Under Pyramid Head's Helmet: A Theory

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^ What do you mean? 'Course I saw the thread. I've been following the entire thread. I just think there's no penis beneath his helm because the helm is his head, that is all.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Auruatwilight is just mad at me.lol sorry mephisto.
Its a good guess thats theres no cock and balls under his helmet.
Usually, genitals are located between a male's legs. Usually. :roll:
I agree with ya Mephisto.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Another figurine
Image[/quote]

It looks like a kind of cushion for supporting the "helmet"... Anyway, I also think the the pyramid thing is the creature's head...
SHF

Post by SHF »

Its a cushioned pad, i agree. i think you can even see leather straps on his upper back as well.
Can anyone tell me why his hands are webbed?
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

^ It just looks like that from our point of view i'd suppose
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

I'm just wondering, though... If Pyramid Head's helmet is suppose to be something painful like a torture device for him, why would they make a comfy little pillow for him?
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

LeriSuccubus wrote:I'm just wondering, though... If Pyramid Head's helmet is suppose to be something painful like a torture device for him, why would they make a comfy little pillow for him?
Even if it's not a cushion pad, it looks NOTHING like balls or a sack.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Occam's Pyramid insists that it must be, though.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

LeriSuccubus wrote:I'm just wondering, though... If Pyramid Head's helmet is suppose to be something painful like a torture device for him, why would they make a comfy little pillow for him?
I don't think it's supposed to be a comfy pillow, but just support to keep the thing upright and secure. There's a difference between "painful to wear" and "stupid goofy shit that keeps sliding around your neck when you turn like a hula hoop hurer dur"
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

The Adversary wrote:Image
IT'S NOT A TUMOR
Best. Reference. Ever.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Maybe it represents the pillow??
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>If Pyramid Head's helmet is suppose to be something painful like a torture device
Who says it's painful for the r.p.t.? The helmet is a representation of pain, not nec. painful itself.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

He's probably thinking about
Oh, hey, Homecoming spoilers! Please mark them yourself in the future.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
from when alex is suited for the helmet ( in homecoming, you can achieve a certain ending where you can wear PH's hemlet)
and there are spikes along the inside of it, (iron maiden style).
The helmet is to represent pain and agony, as adversary said.
Term180
Just Passing Through

Post by Term180 »

Well, the Phallic Pyramid Head Theory certainly does shed some light on the time I was kickin' it with PH (he drops by, now and again) and the dude starts coughing up a lung, so I ran over to him, and immediately performed the Heimlich Maneuver.
Long story short, 10 minutes later White Chrism's STILL drippin' from the ceiling.

I caught some in a chalice.
I have plans to resurrect Michael Jackson and George Carlin...

Okay, now to be serious for a moment...

As for the "pillows", I'm thinking perhaps it's a form of muscular development, if disgusting and unnatural in appearance, developed over time as a result of the unusual way Pyramid Head made use of the Giant Knife, constantly dragging it behind himself (at least until he went with the more lightweight spear)
Empty
Just Passing Through

Post by Empty »

The Adversary wrote:Image
IT'S NOT A TUMOR
... I still say it's a tumor no matter what you say, Arnold.
Plague
Just Passing Through

Post by Plague »

lol this topic
TEARO
Just Passing Through

Post by TEARO »

I think the person under the helmet is James. He is his own executioner, he is the person who ended his own happiness by killing his wife.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Under Pyramid Head's Helmet: A Theory

Post by Uyrikeustek »

There is way too much over-thinking on this thread. The helmet is just a sign of pain and is a unique shape so as to be memorable in the players' minds. PH is not a typical monster and that was what Masahiro was aiming for.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Sorry but I did really laugh when reading the opening post in this thread.

It's pyramid head, not dick-head.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

I think the thing in the back of the Pyramid Head figurine's neck looks like a huge vein or even bowel. Perhaps even some kind of a hose that oil is pumped through in the machine that is Pyramid Head.

I do think that Pyramid Head is more of a masculine figure, though am not completely sure. Many have perceived the huge knife as a phallic or at least masculine symbol, perhaps the Pyramid also. It's James who takes the Great Knife, not the Mary monster in the end.

It's an interesting question, whether if James were to cut the helmet open, there would be a head in there... maybe like the Empire Strikes Back cave moment, except with perhaps James's head. Or if it's pre-determined that such a scenario cannot exist at all in this dream, and so the inside of the helmet is undefined, divide by zero space.
Also called "Lustful Lips" in production documents (indicating vaginal imagery), they are smaller versions of the "Mary" monster, with the lattice representing a bed and the monsters themselves representing Mary Shepherd-Sunderland.
I do agree, those things look like **** symbolism. Not very attractive, though... maybe unattractive **** imagery? The unattractive **** being Mary. Perhaps as James gets deeper into his subconscious and closer and closer to the truth this **** evolves in respect to that, the final form being the realistic looking Mary that we see in the end, and Flesh Lips is an embryo of this Mary-form, metaphorically speaking of course.
JuriDawn wrote:2- According to Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle, "One notable connection between Pyramid Head and Valtiel is the fact that they both stalk the protagonist persistently. If the helmet that conceals Pyramid Head's face were to be removed, it would become apparent that the designs of the two are surprisingly similar."

So Pyramid Head is basically Valtiel + helmet.
Bah. Sounds like an afterthought to me. I bet none of the devs thought during the making of Silent Hill 2 "it's this guy Valtiel with a helmet on". I don't like the idea of SH3 stuff defining SH2 canon long after the latter was made.
Oh, hey, Homecoming spoilers! Please mark them yourself in the future.
Thanks to the smart mod. No thanks to the inconsiderate user.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.