew she was sexually assaulted, even though there was " proof" that it happened.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Re: where james....(spoilers)

Post by Trauma_ »

alone in the town wrote:I am among those who believe it happened at their home.
Same here, I've never seen any evidence that proves otherwise.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

helldescent wrote:My personal belief from what I got from the game, is that the body was from jame's car.
But because alot of people believe that, I didn't want to just " jump on board".
So you're disagreeing with something you actually believe just because you want to disagree with others?

What's the point of "thinking for yourself" if you're deliberately trying to be wrong?

You apparently already concluded on your own that Mary was in the car, so it's not like you just read it online and decided to just roll with it; you already came to the idea by your own personal thinking.

God.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

AuraTwilight wrote:
helldescent wrote:My personal belief from what I got from the game, is that the body was from jame's car.
So you're disagreeing with something you actually believe just because you want to disagree with others?

What's the point of "thinking for yourself" if you're deliberately trying to be wrong?

You apparently already concluded on your own that Mary was in the car, so it's not like you just read it online and decided to just roll with it; you already came to the idea by your own personal thinking.

God.
Your right.. I'm sorry for wasting time.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

helldescent wrote: Your right.. I'm sorry for wasting time.
I didn't see it as wasting time. It's perfectly reasonable and healthy to question things, especially with a subject as complex as Silent Hill.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

AuraTwilight wrote:

God.

*Raises hand slowly*....i'm glad i'm not the only one that thought that comment kinda crazy.... 8)
SHF

Post by SHF »

SilentWren wrote:
helldescent wrote: Your right.. I'm sorry for wasting time.
I didn't see it as wasting time. It's perfectly reasonable and healthy to question things, especially with a subject as complex as Silent Hill.
Thanks. I guess I was trying to weed out any other possibilities before I rested on my own theory.
flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

First, Helldescent, seriouslly, if you are going to deny everything that the majority of the people thinks, just for disagreeing with them, even if it means changing your mind, I suppose you think the Earth is plain. AND that is no thinking for you own, that's thinking angainst whatever the other thinks, and it is very different.

Second, I have ever thought James was a fucked up guy, but... Killing his wife, and carry her corpse with him all the time, in the fucking trunk, and still looking for her... James is a very, very fuked up dude.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I don't think I understood what you were trying to say right there.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

It's pretty simple, Helldescent have stated that he defend an argument, whatever it is, only because it is contrary to what the mayority of the people defends, even if he himself used to think the same that the other people.
I have only said regarding to this, that in my opininon is a pretty stupid form of think. And i have bring the example of the earth being flat (sorry, I used "plain" before, I'm from Spain, and my native language is not english, obviusly, I fails sometimes, you know), beause all the people thinks nowadays that the Earth is round, you know, kind of a sphere, ok, so, following Helldescent logic, even if he too thinks so, he will defend the contrary statement, this is, the earth is flat.

Aside of that, I have said, that, in my opinion, James is a very fucked up person, you know, mad person, because he not only killed his own ill wife, and later thought he should somehow find her, but he put her corpse in the trunk of his car, like a fucking psycopath, and then started to searching for her somewhere, what make him even more mad, you know.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Ok, I think I got it now.
James definitely had a hell of a journey.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

(sorry, I used "plain" before, I'm from Spain, and my native language is not english, obviusly, I fails sometimes, you know)
Don't worry about it, we got a lot of people here who don't speak native English. You'll do fine as long as we can understand you, buddy.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
overdosexdelusion
Just Passing Through

Post by overdosexdelusion »

I feel I should comment on the bed standing at a different side of the room when James pillowed Mary's face up than it did in the pictures posted in this thread... jut thought I'd point it out.
Bad pic, but yeah you know the scene.

Please discuss this matter! :D
---
KageReneko wrote:The only alternative is that Mary's corpse is in the deep pockets of James' clothes
This would make sense for the elevator in the hotel basement to whine about there being "more than one person in the elevator" when you're only carrying a tiny piece of paper. :shock: Maybe she was hiding in the envelope all along - we never did get to see the envelope compared to James, so maybe it was a real big envelope.

yay first post hi all
Your father never told you but you are named after a drug.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Overdoseexdelusion:
Wrong thread.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote:Overdoseexdelusion:
Wrong thread.
I don't think it is. This thread is about where Mary died, and in the very first post (by you) you mention Mary's bed. Overdosesexdelusion is simply adding to the original topic.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

AuraTwilight wrote:
(sorry, I used "plain" before, I'm from Spain, and my native language is not english, obviusly, I fails sometimes, you know)
Don't worry about it, we got a lot of people here who don't speak native English. You'll do fine as long as we can understand you, buddy.

Hell, we have a bunch of people in which that English IS their native language and we still can't understand them.... :mrgreen: ...i think our resident spainard will be just fine... 8)