Silent Hill: Reflections - Fan Film

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

DMChristensen
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill: Reflections - Fan Film

Post by DMChristensen »

Silent Hill: Reflections "promotional image".
PROMOTIONAL IMAGE
Here's a sample track to go along with the image. Just a fun fact: you'll hear bits of the main theme in the track. Can you guess which part? Also tell me your thoughts. Criticism is accepted and appreciated, just don't be too mean please.
SAMPLE MUSIC TRACK

Hello, I mentioned a fan-film I've been working on in my introduction post, but I didn't go into any details about it.

This fan-film is a work in progress and is in the production stages. I have completed the script and am now working with 3D models (this film will be completely CGI). I will also be "blueprinting" locations with Minecraft; namely Pleasant River, which is southeast of Silent Hill (as it has never actually appeared on-screen before) and Paleville. This page will be updated as I progress (you'll even see Minecraft "blueprints" and it's progression as well).

I may even release more music samples depending on how you like the track that I've already shown. Piece0fSheet666 from youtube is doing the soundtrack. I'll post a link to his youtube channel here.

I've been working on this project for some time, actually. I work a bit slow because a lot has been going on in my life at the moment. For the most part I'm adjusting to Massachusetts, USA, as I just moved here from Tennessee, USA. This project's plot has changed a few times, starting with being primarily based on Silent Hill 2's type of story to a more original story, separate from the past titles of the Silent Hill series. No more worries on it changing anymore, though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHORT SYNOPSIS (I'm not good at writing synopsis' without giving too many spoilers. Fair warning: it may sound bland)
Thomas Owens, a police officer from Pleasant River, receives a call at the station from a man named David Miller. He claims to be "held hostage" by a man somewhere in Silent Hill. Midway through the plea for help, the phone becomes "staticy" before losing connection completely. Thomas is told to let Silent Hill's police department deal with the situation, but he has an odd kind of feeling, like a calling to the town. After work that day, Thomas drives west toward the town of Silent Hill, where reflections of a past life will return to him, and ultimately change him. Forever.
Last edited by DMChristensen on 14 Jun 2011, edited 4 times in total.
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill: Reflections - Fan Film

Post by Laxamentum »

I enjoyed the sample track provided. It has a very "Welcome to Silent Hill" vibe to it. If I had any time to commit I would be pleased help out, though with two jobs myself I can't imagine I could.

I can't wait to see more of your work!
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I really, really like that sample track. It has a sort of calming vibe and it reminds me of the moment just before a storm that nobody knows is going to happen right before the thunder starts kicking in. (if my analogy makes sense, lol)
DMChristensen
Just Passing Through

Post by DMChristensen »

Thanks for the comment on the sample track, guys. :D

Though any sample tracks made and/or released will not necessarily be used in the finished project. For example, the track you heard was created to go along with the promotional image. Though like I said in the opening post, it has a bit of the main theme of Reflections mixed in with it.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I could totally provide you with some creepy industial music i made! Similar sounds used in the actually games.