Alex' Diary

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

They didn't started building or moving in 1853, the town of Shepherd's Glen was founded in that year.

The anniversary poster states the party to take place on saturday and sunday the 20. & 21. september.
if you look up in which year the 20. & 21. were sat+sun tada 2003.
there's comfort in silence
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Claudia was the head priestess of the sect of the Holy Woman for awhile.
Really? Thanks for the info. I figured she was just a nun because she was called "Sister".
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I guess the sacrifices must have taken place a few years after the town was founded then.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

yeah, obviously.
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

Mantorok wrote:I guess the sacrifices must have taken place a few years after the town was founded then.
The town was founded on September 20th or 21st, and the sacrifices happen on the 23rd. You can figure that out with a tombstone in the cemetery.
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The celebration may have only occurred on the 20th & 21st b/c of the weekend.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

The 23rd it may have been, but it was obviously not the same year of the actual founding.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

that's just what you think. i still believe the first sacrifices took place in '53. waiting years with that doesn't seem plausible to me.
The celebration may have only occurred on the 20th & 21st b/c of the weekend.
still it proves that the celebration was in 2003 and the founding was in 1853. Sorry, if this was directed to war machine.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It was. I agree that the sacrifices occurred in 1853 originally, then again in 1903, 1953, and 2003.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I'm not so sure the children have been dead for 4 years by the time Alex returns home. Only Josh definitely was.
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Judging from game text and audio files we can be quite sure. Yes, it was not included to final version, it's not canon, but still...

Wheeler: «You've been gone a while. So I'll assume you don't know squat. This all started a few years back. Probably just around the time you left. This damn fog rolled in, and the town started to fall apart. The clocks stopped, people starting disappearing... Your brother was one of the first to go missing. It took quite a toll on your mother, I'm afraid. But a lot of other kids disappeared too. Dr. Fitch's daughter and... *huff* there's been a lot».

Judging from game text file we can even figure out the exact dates of sacrifices:
«Beneath these stones are lay the mortal remains of Ann Holloway. Died September 21st at 17 years of age».
«Sacred to the memory of Daniel Shepherd, son of Isaac Shepherd. Died September 23rd at 5 years of age».
«Helen Bartlett daughter of Mr. Mason Bartlett Died September 26th at 2 years of age».
«Erected by Cornelius Fitch to the memory of Theodore his son who departed this world September 29th at 9 years of age».

So they found Shepherd's Glen at September 20/21, 1853, killed the first child at September 21 and continued murdering till September 29.

That makes sense to me.
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

well, the fact that it is not in the final version doesn't automatically make it non-canon, but we should take it with a grain of salt.

since the theory is not based ONLY on cut out content, i'd say it's legitimate to consider them as proof.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Heh... I apparently missed a lot of things. I just downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 and I'm now able to read some things I was unable to read before.

It says that Dahlia wanted to revive god at 1976. Therefore, according to them, SH1 happened in 1983 and SH3 happened in the year of 2000...