Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Where did mary die? (spoilers in thread, not title)

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote:
The Adversary wrote:Brookhaven isn't abandoned, either.
Its dellapitated. even before the otherworld shifts over.
I don't know where people get that its not.
Even when Heather enters brookhaven, its abandoned, as it was when james was there. Thats even before the otherworld shift.
Heather and James are both in the otherworld when they go to Brookhaven. They're just in the foggy version, hence why it simply looks abandoned. In the real world it's still up and running. Besides, if Brookhaven were abandoned, then why would Leonard and Stanley be there?
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

If brookhaven isn't abandoned, and laura was just running around ( usually hospitals don't just let kids run around in them) then either laura was in the otherworld ( not possible), or brookhaven is abandoned.
Laura holds no darkness in her heart, so there is no otherworld for her, as only the otherworld exists for those who do hold darkness in their hearts. ( this is only true to silent hill 2)
As for Leonard and stanley, i thought they were just memories that physically manifested. Ill need to actually research those two though.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Pray
Just Passing Through

Post by Pray »

helldescent wrote:If brookhaven isn't abandoned, and laura was just running around ( usually hospitals don't just let kids run around in them) then either laura was in the otherworld ( not possible), or brookhaven is abandoned.
Laura holds no darkness in her heart, so there is no otherworld for her, as only the otherworld exists for those who do hold darkness in their hearts. ( this is only true to silent hill 2).
Okay, so how do you explain Laura being in Lakeview hotel then, which, as we all know, burned down some time ago? And where did you get this "darkness in her heart" bit from? Laura obviously isn't in the real world, either, as she can interact with some things James sees, which shouldn't exist in the real world (like that fence in the apartments hallway, where Laura kicks the key away; the piano and that window in Lakeview hotel) ...
★ ★
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

helldescent wrote:then either laura was in the otherworld ( not possible), or brookhaven is abandoned.
Laura is in the otherworld.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Pray wrote:
helldescent wrote:If brookhaven isn't abandoned, and laura was just running around ( usually hospitals don't just let kids run around in them) then either laura was in the otherworld ( not possible), or brookhaven is abandoned.
Laura holds no darkness in her heart, so there is no otherworld for her, as only the otherworld exists for those who do hold darkness in their hearts. ( this is only true to silent hill 2).
Okay, so how do you explain Laura being in Lakeview hotel then, which, as we all know, burned down some time ago?
^ she can still enter the burned out husk of the hotel. James is the only one who sees is as it was before it burned, not laura.
And where did you get this "darkness in her heart" bit from?
^silenthillchronicle.net
Laura obviously isn't in the real world, either, as she can interact with some things James sees, which shouldn't exist in the real world (like that fence in the apartments hallway, where Laura kicks the key away;
^ she is never seen actually interacting with the fence.
the piano and that window in Lakeview hotel) ...
^ If the piano wasn't real, James wouldn't be able to hear it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You don't know anything.

How, exactly, did Brookhaven Hospital get security cameras and computers and repair the roof James fell through if it's abandoned?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

^ If the piano wasn't real, James wouldn't be able to hear it.
If the monsters weren't real, James wouldn't be able to die.

Oh wait.

Anyway, Laura does have a darkness in her heart. It's called loneliness.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

"Darkness" can only indicate "They killed someone", just as "Disappeared" can only indicate "He drove into water and died."

You people and your refusal to accept the only possible meaning of words in the English language sicken me.
SHF

Post by SHF »

The Adversary wrote:You don't know anything.

How, exactly, did Brookhaven Hospital get security cameras and computers and repair the roof James fell through if it's abandoned?
If your going to talk to me, do so without being an asshole.
Not everyone can understand shit as fast as you can.

About James falling through the hole in the ceiling? in silent hill 3 its obvious that there is no hole. I figured this to just be a mistake on the developers part. Not that it actually meant something.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

The Adversary wrote:You don't know anything.

I think it's the fact everybody's otherworld experience is different....the hospital that heather experiences is quite different from the one jame's experiences...PH knocked james off of the roof in prt2....there are also messages specific to james in that game that are not seen in heather's game in that padded room that james falls into.

In prt3 heather faces closers on the top of the roof, but they don't shove her off....and likewise there are messages in that padded room specific to heather's journey.....her version of the hospital also has a secret door that lead her to the bloody walled version of the hospital.
SHF

Post by SHF »

So if Jame's is in this foggy version of the otherworld, why doesn't he ever comment on the town being so empty?
He obviously remembers the hotel and rosewater park.( he comments on them)
You would think if the town was populated, he would say something about how there's no one there. ( except laura, eddie, and angela)
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

He does reference it obliquely, asking Eddie what happened in town. That's really about as curious as Harry ever gets about the place, to be honest. The state of the citizens just isn't very important to the protagonists.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

The protagonists of a game don't have to parrot the questions that the player would presumably be asking as they play. That would be redundant and presumptuous. This is also why we don't see protagonists freaking out at the monsters (except, well, once per game), because that's what we are supposed to do and... well, if we don't, then it just looks silly if they do.
SHF

Post by SHF »

What about how the traffic lights still work?
That is odd, because usually if a town is abandoned, those lights wouldn't be on.
Am i right?
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Yep, she was killed at home. Why else would he be driving to Silent Hill? There is a theory that Mary was killed just a day or two before the game takes place.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

helldescent wrote:What about how the traffic lights still work?
That is odd, because usually if a town is abandoned, those lights wouldn't be on.
Am i right?
Well, they're in another dimension, so the traffic lights could just be flipping out.

I don't believe the town is abandoned, just playing devil's advocate
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

That's what i originally thought, the lights were just malfunctioning.
It sorta reminds me of The Langoliers, when they are in a different dimension.
Except that ( in silent hill 2) the electricity is still running, and that food has taste ( eddie eating the pizza)
It's just that in the other games, its obvious that there are people in silent hill ( not many though), and that the otherworld shifting, is another dimension.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Small side note from me:
I always thought that the otherworld and foggy world were a bit more like an offset of regular space/time than a totally different and self contained dimension.
Otherwise, why would town development have an impact on the maps changing? It'd be the same in every game (maybe.)

Insert your thoughts below.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Also is obvious that he did it at home... How could he just kill a person and leave with the corpse in a public place like a hospital or a hotel? James killed her and took her to the car; if anybody asked he could say that she got worse again and passed away so he would take her to the hospital...
Last edited by KageReneko on 24 Jan 2011, edited 2 times in total.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Wait, were you referring to me, or hd?
I'm not following. Lack of sleep going on here.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128