Which ending was the REAL ending?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Which ending was the REAL ending in SH2?

Leave (with Laura)
32%
In Water
43%
Maria
2%
ReBirth
14%
Dog
5%
UFO
4%

Total votes: 164

Patman
Gravedigger

Re: Which ending was the REAL ending?

Post by Patman »

The true ending is in three days.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

Was there a SH5 spoiler last page?
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Technically... though you'd have to be fairly new to the series to not have expected the general content of that "spoiler."
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

I don't know, the True Ending seems to be the In Water ending, because CLEARLY James has had to drink water all his life--otherwise he'd DIE! Now, the situation is REVERSED--water is going to KILL HIM this time!
IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW
blood-dagger
Just Passing Through

Post by blood-dagger »

the true ending isnt within the game itself, I for one think that this is the case. Here are my theories about whats the real ending of SH2.

1) We find james corpse throughout the town at variuse places. This make me wonder if james actually leaves silent hill.

2) the car skid tracks going into the water, representing the IN THE WATER ending made me at first belive this was the real ending, but as time went by , I realized it couldnt be it. why would his corpse be in town if hed presumably be in his car, drivin into toluca lake? and i greatly belive that james - really didnt care for mary anymore.

3) the MARIA ENDING with maria getting sick, would james really re-live what he just went through? greatly doubt it. Also Maria dies so many times , how can she be real?

4) We all know for a fact that yu cannot re-animate the living, even if it was in silent hill, although theres nothing that can be said about the REVIVEending as nothing much is told about it. I discarded this one as a possible true ending of SH2.

5) In the LEAVE ENDING , Mary tells james to go on with his life, as she passes away, yet we know for a fact(a cold hard fact) that james is the one to have taken Mary's life, thus proves to fail as the possible ending.

Joke ending aside (dog and UFO) this leave me the great question of , whats the real ending of SH2?

my awnser isnt within the game, its outside the game(technily speaking :P) I belive the ending is the begining as james never leaves silent hill. Its a loop that gose on, james commiting suicide, reliving his nightmare over and over again. No matter what his actions are , his soul is tinted in sin and much suffer through his own actions. We find james in the appartment where he was shot(or commited suicide) just like the skid marks near the lake just like we see corpses lying around the town that all resemble james.

So my conclusion is that its a Loop ending which isnt told in-game but it seems to hold up, as none of the other endings really seem to fit....though most people de belive its IN THE WATER ending, i highly doubt that but it all comes down to interpretation of the story :)

cheers!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) We find james corpse throughout the town at variuse places. This make me wonder if james actually leaves silent hill.
Even if those corpses represent James (which they don't, necessarily), it could just reflect his suicidal urges instead of his future.
and i greatly belive that james - really didnt care for mary anymore.
Then why is he suffering?
3) the MARIA ENDING with maria getting sick, would james really re-live what he just went through? greatly doubt it. Also Maria dies so many times , how can she be real?
She's not real. What does that have to do with whether it's the true ending or not?
4) We all know for a fact that yu cannot re-animate the living, even if it was in silent hill, although theres nothing that can be said about the REVIVEending as nothing much is told about it. I discarded this one as a possible true ending of SH2.
Er, says who? "the gods are in this town", and miracles can occur. As Heather proves, the dead can live again.
5) In the LEAVE ENDING , Mary tells james to go on with his life, as she passes away, yet we know for a fact(a cold hard fact) that james is the one to have taken Mary's life, thus proves to fail as the possible ending.
How does that logically follow? James killed Mary, but Mary doesn't hold it against him. That doesn't negate the ending at all.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Strawberry Thunder
Just Passing Through

Post by Strawberry Thunder »

blood-dagger wrote:3) the MARIA ENDING with maria getting sick, would james really re-live what he just went through? greatly doubt it. Also Maria dies so many times , how can she be real?
Maria isn't real. Why wouldn't James re-live it? If the town doesn't think he's learned his lesson then who's to say he doesn't have to go through it all again? Who's to say he hasn't gone through the same thing many times before?
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I have never chosen an ending on the poll above, and I do not intend to. Jokes aside, until Konami tells us otherwise, the four serious endings are all true. Even the lies. No, ESPECIALLY the lies.

The only way I can imagine an ending being selected is if a sequel to SH2 is generated. I find this unlikely, and a bad idea. After all, many fine franchises are ruined by their sequels. It's more dangerous if the original story had a particularly brilliant ending: and some people are very fond of SH2's "Lady or the Tiger" ambiguity. Or maybe "Little Lady or the Imaginary Lady or the Dead Lady or the Undead Lady" is more appropriate. But if a sequel is penned, which ending would play the best?

"In Water" - No. Everyone in the original game is dead except Laura. Certainly an adult Laura could serve as a protagonist, but what would be the point?

"Leave" - Better than IW. Could have James and Laura in some capacity. But again, everyone else is dead.

"Maria" - Pass. It's already been foreshadowed what's going to happen. We want a sequel, not endless repetition.

"Rebirth" - Makes the most sense of the four. It could have James, mary, and Laura all alive. More to the point, they would be together, since a live and healthy Mary would want to adopt Laura. And finally, James's dubious little ritual would have established lasting ties between him (and Mary) and Silent Hill. Undoubtedly, such an act would come at a price. Maybe in SH2 Part 2 (or whatever), the bill comes due.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

WOW. I remember this forum exists after like a year and this thread is somehow still active? I would have imagined it to be long forgotten and/or closed as spam bait. ^_^

But to address^: I don't think anybody here is saying that any ending to 2 is cannon, or that any one is more valid than the others. This has always been a thread where ideas were bounced back and forth.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>"In Water" - No. Everyone in the original game is dead except Laura. Certainly an adult Laura could serve as a protagonist, but what would be the point?<
In HOMECOMING, Elle Holloway was originally Laura.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

In answer to SilentWren...

This forum uses Quicklinks, to prevent the problem of there being fifty topics about which ending was real, what Pyramid Head's symbolic purpose was, was Laura real or another Maria-type figment, et cetera. So, a topic can't really fade into obscurity. Whenever a new person comes with something new to say, they go to the Quicklink topic, find that there's already a topic, and they post in it. Ergo, use of these established topics is not a violation of rules or etiquette, since the forum's rules mandate that you post in the established topic or not at all.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I don't think that was her point.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

The Adversary wrote:>"In Water" - No. Everyone in the original game is dead except Laura. Certainly an adult Laura could serve as a protagonist, but what would be the point?<
In HOMECOMING, Elle Holloway was originally Laura.

And she was supppsed to have James's jacket. Which, I suppose, would have established Leave as the canon ending. Since that was scrapped, it's still up in the air. All fourendings are equally possible.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

The Adversary wrote:I don't think that was her point.
It wasn't, but I'm not going to waste the time arguing with him. :lol:
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

My apologies, no offense intended. Another forum I frequent doesn't have quicklinks and topics often get recycled. One particular subject has had dozens of topics devoted to it. I like this way better.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Oh, same here, pal. I used to go to a forum that locked inactive threads and encouraged it's members to create new threads about the same goddamn subject if and when the inactive thread was locked. In some areas of the forum, sometimes you had like 10 threads in the first page asking about the same damn thing. So annoying... The way they do things here is much better.

Also, about Elle originally being Laura... Didn't knew about that but I'm glad Double Helix dropped the idea.