extra scene after credits

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

extra scene after credits

Post by Doo-glas »

so if you collect all the photos in the games after the credits there's a bizarre extra scene

the scene shows Alex's house again, but with footprints of water leading from the basement all the way to Alex and Joshua's room and when it reaches the bunk bed Joshua is sitting on it holding his camera, he's looks to the camera (which is supposed to be Alex's view) and says "smile!' and takes a photo, the photo is the photo of Alex with his eyes closed you find in the attic

so what on earth could this mean? does Alex black out at some point, walk to his room and not remember it? maybe when he tries the door to the hunting room and has a flashback is when he does this (this is just grasping at straws though)

very, very weird
DeadShadow

Post by DeadShadow »

Hey Doo-glas, would you know if this has to be done on hard mode or not?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It doesn't.

And I figured it was just a cute, feel-good scene that never actually happens, like SH1's bloopers.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

AuraTwilight wrote:It doesn't.

And I figured it was just a cute, feel-good scene that never actually happens, like SH1's bloopers.
it just seems like it does happen because you find that photo in the game
thatguynm
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by thatguynm »

when I first found that photo, I strained my eyes reading the text at on the photo, I think it read "its over"
[url=http://www.myspace.com/thatguynm]click[/url]
"Think not that dreams appear to the dreamer only at night:
the dream of this world of pain appears to us even by day."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Just because you find the item doesn't mean it's existence is canon or not 4th-wall-breaking. Otherwise Heather is a Magical Girl.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

You could argue that they're trying to say that its the true ending of the game. You could also argue its a joke like some of the things in SH3 but this game wasn't giving me the impression at least that it was a joke.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'll agree that Smile! is clearly the intended ending, but the extended scene I personally consider an omake, because it's just a random asspull.
Captain Coatrack
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Captain Coatrack »

thatguynm wrote:when I first found that photo, I strained my eyes reading the text at on the photo, I think it read "its over"
It's "Hi Alex"
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

Heh, it was just a sweet little add on if you ask me. A flashback on the origin of the picture, assuming it was one of the photos that showed up during the game (I could never see those things properly anyhow).
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I just saw this scene at the end of the good ending on YouTube. It was so sweet, maybe even bittersweet.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

The thought just hit me, the extra scene must be a flashback because Alex has the flashlight in his pocket, and he left it to Josh in the ending. I'm still not sure what relevance it has to the story though.
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

I wish there was more of a reward to collecting all the photos than the extra ending addition.
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

Yeah there weren't a lot of unlockables in this game.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

Well, this could have been taken BEFORE Alex acually went out to the lake with Josh. Seeing the posters and toys in their room, I would say the "game" isn't the first time Alex pretends to be a soilder. ( Another detail is the soldier toy in the sandbox ).
We also know he likes to pretend stuff, as his father says on the tape one can find in the house.
So I belive most of the photos acually were taken by Josh when he was alive.
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

But could it really be before they went out to the lake because at the beginning of that cutscene, we clearly see a trail of water going up the stairs which is what Alex follows and sees Josh.
DemonZer0
Just Passing Through

Post by DemonZer0 »

Well i have been of for a time in the forums,

i only want to say somenthing about it (maybe it's not relevant), but actually is the only picture you found that includes Alex (Tell me if i'm wrong), cause when you look aroud the house, in all pictures theres no Alex, even he says that he remember that he was in that photo
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:But could it really be before they went out to the lake because at the beginning of that cutscene, we clearly see a trail of water going up the stairs which is what Alex follows and sees Josh.
So the water could have not been from Josh just beeing in the Hunterroom, while the basement was filled with water, or rain, or something else.
That specific water MUST HAVE BEEN from the Lake ? I think not.
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The water trail is from the front door. If the scene was trying to imply that Josh was coming from the basement (which wouldn't of been flooded anyway) or the hunter room, it would be coming from those locations. It's from the lake, get over it.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

The water is deffo from the lake. I think this scene is part of Alex's dileusion, because Josh is soaked, and there is a pool of water by Josh's feet implying that he is a lot more than just a bit wet from a flooded basement. We can also see from the photo that Alex looks shocked rather than surprised as if he is like "Wtf, Josh is here".

And as Aura said, the trail of water leads from the front door, not the basement.