Samples used by Akira Yamaoka

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Samples used by Akira Yamaoka

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:Silent Hill 3
Track: Memory Of The Waters
Sample Library: Things That Go Bump In The Night 2 (Disc 2)
Sample Name: PLOT
Time of Sample: 0:00
oh nice find!

and before i forget i found this one that no one will probably care about.

Game: SH3
Sample Libray: Alien guitars
Time: 4:50

Its that sound that sounds like an intercom coming on.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

peronmls wrote: and before i forget i found this one that no one will probably care about.

Uhm, can you give a little more information? Sample name / Track title?
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

Silent Hill 4
Track: Last Movie
Sample Library: Things That Go Bump In The Night 2
Sample Name: SUNDIAL 1
Time of Sample: 0:00
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:
peronmls wrote: and before i forget i found this one that no one will probably care about.

Uhm, can you give a little more information? Sample name / Track title?
crap i forgot about the link to the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLj0Pyv ... Lj0Pyv_f7I

CD2 Track 76
Avith
Just Passing Through

Post by Avith »

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Track: Devil's Laughter
Sample Library: Smoke (Zero-G)
Sample Name: Revolver Stab
Time of Sample: 0:07

Silent Hill 4
Track: Into the Depths of Self Discovery
Sample Name: Ripple String
Time of Sample: 1:22
Nisto
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nisto »

I'm sure someone already found it, but doesn't seem like it was documented...

Silent Hill 0
Track: Raw Power
Sample Library: Spectrasonics: Distorted Reality
Sample Name: RUSTY SPOK
Time of Sample: 0:01
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Avith wrote:Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Track: Devil's Laughter
Sample Name: Revolver Stab
Time of Sample: 0:07
That actually comes from Cuckooland Asylum. What i the actual sample name from smoke? I can seem to find it
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

Nice finds Avith! :D
peronmls wrote: That actually comes from Cuckooland Asylum. What i the actual sample name from smoke? I can seem to find it
It's called Revolver Stab as Avith said and is in the "Musical FX" folder. Maybe you have an incomplete version? And that sample sounds pretty much spot on. I don't think it's from Asylum. Play Revolver Stab 3 semitones lower.
Nisto wrote: Sample Name: RUSTY SPOK
:P :P :P
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:Nice finds Avith! :D
peronmls wrote: That actually comes from Cuckooland Asylum. What i the actual sample name from smoke? I can seem to find it
It's called Revolver Stab as Avith said and is in the "Musical FX" folder. Maybe you have an incomplete version? And that sample sounds pretty much spot on. I don't think it's from Asylum. Play Revolver Stab 3 semitones lower.
Nisto wrote: Sample Name: RUSTY SPOK
:P :P :P

No its from Asylum and the sample name is called "REVOL~26.WAV".
The actual sample is from Asylum and it's already found.
https://www.mediafire.com/?au4fdezeh8d8mea (last sample)
Also its not coincidence that saw thing is with that track.
Im not making things up when i know about something.

RUSTY SPOK has been found. a lot of people including me never gave the names awhile back of the samples. Only the libraries.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

Haha, alright mate :)

As for Rusty Spoke: I think Nisto is aware that the sample itself was mentioned already, but it was not for this particular track. It was the same with Vaporchime from DR2 which was unknown for Prisonic Fairytale as it sounds whole different there, until Nisto brought it to attention.

I don't know why you always react so allergic when a sample is mentioned more than once. If this thread is supposed to be a complete disassembly of the sounds Akira used then it is also essential to submit the samples he used multiple times in a different way in multiple songs. Or is it not to you?
a lot of people including me never gave the names awhile back of the samples. Only the libraries.
Well, it's strange you didn't reveal it to me right away when I had it in my list and asked about it.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:Haha, alright mate :)

As for Rusty Spoke: I think Nisto is aware that the sample itself was mentioned already, but it was not for this particular track. It was the same with Vaporchime from DR2 which was unknown for Prisonic Fairytale as it sounds whole different there, until Nisto brought it to attention.

I don't know why you always react so allergic when a sample is mentioned more than once. If this thread is supposed to be a complete disassembly of the sounds Akira used then it is also essential to submit the samples he used multiple times in a different way in multiple songs. Or is it not to you?
a lot of people including me never gave the names awhile back of the samples. Only the libraries.
Well, it's strange you didn't reveal it to me right away when I had it in my list and asked about it.
I thought that was the only track that used it and I think maybe one in SM and I have no clue what you are talking about. Can I not say the sample has already been found? VIVIsect says it and I also had it said to me. No big deal.

Also if you checked the beginning of the thread for already found samples you would know. Maybe you guys should do that.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

peronmls wrote: I thought that was the only track that used it and I think maybe one in SM and I have no clue what you are talking about. Can I not say the sample has already been found? VIVIsect says it and I also had it said to me. No big deal.

Also if you checked the beginning of the thread for already found samples you would know. Maybe you guys should do that.
I don't think you understood what I was trying to say, but I'm not going to repeat myself. Just re-read my last post.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:
peronmls wrote: I thought that was the only track that used it and I think maybe one in SM and I have no clue what you are talking about. Can I not say the sample has already been found? VIVIsect says it and I also had it said to me. No big deal.

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say, but I'm not going to repeat myself. Just re-read my last post.
Then don't. I'm not "allergic" to anything. That sample from that track has already been found. Go and find the one from SM if you like. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet. Also i normally don't post MY duplicate samples. I still think you guys should go back and check all post...
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

peronmls wrote:That sample from that track has already been found.
Can you lead me to the said post? Protip: you can't, because it wasn't documented yet. Rusty Spoke was only mentioned for being used in SH4, that's it. I can't find any more posts relating to that sample with the search function on this board.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:
peronmls wrote:That sample from that track has already been found.
Can you lead me to the said post? Protip: you can't, because it wasn't documented yet. Rusty Spoke was only mentioned for being used in SH4, that's it. I can't find any more posts relating to that sample with the search function on this board.
I have recently found samples from Raw Power, O.R.T. and Rain Of Brass Petals the exact same opening pad that Cyborg posted.
Avith
Just Passing Through

Post by Avith »

Everything I discover I search it here first, with the "search for" option that is down here. I always search for the songs, not for the samples because, as peronmls said, at the beginning nobody was mentioning the name of the samples just the libraries. As result, I found that nobody posted anything related with the samples I posted, so I continued.
For example, the Smoke sample that also appears in Asylum, I wouldn't think that it was the same sample, because are different libraries. But it is a discovery anyway, so now we know that that sample are in 2 libraries, and those 2 were released before of the song that used one of its samples.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

peronmls wrote:
I have recently found samples from Raw Power, O.R.T. and Rain Of Brass Petals the exact same opening pad that Cyborg posted.
That post doesn't say shit about any samples at all. Seriously dude, what do you smoke?
Avith wrote:Everything I discover I search it here first, with the "search for" option that is down here.
I do the same but for both sample name and song title. But apparently you can't help with that at all, peronmls seems to hoard some kind of magic list where he has all samples marked and mentioned. Sorry, I don't mean to sound offensive, but this is really ridiculous ;)
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:
peronmls wrote:
That post doesn't say shit about any samples at all. Seriously dude, what do you smoke?
Avith wrote:Everything I discover I search it here first, with the "search for" option that is down here.
I do the same but for both sample name and song title. But apparently you can't help with that at all, peronmls seems to hoard some kind of magic list where he has all samples marked and mentioned. Sorry, I don't mean to sound offensive, but this is really ridiculous ;)
Quit being a baby about nothing. I'm not gonna hold your hand through this. If you have a problem with me then that is your problem. I also do have the samples marked with dashes "-" because i actually went through the whole thread of found samples.
Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Post by Kosmos »

If it is nothing to you, then why do you still post? Before handing out advices to us ("go back and check all posts") you'd be better off doing so yourself, so we'd save a headaching discussion next time.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Kosmos wrote:If it is nothing to you, then why do you still post? Before handing out advices to us ("go back and check all posts") you'd be better off doing so yourself, so we'd save a headaching discussion next time.
I already did. Did you not read my last post. I did and have them all marked. The only headache is you complaining about something so dumb. I honestly don't know what you are complaining about.