Cybil and the monsters

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

21121henry
Just Passing Through

Cybil and the monsters

Post by 21121henry »

I just came up with a question.Why can Cybil see the monsters?I know it's a stupid but,James and Eddie can see monsters because they've killed someone.Heather can see the monsters because of her past and Angela can see them cause she killed her dad and ran away.But why can Cybil see them?Did she kill someone or something?I wouldn't be suprised if Laura could see them cause she a big mouth,foot stomper,won't shut the heck up, and Mary loving Brat.I just decied to write something like this.Reply if you want.-.-
[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/MCRhenry/resorthome.gif[/img]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Well, that's a great reason to make a post... Laura can't see the monsters. Do you remember her utter confusion when James said "I can't believe you haven't got a scratch on you"?

Cybil can probably see them because she was dragged into the world with Harry, inadvertently, as was viewed as a threat by Alessa. That's my take on it, anyway.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Cybil could see them because she wasn't generating the Otherside the way everyone in Silent Hill 2 was.

It's also why Douglas, Eileen et al., could see them.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Though Cybil may have off't some folks in the course of fulfilling her role as an officer, the monsters she runs into in Silent Hill aren't necessarily tied to any guilt or judgment associated with the fact. She became another participant in Alessa's projections.

"It's being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Lost
Just Passing Through

Post by Lost »

I think Cybil can see them either because she's associated with Harry and Alessa want him dead since she believes he's working for Daliha or
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
because Cybil is dead, as explained in the Silent hill Play Novel
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

she most likely just got pulled into alessas fucked up world.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I haven't read the script the lately, but I don't remember there being any mention of Cybil actually encountering monsters. All she witnessed was "Cheryl" crossing the lake. Nothing she says seems indicative of her seeing anything other than that.

Unless of course I've totally forgotten a line suggesting she has, in which case I'd like someone to please refresh my memory.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

There is no proof that she even sees them, gosh..
she was attcked by a human probably dahlia or kauffman..the only peoplewho had the liquids
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

St. Thomas wrote:Unless of course I've totally forgotten a line suggesting she has, in which case I'd like someone to please refresh my memory.
Well, we know that Cybil accused Dahlia of being on drugs for her explanation to Harry about the town being "devoured by darkness," and she attributes Harry's Otherworld crossovers to sleep deprivation, so it would initially seem that her experience in Silent Hill is without the aberrations within Harry's. She'd known that something wasn't quite right all along, but nothing beyond physical impossibility or in need of urgent explanation to curb insanity -- just a matter of isolation and physical defense. But something happens between the time she appears at the Green Lion and when she runs into Harry on the Lakeview pier that gives her the need to discover 'what's going on' in the town. There's no Kaufmann-par concrete depiction or mention of combat with monsters, as far as I can tell or remember, and it may just be the fact that she'd seen Cheryl disappear into the mist without a trace, but she's definitely got a new set of ears for Harry's insight into the situation with the intruding Otherworld.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

But, even then, in the boat, she still says to Harry he "needs to rest," after his monologue on the "nightmarish delusions come to life." Before and after that she still gives no indication of seeing anything other than "Cheryl"--she just asks "What is with this town?" and that's only because Harry disappeared in "the other church."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She was attacked by the one monster that infected her, if that helps. If you save her, she's entirely convinced.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

St. Thomas wrote:But, even then, in the boat, she still says to Harry he "needs to rest," after his monologue on the "nightmarish delusions come to life."
That is true, Cybil's recommendation that Harry still needs some rest may suggest that she still thinks his experiences have a hallucinatory basis. Indeed she may be simply patronizing Harry on the boat, but her tone seems more genuine to me, lending credence but with a "calm down and think this through; let's not jump to conclusions" inflection. Cybil mentions destroyed roads and downed electronics to Harry, and you'd think that anyone with a brain would bring up the monsters if they had a run-in. But then again, Harry doesn't say anything about them to her either. Seeing things and reacting violently is dangerous -- maybe they both want to be trusted.

21121henry
Just Passing Through

Post by 21121henry »

When Harry asks have you seen a little girl,black hair,just turned seven last month or something like that :oops:
[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/MCRhenry/resorthome.gif[/img]
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

I've never thought of the scenario that way - that Cybil initially couldn't see monsters or environments the same way Harry could. I wonder though, what exactly changed while she was in the sewer, and what then allowed her to interact with/be attacked by a creature?
Harry did have a much deeper connection with Alessa than Cybil did, obviously; it would make sense that the moment he set foot in Silent Hill, he was able to see straight into the place that mirrored Alessa's nightmares, the Otherworld. Perhaps it took more time for the pieces of Alessa's power that affected the Otherworld to really reach Cybil?
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

you dont know if she saw the mosnter that attcked her, it could of been human.
think about it, the only reason why harry sees the creatures is because his daughter is of significance to the cult and town.
since harry is looking for cheryl or alessa whatever, his world changes due to it.
cybil isnt even from the town, right?
she just came over or something..she isnt looking for anything relting to silent hill.
JENKIJOE10605
Just Passing Through

Post by JENKIJOE10605 »

what if when she saw cheryl, cheryl noticed her and ran away, and alessa noticed as well so thats why she got attacked by the thing that infected her in a atempt to kill harry or to kill her
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

are you implying that alessa had some kind of grudge for cybil?
i still thyink its dahlia that poisoned her because she knew harry would stop at nothing to save her ( alessa in part), so she lied to him about what was going on, then tried to get him killed, it didnt work

SH3 spoiler
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
(except in sh3 when it was claudia who got him killed).
Mark your spoilers!
JENKIJOE10605
Just Passing Through

Post by JENKIJOE10605 »

what i am saying is that cybil was helping harry, and harry was unknowingly helping dahlia so she was put in the same situation as harry because she was helping him find her.
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

I agree that Cybil never saw any monsters since she is constantly brushing off Harry's remblings about the paranomral. She does however know somethng is wrong because of the blocked off roads and car/electrical problems. I beleive she is in he foggy version of Silent Hill, only without the monsters. She never crosses over to the otherworld (except at the end), but I think at that point everyone was sucked into the Alessa's world because she lost control of it
"The Body Is Cold?"
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

I think the monsters in SH1 are all from Alessa's mind which represent her fears and hatereds toward some people and some animals. The monsters in her world are only tools to get revenge from the people of SH by killing them all one by one.

On the other hand, the Monsters in SH2 are all different in the eye of some of the characters. The evidence is that James sees the abstract daddy as a giant bed but Angela sees it as her father himself and also Eddie sees every single thing in SH rediculing and laughing at him. All the monsters are aimed at the victim's weak points. The way James sees those monsters is similiar to sexual images in his mind which comes from sexual frustration.

Pretty fucked up if you ask me.