Homecoming bugs thread

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

IN fact im not sure if this is a bug, but when you crowbar scarlet's back off did anyone else find that if you tap too fast it fails? o.o
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

^Yes, that is quite common for most gamers, and it also happened to me as well :mrgreen:
^^
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I'm 90% convinced that some glitches "trigger" when you put on a alternate costume, at least in my copy of the game.

I'm playing again for the 4th time right now, with the "bloody doctor" costume, and I experienced so far a lot of slow down when you go to certain places, when you pick something, when you roll, when you open doors or when you examine stuff.
Also, sometimes when a music is playing on the background if you examine a thing, like a letter for example the music stops and don't play anymore. So yeah, when I'm playing with default Alex costume none of this happens, it's only when I play with another outfit. . .
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

If you skip the scene where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Curtis is dragging you, and you have your first truthful talk with Judge Halloway... the drill scene
then the game will freeze, this has happened to me twice (on the Xbox 360 version)
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
SHF

Post by SHF »

It may help to say what system your playing the game on, so it narrows it down
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but when you're in Alchemilla Hospital, and the Otherworlds starts to appear, and the lamp falls down in the bathroom. The shadows from the sink doesn't move. This bothers me quite a lot, haha! The lamp is moving up and down, but the shadows are going anywhere!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHYz3id-2aQ Go here to check it out.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

New glitch: I was fighting a dog, aiming actually, with the laser pistol and when the dog jumped to bite Alex I shot it and the dog kinda started to "float" for 2 seconds or something.

BUG: After Alex's mother dies I was going to save and turn the system off but when I was almost at the stairs the game freezed. I had to turn off the system with the on/off button (which is bad, I always do that with the joystick) now I have to start the prison level again. Motherfucker.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

New Glitch: I was aiming at a Needler in the Hotel (the ones that drop from the ceiling) and before it could drop on the floor I used the Laser Pistol on it. The Needler got stucked in the ceiling and then vanished.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Awesome glitches, Meph. They sound exciting-the only ones I ever get are the Siams getting stuck through the door.
MAvulture
Just Passing Through

Post by MAvulture »

I hear a lot about the game being glitchy, but I have been through a few times now and never had a single problem. Perhaps theres an upside to the watered-down aussie version?
--Master of the moon--
I, Rabbit
Just Passing Through

Re: Homecoming bugs thread

Post by I, Rabbit »

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but I stopped playing homecoming in '12 because of that damn sewer glitch. The game dropped out of my mind because let's be honest, it's not the strongest game in the series and I'd merely played it for the sake of playing it. Anyway, I picked it back up a few months ago as boredom is want for you to do, and after notching and whining when I saw my game file, started a new one.

And the bugs started. I couldn't remember if I'd experienced the bugs in my previous play through, (I should mention I'm a 360 whore), but the first one I experienced was audio glitches. With the first cut scene in regards to taking the Robbie doll, the noises were muted until afterwards, when I heard the screaming as I was just stood there. I thought, okay, keep going.
Later on, I experienced the endless fog bug. Imo I believe it's the map perimeter, but I couldn't back track and remained stuck in the endless fog until I conceeded and reloaded.
My next bug happened with the fight with the siam in the police station. Neither the male, nor the female side seemed to be taking damage and I was dying constantly. My ammo was low and I was just all round annoyed. On my last try, after being successfully knocked to the ground for what felt like the millionth time, the siam began to glitch in one spot. It wouldn't move, wouldn't attack, and thank the heavens it seemed to be taking damage. It may seem like a cheap kill, but I managed to finish it off in its glitched state.
I've put the game down now, I'm more interested in playing fallout and hd collection respectively. I just wanted to get past the sewer level, but after the first unfortunate play through, it's left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm unwilling to commit time to a game that's ridiculously glitchy, regardless if one of a hundred glitches helped me.
I want to see how far I can go before I'm forced to stop.
I, Rabbit
Just Passing Through

Post by I, Rabbit »

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but I stopped playing homecoming in '12 because of that damn sewer glitch. The game dropped out of my mind because let's be honest, it's not the strongest game in the series and I'd merely played it for the sake of playing it. Anyway, I picked it back up a few months ago as boredom is want for you to do, and after notching and whining when I saw my game file, started a new one.

And the bugs started. I couldn't remember if I'd experienced the bugs in my previous play through, (I should mention I'm a 360 whore), but the first one I experienced was audio glitches. With the first cut scene in regards to taking the Robbie doll, the noises were muted until afterwards, when I heard the screaming as I was just stood there. I thought, okay, keep going.
Later on, I experienced the endless fog bug. Imo I believe it's the map perimeter, but I couldn't back track and remained stuck in the endless fog until I conceeded and reloaded.
My next bug happened with the fight with the siam in the police station. Neither the male, nor the female side seemed to be taking damage and I was dying constantly. My ammo was low and I was just all round annoyed. On my last try, after being successfully knocked to the ground for what felt like the millionth time, the siam began to glitch in one spot. It wouldn't move, wouldn't attack, and thank the heavens it seemed to be taking damage. It may seem like a cheap kill, but I managed to finish it off in its glitched state.
I've put the game down now, I'm more interested in playing fallout and hd collection respectively. I just wanted to get past the sewer level, but after the first unfortunate play through, it's left a sour taste in my mouth and I'm unwilling to commit time to a game that's ridiculously glitchy, regardless if one of a hundred glitches helped me.
I want to see how far I can go before I'm forced to stop.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

Just remembered this one aswell.

Playing on PS3. Second ever playthrough, Alex is being dragged off after being hit over the head by Curtis, shouldn't I be able to see his legs?

Next scene and Holloway is talking to an empty chair, Alex can be heard but not seen.

Alex was invisible for the whole cut scene. It looked quite funny at the climax.

Most irregular.