Complete map of Silent Hill

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

Awesome. I've been waiting for someone to do this for years. If you made this into a poster, I WOULD buy it.
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

Seriously good work on this. I was getting ready to do this exact same project when I stumbled across yours. I had a number of different interpretations and am building my map for a specific game usage, so couldn't use it as is. I went ahead the last three days and used yours as a base for my own to save a little time reinventing the wheel. I hope you don't mind as I left credits to yourself in it. I borrowed someone's photobucket account to post it for you to look at and see what you think of the modifications

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/ ... th_Map.jpg

I didn't want to use the suggestion of extending the lake in the manner it appeared in SH:H due to it eliminating the road that led to the interstate and honestly SH:H maps didn't match any of the other SH games at all anyway. I added the wishouse at a point outside of town so it would be secluded and I tossed in the prison in some space I had due to the rework. For those who would argue that the prison is supposed to be under the Historical Society building, the staircase would have put it under the lake which is impractical given it's history. I am working under the understanding that the prison was somewhere else and it was in Jame's mind that the door in the back of the building led down to the prison.
Guy-onthe-Couch
Just Passing Through

Post by Guy-onthe-Couch »

Looks great from what i can see, I've always hesitated about adding other landmarks like the prison and wish house but they should rightfully be somewhere so excellent work!
A fellow by the name of SilentResident over at the silent hill wiki also made some modifications to my map as well to tackle the additions in homecoming such as the extended lake that you can view here.

There's so many different aspects and unknowns pertaining to silent hill, it's good to see the community getting involved and contributing their ideas. Great job my friend, I'd love to see more!
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

Hmm... I actually like that handling. With Homecoming, I always took the huge differences to be a side effect of it being mostly in his mind rather than reality. I don't recall there being anything to indicate that he had ever actually been to Silent Hill, so much of what he saw was probably fabricated from things he had been told. That is sort of why I put the bait and tackle where I did. I figured it would be the docks found in SH:H that his father may have mentioned at some point. I figured the cemetary was actually the one by the Lutheran Church and again was just something he remembered hearing about. As to the Prison, that one I never could get to jive at all in my mind. The history of crime and punishment was pretty clearly laid out as to prison presence. The prison from SH:H being right there in the middle of town and having never been so much as passingly mentioned before didn't sit well with me so I figured that part was an utter fabrication of his mind.

I actually like the way the water works in the map made by Silent Resident that I might actually use some of that to adjust my own. I would probably make it a thinner finger of water so as not to interfere with the wish house placement and will probably not be adding the graveyard or prison in there... but the look of it makes the lake feel much larger, which I like. I also like that he added an indication of where Brahms is. That was one of the modifications on my to-do list for later.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

Guy-onthe-couch I'm just so grateful!Thanks a lot for sharing this masterpiece of yours with us.By tommorow your map with your name written in capitals will be decorating my wall. :D
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

As far as I can tell, it's a highly detailed and accurate map.

Awesome achievement!
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

A revised version of my previous revision to include aspects of yet another version that I liked.

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/ ... _Map-1.jpg
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Both maps are very good. I wonder if Central Silent Hill, wedged between the lake and the river as it is, has flooding problems when it rains hard. And with the release of shattered memories, a whole new complete map should be in order, if there are any significant differences.
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

Dude, your statement simply incredible, I like very
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

I remember when you first released this on the other forum before it died, but again good work done there I like it
Youma Taisan!
janiperta
Just Passing Through

Post by janiperta »

They are all great maps... One thing that "annoys" me though is the fact that the lake takes so much space. I wanted to have one printed, and wrinkled to my hallway (so it would be like the "real map"), so I had my friend print this for my wall. He had to make it about 1 meter high to make it readable, and still some of the text is very blurry. The lake takes half of the whole picture, so the text is very small...

I've always loved the first game so I think I'll just crop the maps used in those and have it printed. That way it can be read and still be a decent sized...
Leviathanapsu
Just Passing Through

Post by Leviathanapsu »

Yeh... the one major down side to creating a map that is a combination of all of the various game maps is that you get a huge monster of a map. In game, there was a good reason that the map only included the areas it did in SH2,... you know, aside from the fact that you never went into those areas....
janiperta
Just Passing Through

Post by janiperta »

Yeah, that's unfortunately the case... But no biggy, like I said. I'll crop the SH1 map, and print that.

Or is there someone on the forum, who already has one?
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Excellent thread. Just wanted to say great job to everyone involved. I hope one day there will be more clarity on Toluca prison and the Hope house. Btw, do we have a good estimate of where Shepards Glen is located in relation to SH?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'd love to know the exact location of the Panopticon Tower and the forest...
Late, yes, but Wish House is located on the southeast side of Toluca Lake, presumably near the observation deck James begins his journey at.
Last edited by The Adversary on 16 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Just curious,what makes you think that?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

A memo in Silent Hill 4: The Room says so.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Oh okay, i'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Joseph Schreiber tells Jasper Gein, "His home is the orphanage in the middle. The lake is northwest. So the opposite is southeast."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Ah, alrighty then lol