Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 06 Dec 2019




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Great, I didn't know that, thank you. There are still people who says he's not, though. People can be very, very misleading.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Rule of Rose wrote:
Xigz wrote:
In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.


I'm sure this thread is nearly dead by now, but the fact that SH was made in 1999 and SH4 was made in 2004 surely puts a strain on your theory that Team Silent were trying to hint us that SH4 was comming around and that this room was their inspiration.

Also, the fact that SH4 wasn't originally going to be part of the SH series also proves your point wrong that rm 302 was a hint that SH4 is comming.


SH4 was always going to be a part of the series - that's just a stupid rumor that people keep circulating to further stake their claim that SH4 is teh suck and doesn't belong as part of the series. Which is also stupid.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)

_________________
Image
Gaming For Honor, playing video games to raise money for Wounded Warriors Project.
The Anime Cauldron is taking a nap.
Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal


Top
   
 

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jun 2006
Notes left: 673
Last seen at: Minnesota
I may or may not have pointed this out at some point in this thread, but the reason why this stood out to be was because the room contains an important plot point for the game.

_________________
I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
The room itself contains no important plot points. The version recreated by "nowhere" has a fairly important plot point as it reveals a bit about the relationship between Lisa and Alessa, but other than that, nothing drastic or terribly enlightening.

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
PeachySakura24 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)


That's a negatory.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Krist. wrote:
PeachySakura24 wrote:
I thought I read somewhere official that The Room was going to be a totally separate game that they made into Silent Hill 4. Doesn't matter much to me as I kind of liked Silent Hill 4. I think the concept of a separate game that played like The Room would have been pretty awesome though. :)


That's a negatory.


Thanks Krist, I've been looking for that link everywhere.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
Indeed, thank you muchly, Krist. :) I only really believed the rumor because of the lack of a UFO ending. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
Gaming For Honor, playing video games to raise money for Wounded Warriors Project.
The Anime Cauldron is taking a nap.
Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
The developers included the items necessary to achieve a UFO ending, they just didn't include the triggers to actually see it.

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
^I know. :) I saw the stuff posted here that was pulled from the discs. That made me sad, because I really do like those goofy endings. The only other thing I didn't like was the limited inventory system. You get used to not having to drop things off from the other games, so that was annoying. But other than that, I think SH4 was a nice change of pace, and I thought it was unique. It gave me the willies more than any other Silent Hill game when you were in first person mode in the apartment.

_________________
Image
Gaming For Honor, playing video games to raise money for Wounded Warriors Project.
The Anime Cauldron is taking a nap.
Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
I always believed it when people said SH4 was originally supposed to be another game because you can just FEEL the difference in atmosphere. It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
>It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.

Well, every "randomly" threwed SH reference was intended in this case.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2008
Notes left: 64
Well, they do mention the water prison and wish house and all in SH3, in this article in the hospital written by Joseph Schrieber....they started on this game right after SH2, which explains the Walter reference in near the apartment building.

Yes, it does feel totally different...more of a ghost story than usual. But in a lot of ways it reminded me of SH2 cause of how personal it was....as far as Walter goes, anyways. And, it was REALLY depressing towards the end. Yeah, I first played it expecting to hate it, but it really surprised me.

JRamirez35 wrote:
I always believed it when people said SH4 was originally supposed to be another game because you can just FEEL the difference in atmosphere. It felt like they just took a bunch of SH references and threw them randomly into a totally different game.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron