Fitch's Heroism (Spoilers)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Can someone explain to me why they couldn't have just moved to another town? If they only feared this god and not like it, and moving out would solve everything they feared, then it seems to me like it's a no-brainer.

Unless, of course, moving out town wouldn't have removed the curse. That's where my personal theory comes in -- no matter if they moved to NYC or Tokyo, the Silent Hill demons would have followed them like a little cloud. What do you guys think?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

They still worshipped God, you know. And since it's God, they probably feared it could've come after them and gotten them wherever they were. They must've figured moving from Silent Hill, but forming their own lakeside town and continuing their worship, was the best idea.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
o-('_'Q)
Just Passing Through

Post by o-('_'Q) »

To add to what Aura siad, they mad thepact togther, so I don't believe one of the families would be able to just leave. They would be forced to stay not only out of fear that their god would follow them, but that they would essentially be brniging his wrath upon the families that stayed if they left.
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Like I said, it would've been a cloud of bad things following them. Thanks for the info!
ValTanner
Just Passing Through

Post by ValTanner »

Interesting... Fitch probably did save him just because he was the sacrafice, and it probably *was* the leg that teh judge drilled into because it was bugging me that Double Helix didn't make Alex limp after that. I mean, how could you NOT limp? So, all that makes sense. As for why Alex doesn't talk about it...? Maybe he doesn't remember it. I mean, it was an accident, so he could've been knocked unconscious, and even if Fitch did wake him up while he stayed with him, Alex would probably have faded in and out, so... yeah, that's my guess: he doesn't remember.
The hate I hate believing...
I never saw it coming...
You have your orders, soldier...
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

That's a good point, ValTanner. For the sake of plot accuracy, they could've at least given you a choice to use a health drink on it or go through about 15 minutes of playing time limping.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why bother animating a specific limping walking pattern for the last 15 minutes of gameplay? Alex is badass enough to just shrug it off el oh el.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

Why not? They " bothered " to animate different ways he could die and he already has a normal limping animation when his health is low.
EngulfedInFog
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by EngulfedInFog »

I think Fitch was more likely just caught in the middle of everything his elders and the order had going on. when you encounter fitch before scarlet, he just seems broken and warped. he cuts himself to somehow atone for sacrificing his daughter. i think double helix could have really fleshed out that aspect of the story a little more ( i didn't even realize that existed, and its a very cool caveat) so maybe fitch did really like alex and the potentials of it were never really explored. but the idea if alex was the chosen one to die, does that mean he had to die in a certain way? otherwise, fitch would have been better off letting him freeze.

maybe fitch saw beyond the agenda of the order and just did what he felt was right?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>if alex was the chosen one to die, does that mean he had to die in a certain way?
By drowning.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
War Machine
Just Passing Through

Post by War Machine »

MMY wrote:>if alex was the chosen one to die, does that mean he had to die in a certain way?
By drowning.
And by his dad.
[i]"I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death."[/i] - Stephen Colbert
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or his mother.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

When does the game suggest that?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KLGChaos
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by KLGChaos »

It doesn't to my knowledge. I assumed Adam had to do it because he was the Master of Arms. Hence, the Siam monsters. Lilian was just along for the ride, helpless to do anything.
I'm offended by political correctness.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

When does the game suggest that?
I assume either parent could've done it, since Holloway, being a female, had to marry into the family name. To be fair, it's probable that she only had to do it because the father is obviously missing, but I don't see why either can't do it, so long as they're the birth-parents.
LastGunslinger
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: The most extreme and utter region of the human mind.

Post by LastGunslinger »

I got the impression the Holloway family was a matriarchy, given the founding Holloway was also apparently female, from the painting in the town hall.

I actually completely forgot about the news article until it was mentioned here, because the game didn't reinforce that aspect of the story at all. It leaves a lot to speculate about, but I suspect it was part of a plot branch that was cut from final development of the game. Either that, or it was included just to make Fitch more sympathetic.

It also occurs to me that, being obsessive about exploring areas fully before going forward to the next area, I visited the town hall before Alex's home. If I had visited there later on, it would have been right after Scarlett, when it would have appeared more relevant to Fitch's storyline.
“The sinister, the terrible never deceive: the state in which they leave us is always one of enlightenment. And only this condition of vicious insight allows us a full grasp of the world, all things considered, just as a frigid melancholy grants us full possession of ourselves. We may hide from horror only in the heart of horror."
--Thomas Ligotti
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

It's very possible that Fitch just saved Alex because it was the right thing to do.

Of course they made the sacrifices later but I don't think Fitch was a bad guy.
makie
Just Passing Through

Post by makie »

I'm just replaying Homecoming and wondered if anyone noticed that the article about Fitch saving the kids is gone after the Scarlet boss.
It just vanishes. Also the white box that sat on one of the tables is gone and you can't check the books on the shelves anymore.
makie is sorry for her bad english! >.<;
blank fairy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by blank fairy »

^^ I noticed that too! I'm planning to replay to check the town hall while on the way to Fitch's clininc to see if it was gone since before or only after the Scarlet fight. Because if it was gone before it could mean Fitch himself took it off.
I got the impression the Holloway family was a matriarchy, given the founding Holloway was also apparently female, from the painting in the town hall.
I thought so too, but then later in the little Holloway mausoleum Alex says that the husband, Edwin Holloway was the one of the original founders, so I don't know.