Eddies world

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

AuraTwilight wrote:I'm pretty sure the meat locker wasn't part of the map, Spartan.
I have a theory about that, actually. I'm pretty sure I posted it in the first page of Ryan's thread about Eddie's victims in the meat locker.

But also, nothing in they Abyss is on a "Map" James made his own for the Labyrinth as he walked, and passed each corner. So you're right, technically, no, Eddie isn't on the non-existent map that James created, in the non-existent Labyrinth of the Abyss.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying. Just go read the first page of Ryan's topic. Let me go find it real quick.

Found it. Sadly. I apologize deeply for my lack of grammar and spelling. To make up for it, I'll tell you what. I'll give you a good song to go listen too!
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Saw it. Doesn't explain much at all.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

Did you read any other part of my above post?
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

omgz lolz. eddie's world is full of monsters that have their thumbs stuck to their heads and constantly wiggling all their other fingers. not to mention really long tongues blowing raspberries that are poison.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Spartan 117 wrote:I never thought about that...Hey just thought of this. Maybe at each characters death we see what they see. Like Ang and her stairs of fire that was never on the map, and Eddie and his dead bodies of James everywhere. And for James it's whatever ending we get. I don't know, just a thought.

-Ech117
assuming spartan meant that quote...

AuraTwilight wrote:Saw it. Doesn't explain much at all.
why not?
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Jo
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Jo »

I personally believe that once you face Eddie, you are in his vision of what is Silent Hill. He sees dead bodies wherever he goes, which is why he has become so accustomed to them, if he sees "monsters" then I assume they are infact humans or manifestations of past people he has hated laughing, mocking and abusing him to the point of insanity.
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

^
Yeah, whenever James is near another person, their manifestations and realities intertwine and mesh.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
Jo
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Jo »

Detective Cartland wrote:^
Yeah, whenever James is near another person, their manifestations and realities intertwine and mesh.
Exactly, which explains the combining of the labyrinth which could be considered his subconcious and the boss fight with Angela's 'father'.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Maybe Eddie's world is full of manifestations of the people he's killed and they're "punishing" him by taunting him and other things because of his guilt. Just a thought
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Eddie has never killed anyone.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Indeed, his worst crime was killing a dog. He didn't become a murderer until after Silent Hill had it's way with him, taking a nice and kind, but shy, awkward, and childish man and twisting him into a sociopath with no value for other people's lives.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jo
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Jo »

AuraTwilight wrote:Indeed, his worst crime was killing a dog. He didn't become a murderer until after Silent Hill had it's way with him, taking a nice and kind, but shy, awkward, and childish man and twisting him into a sociopath with no value for other people's lives.
I think that's when he realised that deep down he was quite sociopathic. When he describes the story to us, he seems to enjoy going into the gritty details. Finding out that he could stop people by hurting them is when he finally realised that this was the way to shut them up.
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

He just didn't care anymore. Silent Hill in a sense actually liberated him from the fear that he had of lashing out at other people.
shail666
Just Passing Through

Post by shail666 »

TheRedOne wrote: At heart though, Eddie was a killer like James and Angela so at some point he stopped running and started killing them. that's my opinion at least.

I agree, I've noticed that the main characters in SH2 reacted differently once they admitted to killing a person. Angela walks up the burning staircase because she can't help but feel all of the blame and Eddy embraces it as a source of power and continues. They sort of set up an example for James, being he commits suicide or follows in his fantasy, like with the Maria ending.

The variation being the leave ending where James reacts on his own accord, instead of following the pattern that Eddy and Angela fall prey to.