Beyond the flaming staircase... *possible spoilers*

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The model used is Angela's, although it is not Angela herself.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Harrys_Girl wrote:^I meant the town called her back to her family (not literally the town itself) then once there (in the town) she sought out her remaining family, namely her mother.
You beat me to it! I was going to offer that explanation. Oh well :).

Has anyone considered what happens to Angela after the flaming staircase? This is why I'm reading Astral's novella, for more insight on the cutscene and such.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I liked alone in the town's suggestion, way on back in one of the Angela Rape threads, when he showed a resemblance between the wall figures and Jesus: that she's ascending the fiery staircase to sit at her father's right hand, albeit not in Heaven.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Its okay. i must of misread what you were saying. no harm.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I just re watched the staircase bit...
It reallly seems like she was gonna kill her mother, but she was too happy to see her??
then she says "you are the only one left, maybe then i can rest" which is why i think she was gonna kill her..
And i believe angela still wonders silent hill, lost and confused.
SHF

Post by SHF »

she has no reason to kill her mother. only thomas.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

helldescent wrote:she has no reason to kill her mother. only thomas.
I don't think you can make such a bold statement and claim it to be a black and white case. Although I don't necessary think that Angela was looking to kill her mother at the staircase, but I wouldn't go as far as saying she has "no reason" to kill her mother.

How about the fact that her mother said Angela "deserves" what happened to her?

We know that Angela had killed her father (and possibly/probably brother), although her mother might not have contribute directly to her abuses, she definitely knew it happened. Just that alone created a motive for Angela to kill her.
HarleyQuinnofHate
Just Passing Through

Post by HarleyQuinnofHate »

A motive for a normal person, but Angela is so messed up. The fact that she is quoting her mum, paraphrasing here "even my mama said, I deserve what happened" So, her mum brainwashed her of sorts to think that it was her fault. For her to listen and respect her mum enough to listen and even repeat it as if it were true, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to kill her, at least not until she learned that it wasn't her fault, which she obviously hasn't at the staircase.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

^dont you think that the fact that she killed him means she understood??
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

HarleyQuinnofHate wrote:A motive for a normal person, but Angela is so messed up. The fact that she is quoting her mum, paraphrasing here "even my mama said, I deserve what happened" So, her mum brainwashed her of sorts to think that it was her fault. For her to listen and respect her mum enough to listen and even repeat it as if it were true, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to kill her, at least not until she learned that it wasn't her fault, which she obviously hasn't at the staircase.
Yes, we can suggest that her mom has "brainwashed her of sorts to think that it was her fault", however, she still killed her father. The brainwashing might not have worked well enough to make her completely lose her ability to act for herself didn't it?

If Angela truly think she deserved it, I wonder whether she will still kill her father... anyone? Just wondering.
HarleyQuinnofHate
Just Passing Through

In a way, yes. She understood what he did was wrong(see below) but I don' think she gathered what her mum did was wrong.

She may have killed Thomas out of blind rage, a spur of the moment thing. She obviously feels guilty for it because she is in Silent Hill. Guilt means she thinks she did something wrong, if she completely understood what her father did was wrong, she would have understood and rationalized that it was completely homicide.

Edit: Oops, your post beat mine, to answer:
I think you might misunderstand what I mean by brainwashing. I think her mum repeated said it your fault, hey, maybe her mum was even jealous and that was her way of getting back at her. But going with the jealously thing, she would not have told her to like it.

Angela, going by the personality we saw, didn't have much fight in her left and as we saw with her father monster, when he is around, she becomes catatonic, he apparently scared her into doing whatever he wanted.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

"Mama! Oh, Mama, I've looked everywhere for you...maybe now...maybe now I can rest."

She's totally going to eviscerate her mom with a butcher knife, dudes.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

AuraTwilight wrote:"Mama! Oh, Mama, I've looked everywhere for you...maybe now...maybe now I can rest."

She's totally going to eviscerate her mom with a butcher knife, dudes.
Actually it's: "Mama! Mama, you're the only one left!.. Maybe then, i can rest...."

HarleyQuinnofHate, i don't think we've covered Jealousy yet, opens up a few more interesting thoughts...
HarleyQuinnofHate
Just Passing Through

If what I said would be true, think of how much more could have went on in her life, how messed up she truly is.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

HarleyQuinnofHate wrote:If what I said would be true, think of how much more could have went on in her life, how messed up she truly is.
Thinking about it now, we do notice a few ocasions when Angela suddently changes tone, she was REALLY messed up.. This could have contributed to it.
Spikeyroxas
Just Passing Through

Post by Spikeyroxas »

She fell out a window :P

nah srsly she probably saw her own PH. I remember reading somewhere that those were stairs of judgement. And her dads plastered on the walls on the way up.
So IMO i think she recieved judgement from A PH of her own
My gallery:
http://m.imgur.com/account/Spikeyroxas/images

Youtube:
Spikeyroxas
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You mean some big tormenter figure in general? Because I guarantee she didn't see Pyramid Head himself.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Spikeyroxas
Just Passing Through

Post by Spikeyroxas »

Not the pyramid head jamed saw.
I mean her own guilt manifested into its own Pyramid head.

Which can be true since one was in silent hill 5 and james wasnt there...right?
My gallery:
http://m.imgur.com/account/Spikeyroxas/images

Youtube:
Spikeyroxas
SHF

Post by SHF »

Bogeyman is oriented around the town and the cult, rather than a " personal" manifestation, as it was for james.
SHH adopted certain aspects from the film.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

AuraTwilight wrote:You mean some big tormenter figure in general? Because I guarantee she didn't see Pyramid Head himself.
I think that's what he said, not PH, but some big person who judges her, like PH, but not necessarily him himself ;)

I think that if Angela had her own sub-scenario (which I would call "Searching through a Silent World"), that she would have her own judgmental being. It's an interesting thought.