How old were you when you played the first silent hill?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Visionist wrote:
Anakin wrote:Around 12 I started playing it alot. I've seen it earlier but, it was more profound as I started liking horror more often. Me and my cousin use to play it from dusk till dawn each day till we beat that at least a couple of times. Those were the good days.
LOL If you played it at age 12 that would mean you played it in 1976!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
42 isn't exactly my age. Lol.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

You're a dirty little liar. You do realize that lying to a staff member about your age pretty much gets you banned, yes?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
BarbwireEmbrace
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by BarbwireEmbrace »

I believe I was 19, maybe in my early twenties.
Erick
Just Passing Through

Post by Erick »

I was 8. My cousin rented the first one. :lol: I remember making my cousin play the first part for me cause its was too scary. :P
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

i never played it,but i was 16 years old when my cousin bought it.i was a chicken when i was younger and i never touched it.he moved out but left all his games with me.one day i decided id try it but the SH game was gone,so a year later i went to mr.video and rented SH3 to test out my old fear,and i loved it!to this day i cant find that SH1 game,nor can i find anywhere but the internet to buy it. :cry: wierd thing is that i kept skipping the SH disk to get to another game for 2 years and when i wanted to play it,the game was gone.lol,irony
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
FLAmePURifiesAll
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FLAmePURifiesAll »

The first time I ever SAW the game I was a little kid and my dad was playing it. I'm now fourteen and I beat all the Silent Hill games.
heathergirl
Just Passing Through

Post by heathergirl »

12- I had rented it as soon as it hit the shelves at the video rental store. I could always tell when there was a new game u.u' ....yes I had no friends. I thought the game was ridiculous and not worth playing until later when I realized that the dialogue and action were not the critical points in this game. After the town had turned into the otherworld on the bridge I decided to turn it off since I had been running around for 15 mins like a pissed stained henry with his head cut off when after those ape things ran after me. The music, darkness, and random seals everywhere didn't help either. I couldn't stop to fight due to low health I just kept freaking out and trying to find where I had to go next.

...... I'd have to say that's the best experience I've ever had.
axel-cd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by axel-cd »

i was 24! :oops: it was about a year ago, i played the first one and i a had to buy 2,3 and 4! i became a fan just in minutes!
Silent Hill fan from Venezuela!
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I played them all out of order. I picked up SH3 3 years ago because I'd heard about the first one and tried it out and loved it but the story kind of confused me, then I bought 2 a few months after that and then finally found the first one and then played 4. It's by far one of my favorite series. I still play the first one except now it gives me a headache. :)
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

let's see, i think i was 13 or 14 when i first played it, i went to rent some other game, and it was out, then i saw Silent Hill, so not knowing for sure what it was about, i rented it anyway, and holy cow, did i ever make the right move. i first played it and my older brother was sitting there watching me in amazment as well, i was hooked from the very beggining, the theme song was so freaky to me, and watching the opening video just made it better, and of course once the game started i couldn't believe what i was seeing, and i was damn pleased about it. i shortly after went and bought it, and have now beaten it at least 10 times, i think it has great replay value!
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

I was 18

It was last year, around maybe this time. I'd heard about the film and brought the game off eBay for about £9.

I had a few scared moments and a few jumps, but nothing that kept me awake at night with fear. Also looked at a FAQ for it almost every ten minutes, I was THAT bad at first/

Like someone else here said, it was the game that got me into survival horror. Without Silent Hill I might not now be working my way through Resident Evil 4 and really enjoying it. And I might not have brought Fatal Frame (Project Zero over here) 1 and 2, both of which I love, especially two.

As for whether it's affected me in any way.......meh.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
drake
Just Passing Through

Post by drake »

26. I'm actually playing it right now. Never played before. Im not shitting my pants, but sometimes it makes me "run" (deliberately).
SteveSilent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SteveSilent »

I was 13 when I first played Silent Hill. It terrified me when I was younger, but now I find it to be comforting.
Last edited by SteveSilent on 16 Jun 2007, edited 1 time in total.
mrchris
Just Passing Through

Post by mrchris »

I'm not sure, I think 18 or 19.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

Thirteen and it was SH3. I was instantly obsessed with the religious aspects. I thought it was so amazing, and I still do. I think its really bold for a video game to follow a cult story. I was so scared, but I couldn't stop playing. The blood and rust entranced me.
But this wasn't my first survival/horror. The year before I had played Clock Tower 3. I liked that, but the story sucked big time. I mean, come on! Her beloved grandpa was the villian and The bejuled-Harliquin-Scissor twins? wtf?
I think another reason I liked SH3 was Heather. She reminded me of me. Kinda.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
Koudelka
Just Passing Through

Post by Koudelka »

I got it for my 15th birthday actually. I remember sitting on my new sheepskin rug playing this game that sounded interesting.

Didn't know what I was getting myself into..
"[i]Hello Knife...[/i]"
Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

11, in 1999. Borrowed it from a friend, and loved every moment of it. Didn't play another game in the series until I was 16, with the release of SH4, and then I played straight through the next 3 games. :P
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
Automatic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Automatic13 »

I was in grade 4, never slept much after that. The school gave me nightmares over and over again
TetraJuiz69
Just Passing Through

Post by TetraJuiz69 »

I was 16 going 17.

Whoever said the first time is the greatest is right. That statement definitely holds water, for many things. :)
http://www.freewebs.com/dinocrisisfan/
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Automatic13 wrote:I was in grade 4, never slept much after that. The school gave me nightmares over and over again
So how would that make you 21 now?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.