Mary and James (spoilers)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Mary and James (spoilers)

Post by FatalFrame »

I've read the posts dealing with them but I still have a few questions so I'm sorry if I'm rehashing old news.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It's been said that James has Mary's body with him and all that and that when you're in the boat there is a bloody body in the back and that it is Mary's.

Okay, let's say it is hers. Has James been dragging it around town with him? And why is it bloody? Smothering isn't exactly a peaceful way to go but it doesn't normally produce much blood. If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

The idea that Mary's body is in the trunk of James' car is an idea that makes perfect sense, and most likely is, but of course we'll never know for certain if it really is.

James doesn't necessarily need to have dragged her around town with him. He could easily just have taken the boat and sailed down to the path leading from the observation deck to Nathan Ave., the one that goes through the graveyard, to collect her remains for the ritual.

And I don't recall her body to be bloody --
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

It was said elsewhere. You've got a point about the car and lake and everything, it wraps right around to there. I don't know why, it just seems a little off-kilter with the story to have him do that. At least until one of the endings.
azrael
Just Passing Through

Post by azrael »

Man, my life would be a lot more complete if Team Silent could confirm if Mary was in the car the whole time...
[img]http://www.dcdeadcell.com/images/signatures/shh.png[/img]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

B5160-R wrote: And I don't recall her body to be bloody --
Yep It ain't bloody for sure. It's Marys body similar to one from bed scene at end.
Don't believe in everything you read 'elsewhere' man
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

All right. I'm a little confused. Are these pics from the 'Rebirth' ending? Because if they are then you're right. It makes perfect sense and I just sounded like an idiot. For some reason (it was late, that's my only excuse) I thought they were from him first going to the hotel.
Xev

Post by Xev »

^Dont feel bad, theres an ass load of crap to to take in - in this world of SH, and good for this forum that it is all interesting :wink:
Watchdog

Re: Mary and James (spoilers)

Post by Watchdog »

FatalFrame wrote:
It's been said that James has Mary's body with him and all that and that when you're in the boat there is a bloody body in the back and that it is Mary's.

Okay, let's say it is hers. Has James been dragging it around town with him? And why is it bloody? Smothering isn't exactly a peaceful way to go but it doesn't normally produce much blood. If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know.
It's definitely Mary's body, although as it's been said before - it's not bloody. In fact, James likely gave her a second's clean-up before taking her. And if you believe the theory, which most of us seem to, her body is in the boot of the car from the beginning.

It's not unknown for smothering to cause some bleeding, though.
Gwenfloor
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Gwenfloor »

But why would he keep her body in his car?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure as h*ll makes it even!

Silent Hill RPG: www.silenthill123.proboards50.com
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Because she was killed that morning & he had nowhere else to put her.

>Are these pics from the 'Rebirth' ending?
The first picture is from a promotional image provided by Team Silent. The second image is from the Rebirth ending.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

In that picture, Mary's dress seem dirty. Maybe that is why you thought that it was bloody.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

That could be.
Man, my life would be a lot more complete if Team Silent could confirm if Mary was in the car the whole time...
Yeah, that would be nice. That way him having her body so near to hand for the ritual would make more sense.