ur opinion on silent hill 5 town.

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Saken
Just Passing Through

ur opinion on silent hill 5 town.

Post by Saken »

How do u guys think the town should look? Like how it was in restless dreams but for sh5 but with a lot more into it? Or should they recreate a silent hill town for the silent hill fans to re stumble on?

In my opinion I think they should keep it like part 2 but add A LOT more to it.
[b]My signature is STILL TOO BIG.[/b]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

like SH, but with better graphics
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

The South (Where SH2 & 3 took place) is done, they shouldn't go back there. The only options are a redone version of Old/Central Silent Hill (Where SH1 took place) or a completely new part of the town
"The Body Is Cold?"
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

Just like Hyrule in the legend of Zelda, a big plaza with some shops and random people standing around. Then the castle further up the town.

Ok I am just kidding. I would honestly like to see exactly the same town as in Silent Hill 2. With updated visuals and more details, common sense.
Obviously exploring new places of the town itself, but being able to see the connection between the town in the other games.

Basically I want to be able to say "Hey I've been here before, my God the town hasn't changed at all".

I have posted this before, but as I said: I like what I see thus far.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25641.html
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I liked the way the layout was almost the same (Jack's Inn, The streets and gas station, Brookhaven Hospital, etc) were the same between 2 and 3 and would like to see that continue in 5. I do agree with Chrism. Revisit South Vale and open up maybe north of the Resort area or someplace else new.

Any idea where the circle (water prison) and hope/wish house are?
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Radical Dreamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Radical Dreamer »

I don't know how practical it'd be, but I'd like to see the entire town be explorable; Old Silent Hill, the Shopping District, the Resort Area, Southvale, Paleville, all the new places from Origins, and some new places too, if possible.
unreadphilosophy
Historical Society Historian

Post by unreadphilosophy »

Considering that the protagonist of SH5 is a solider, I would like to see the town in a war zone setting. They could have some cars flipped over in the street, maybe some buildings knocked down. I would also like to have what The Walkin Dude suggested in terms of the town being explorable.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

i would like to be able to see the old town and new parts of town. i want to revisit parts 1 2 3 4 and origins plus have extra new stuff. i want a huge and explorable game---no more broken locks! :P
Life changes daily so go with it!
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Well, they need to keep the street layouts the same. For changes, SH5 should go Otherworld style on the streets as it did in SH1 for some new effects. That way you get the best of both worlds. The ability to re-explore old locations with nice new ps3 graphics, yet travel with unexpected twists all around. Not sure what Origins has in store since I have yet to play it, but we haven't explored the far depths of the Alchemilla Hospital/Antique Shop section in a while.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

The Walkin Dude wrote:I don't know how practical it'd be, but I'd like to see the entire town be explorable; Old Silent Hill, the Shopping District, the Resort Area, Southvale, Paleville, all the new places from Origins, and some new places too, if possible.
Sort of like in the GTA series - I'd like that too. I'd like it so that as the story goes on you unlock more and more of the town (moreso that it usually does). Maybe a few more random open buildings, like the houses on the streets, or all the other buildings we visited in the other games, so we can compare them?

I'd still like it if they kept it to the usual style of only seeing a small part, but I think it would be great fun having a evening constitutional around the streets ^_^
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
edders
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by edders »

To be honest, I'd rather have a larger town at some expense to the amount of detailed content than a very small town with loads of detail - I know the latter sounds like a good idea, but in my experience game developers never seem to get it right - they just end up with far less content that's only slightly more detailed than the previous game (see Morrowind to Oblivion).
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

0rigins takes place in the area South and East of Alchemilla/Central Silent Hill.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Grimwar
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grimwar »

I'd like to just be able to be in Silent Hill again whatever the case may be. I think the last two games (#3 in the beginning) ignored the town way too much and it was as if it was a second thought. What use is the game's title if you aren't actually going to the town of Silent Hill?

But the rumor mill already looks as if there will be a return to Silent Hill, possibly some other nearby town as well.

I'd definately like to see some more exploration away from the main plot. Finding the little dark secrets and such, hidden patches of history and background secondary stories going on. While previous games had a specific path you had to take, I'd like to see this game have a different take and allow a little more freedom.
[nothing right now]
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

I'd like the whole town to be explorable. More importantly though, I'd like a brand new town to explore as well; good thing Shepard's Glen seems to provide that niche.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

swedish, please resize your avatar, it's too big. Max size is 100x100.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
hollywood-01

Post by hollywood-01 »

i think they should add new parts to the town.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

Idc just as long as it's SH and the graphics and designers do justice to it.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
nicole84
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by nicole84 »

I agree, I would like to see new parts of the town. After all, I've explored every part of the town in the previous games. I would love a new challenge! 8) And even better graphics of course, but I guess they've already got that part covered. Personally, I would like the town to be more interactive. i.e. when you click to some houses' or shops' doors the game acts as if you've done nothing; it doesn't even tell you that they're locked or something. I would like to see that change and also see some more doors open, even if it doesn't have something to do with the story, just for the sake of exploration.
Spong
Gravedigger

Post by Spong »

I'd like to see a return to the original town but have greater freedom to explore.
The town's very much the focal point, it's about time they stopped guiding us down such narrow paths.
TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

theres no reason they would or should change it around. all that should be done is inhance the graphics. i would be so pissed and so should any other sh fan if the cit was changed.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner