The FInal Battle area

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Isnt that shape around her head just her veil forming in place?

Besides that, the Virun VII crest was in Leonard's hands at the time of SH2, right?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Well, Leonard had that coaster with the Virun VII Crest printed on it, but as we all should know by now: it's useless. Totally, absolutely, utterly useless.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

Then what was James doing in the prison cells, with Mary's body, and some occult books? Yup, those books were used by James. Maybe James used the seal to protect Mary? so he could gather the items for the rebirth ritual?

And explain the seal of metatron's appearence near the end of Sh2?

It appears because Xuchilbara has done what James wanted: Someone to punish him for his sins Thats part of the law of the seal of metatron, it does whatever the caster wishes.

But if it's the 'leave ending', Xuchilbara doesent want James to leave.

Endings
If he takes his life: James stays in the Otherside
If he gets Maria: She gets ill like Mary
If he rebirths Mary: He gets Maria

The leave ending is the only end where he is free from unreality.

Adversary wrote
Well, Leonard had that coaster with the Virun VII Crest printed on it, but as we all should know by now: it's useless. Totally, absolutely, utterly useless.
Claudia and Vincent both misunderstood the seal's abilites.
Last edited by SAQOA on 29 Dec 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

FrozenHalo wrote:Isnt that shape around her head just her veil forming in place?

Besides that, the Virun VII crest was in Leonard's hands at the time of SH2, right?
It's the veil. Here's a better shot:

http://z-o-g.org/gallery2/silenthill/sh ... 0.jpg.html

doesn't look like Pyramid Head to me.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
SAQOA
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by SAQOA »

Yup, thats after it's finished changing, while it's changing Pyramid heads image flashes. The picture of while it's changing is at the top.
Time is a skill, thats why you have to make the best moments last. Allow me to start by kicking you in the throat while masterbating to the sound of your own extinction.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Yup, those books were used by James.
What are you talking about? The books in the prison cell have been there for ages--and certainly not because of James. If anyone, they were used by Ernest Baldwin, in order to research the potential power of reviving his daughter, Amy. James hasn't been here before, and he certainly didn't bring Mary down there.

>with Mary's body
Look closer, and you'll see that's Maria's body, not Mary's. Secondly: that scene has no merit in the game because it was simply used for dramatic purposes--much like how Eddie & Laura are seen outside together.

>it does whatever the caster wishes.
Okay. Neat. But James isn't the "conjurer." At all. You've put wa!ay too much emphasis on a character that has no suasion on the outcome of Silent Hill 2, outside of the Rebirth ending. The suggestion that James knew & understood the ritual even before he came to Silent Hill is outrageous, given that nothing remotely implicates this.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

>Upon first entering the Historical Society, take a look at the photograph to James' immediate right. That area is right there: it's a courtroom. This is James' final trial.

Oh I always thought of it as a warehouse for some reason.
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

Well, it does look similiar, but only because of the windows. What's more, in the courtroom there are no lower placed windows. I think it's just a burned down floor of the hotel. That doesn't exist, BTW. Ain't SH sweet?

So it seems a bit too far-fetched, if I may say so. However, if someone thinks this is indeed the courtroom, let it be. I won't argue with you.
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by theshaman »

yea I liked the idea of the last place being the roof of the courthouse.. its like this is the verdict james got in the end the game
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
to fight the demon of his dead wife
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

I don't mean to dredge up a long dead topic--(well, actually, I suppose I do, don't I? Otherwise I wouldn't be posting this..), but I've always subconciounsly equated the Final Battle's "stage" with a hospital..I'm not sure why. I know, it looks nothing like a modern hospital, but old hospitals do have that sort of feel and vibe about them--I should know, my grandmother was in such a hospital just a few years ago, and I visited her a few times. It looked eerily similar to the ending arena.

But...courhouse works, I suppose.
Evil_Someone
Just Passing Through

Post by Evil_Someone »

come on someone must have a pic
btw i agree cuz it cant be lakewiew hotel cuz it doesnt have flat roof :mrgreen:
Silence, don't speak or you'll be taken to Hill Of Death

[spoiler]you will kill Eddie[/spoiler]
You deserve to die too James!!!!!!!!!
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Courthouse does work, because there's a photograph of a courthouse in the Historical Society that matches up quite nicely with the final battle area.

I'll see if I can find it.

Addendum: Oh snap!

I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Yeah, that's what I was talking about in this thread, somewhere towards the beginning.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I know. Someone expressed doubt in regards to its appearance so I figured I'd make myself useful for once.

Now back to crying and making collages.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Caffreys84
Just Passing Through

Post by Caffreys84 »

I thought myself it looked very similar to a courthouse, but as in one of the above posts too it did kind of have a 'hospital feel' about it too. Can't really explain it, it just reminded me of Brookhaven rooftop.
Pontefract Collieries AFC, Grimsby Town FC, and Halifax RLFC for life!
Sightjacker
Just Passing Through

Post by Sightjacker »

I never payed any attension to it myself or given it much though either. But what I always thougt was that James was warped (much like Harry Mason when he entered "Nowhere") to the roof of where Mary had died. It seemed kinda weird how James arrived from a Historical center, all the way down to the prison, further inwards to a courtroom, and then on a roof outside.
Seeing the world I live in a mile away.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Perhaps the reason it reminds people of a hospital is because was mentioned earlier in the thread; it's sort of a return to the scene of the crime, if you will. And where did James' hatred towards his wife, and subsequent guilt, start building? In the hospital, of course, by his dying wife's bed! And what causes guilt? A feeling that one has commited a crime in some manner!

...perhaps I delve too deeply into the realm of ISTDP-style psychology for this one, though...

And for god's sake, Valtiel ≠ Pyramid Head... :roll: Don't make me cut you, people.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

To be truthful, I never really thought deeply about that final battle area. To me, it is awfully plain & didn't really hold my interest in terms of design. Also, I never really took notice of the painting in the Historical Society. But damn, it sure is a courthouse & it damn sure makes sense to me.

Thanks for opening my eyes to this. Very cool.