Newspaper forewarning...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Twoback
Just Passing Through

Newspaper forewarning...

Post by Twoback »

This might be old news to some,but after having played Silent Hill 2 in HD for the first time I noticed a fascinating little detail that gave me goosebumps and some food for thought.

Just before James enters the town I saw a newspaper laying on the ground.It shows clearly James standing in front of PH's pic at the historical society,a forewarning of events to come. James may be stuck within some kind of endless purgatory or perhaps the town is offering him a chance to turn back. Its only a minor detail,but one worthy of some discussion I thought. :D

You can see the newspaper here @ 11.49 But sadly the dude pays no attention to it.

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Re: Newspaper forewarning...

Post by Agent of God »

I can't see anything. Someone should do a camhack close-up.
We are still here...
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

Agent of God wrote:I can't see anything. Someone should do a camhack close-up.

I only included the vid in my post so as to show its location. You really need to see it on your own TV as others have already done :wink:
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not everyone has ready access to Silent Hill 2. Just have someone do a closeup of it.

Because this smells kinda bullshitty.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

AuraTwilight wrote:Not everyone has ready access to Silent Hill 2. Just have someone do a closeup of it.

I don't appreciate my honesty being called into question. I'm a respected member and moderator of another site and not prone to making false statements.The information I have posted is true and has been verified by posters on 2 other fan sites.I already stated that the video doesnt show the picture,merely the location. Sadly I dont have access to screen cap equipment.Its very sad that anyone making a new discovery like this is immediately suspected of being untruthful :(
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Twoback wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Not everyone has ready access to Silent Hill 2. Just have someone do a closeup of it.

I don't appreciate my honesty being called into question. I'm a respected member and moderator of another site and not prone to making false statements.The information I have posted is true and has been verified by posters on 2 other fan sites.I already stated that the video doesnt show the picture,merely the location. Sadly I dont have access to screen cap equipment.Its very sad that anyone making a new discovery like this is immediately suspected of being untruthful :(
Don't worry, we question EVERYONE'S honesty, hell, someone even questioned Tomm Huelett's post once... I'm pretty sure I spelt his name wrong but whatever.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

There definitely is something on the newspaper, but as far as I can tell, it's nothing at all important, just some random newspaper image.

This is your newspaper.
This is the same texture, reused, near the mesh door which deposits you in this screen.

These are both grabs from the PC version, enhanced to show the detail as much as possible. Which is not much in this case. I could not say what the photos on the newsprint page do look like, but it does not evoke James or Pyramid Head in the slightest for me.

If only someone can get a screenshot from the HD version somehow...

It wasn't a total loss, though. Looking around made me see more posters for The Shining in this area, plastered to the walls.

These things are everywhere.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Twoback wrote:

I'm not saying you're a liar. You could just be mistaken. Or lied to by someone else.

If anything, though, your overdefensiveness would make someone more suspicious. But anyway, yea, I'm not seeing James or PH whatsoever.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

I think these settle the argument.
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, they don't. I can't make out what those images are meant to be.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The big photo seems to be one of the hystorical society rooms but I can't see PH...
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

KageReneko wrote:The big photo seems to be one of the hystorical society rooms but I can't see PH...

You can clearly see James and the painting hanging on the right hand side wall.The flashlight is also illuminating the exact same spot in both pictures.

This is almost identical to the image on the newspaper.

I see no point in continuing to argue,so this is the last post I shall make on the subject.
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I can almost see if. If someone wants to post a bigger version of that image, it'd be great.

In any case, it looks like that image only exists in the HD version, so it's canonical status is questionable at best.
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I don't know that I would call that a "forewarning," but it is certainly an incredible catch. So funny that they used a screenshot as part of the texture.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Thanks Twoback, that was interesting. Sorry for upsetting you earlier, it's just a lot of bullshit claims come through the fandom.
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

AuraTwilight wrote:Thanks Twoback, that was interesting. Sorry for upsetting you earlier, it's just a lot of bullshit claims come through the fandom.

Thanks very much and I really appreciate your apology. :)
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
NF11121
Just Passing Through

Post by NF11121 »

Like in SH3 there 2 pics of James

Youtube channel
Silent Hill stuff
Twoback
Just Passing Through

Post by Twoback »

^^ Nicely spotted! I've not gotten around to SH3 HD yet,I'll be sure to check those out. Thanks for the heads up! :o
I walk a lonely road
Don't know where it goes
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Hey David, nice to see you again!

I think this newspaper picture is only in the HD collection version. I'll play both to be sure.