Samples used by Akira Yamaoka

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Samples used by Akira Yamaoka

Post by peronmls »

Guess who got mind control for $25.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201234629236

originally $150 on voice crystals site.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

At last! Good find man.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Has Terror in the depths of fog been found? My download of peculiar beats wont complete but some of the sounds still play but then cut off. I heard the beat in it. It was one of the first 4 samples. Along with A stray child beat which I was almost positive it was from another library.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

peronmls wrote:Has Terror in the depths of fog been found? My download of peculiar beats wont complete but some of the sounds still play but then cut off. I heard the beat in it. It was one of the first 4 samples. Along with A stray child beat which I was almost positive it was from another library.
Assuming you're talking about the drumloop, yes, it's been found. Did you find the CDDA release?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Nisto wrote:
peronmls wrote:Has Terror in the depths of fog been found? My download of peculiar beats wont complete but some of the sounds still play but then cut off. I heard the beat in it. It was one of the first 4 samples. Along with A stray child beat which I was almost positive it was from another library.
Assuming you're talking about the drumloop, yes, it's been found. Did you find the CDDA release?
no. Just the wav version. Wasnt a stray child used in a sounds good CD?
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

All I can personally remember is that Peculiar Beats had at least a few samples from Malice in Wonderland (Zero-G), which I did already mention once a few pages ago by the way..
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Mind control came in. Gonna check it out then share. :)
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Zero-G is currently having an offer where if you sign up for their newsletter (or register a different email account *wink*) you'll get a code for $20 off your "first" purchase. They're also having a big sale until Jan. 5th, and a lot of their older titles are priced under $20. You can basically just grab something for free. I went ahead and picked up Dream Zone (for nothin'!).

Edit: Well, that didn't last long. It appears that they have discovered their mistake.
nobody is anybody
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

Thread, you won't die!

Was just wondering if this pick-up (or whatever) FX was found yet? I know I've heard it in one of the Silent Hills, but forget which and what exactly it was used for, I just know it was used in one of the first four. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHh5a6O59k&t=1m28s The game is from 1999.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

I never heard any of those sounds play in any SH game. None of them sound familiar.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

I linked to 1:28 of the song, but it starts at just about 1:29 (so I linked slightly before it just to be on the safe side). It's the background ambience that loops. But in SH it plays at a lower tempo I think.

EDIT: Yeah. Silent Hill 2. But I think the cut is different. Here's the actual sample from SH2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/484 ... xbc0e0.vag
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

ohh the selection SFX XD. That's in all SH games besides 1. Also yes it has been found by someone else. It's from a Zero G library.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

By the way, did you ever find out where that "Chinese Crisis" sample from Ghost in the Machine plays in Fermata in Mistic Air? I have an idea, but I could be wrong..
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Nisto wrote:By the way, did you ever find out where that "Chinese Crisis" sample from Ghost in the Machine plays in Fermata in Mistic Air? I have an idea, but I could be wrong..
The sample is so quiet that it is probably just looping throughout the whole track and we cant hear it.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

Yeah that's essentially what I think too. Although at 0:01, 0:03, 0:04, 0:06, 0:07, etc. you can hear two low thuds. If you play the in-game version of the sample, at a slightly higher pitch it kind of matches up with the first two. But that's all I can hear of it..
jdnoidea9
Just Passing Through

Post by jdnoidea9 »

Hey guys,

I've been searching for the internet for ages to find 2 samples that Akira used, in White Noiz.

I've managed do get that choiry Daybreak sample which was the 2nd one in the song, and looking at previous comments people have found the first sample as well from some FX library.

I don't know if it's allowed to ask here - if not - I APOLOGIZE - and please, if a Moderator sees this, remove this post.

But if it'd be okay, I'd like to ask if anyone still possessed this sample by any chance?

I'd really really like to be able to play white noiz on my keyboard :)

Thank you guys in advance, I would appreciate it so much, seriously.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

^The first sample is Ambient FX 08-11 from Ambient Grooves. Here it is: Ambient FX 08-11

You'll just need to snip off the beginning of the sample and add some reverb.
nobody is anybody
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

This place has been dead for awhile. I know we found most but there are still a few out there that I would like to find. Anyone eying a certain library?
jdnoidea9
Just Passing Through

Post by jdnoidea9 »

VIVIsect: I owe you a beer!!!

That is perfection itself, thank you so much!

Better get to work :)
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

I haven't given up myself. I have a few libraries on my want list, but I haven't actually looked around for a while (busy doing other stuff).

Sounds Good: Sample Material (I know it's "the same" as Ambient Grooves from Sony supposedly, but still)
Uberschall: Special Sound Effects (1993)
Infinite Sound: Ambient Atmospheres
Big Fish Audio: d-Day - Megaton Bomb 2
AMG: Underfire 2
Rarefaction: Digital Dysfunctions
Rarefaction: Textural Ambience
Sony: Ugly Remnants (vol 1)