Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Post by Xigz »

In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

There's a Room 302 in the SH2 apartments and/or hotel as well.. Just a number. Granted that number will always call to mind a certain game, but a number nonetheless.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

:? I guess just seeing the words "Room 302" on the save location looked interesting.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Silent Hill Veteran
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: Room 302 in Silent Hill 1?

Post by Silent Hill Veteran »

Xigz wrote:In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.
Theres one room In Silent Hill 2, that is Harry's apt in 4 (minus the fact the the kitchen is on the wrong side of the room). Its the one room in the apt. that has the safe in it. How do I know its Henry's room? You enter this room via a window into a bedroom laid out like the one in 4, you leave threw a door and enter a hallway, but in frount of you is a bathroom. you go down the hallway an it opens to a large room with a safe and a kitchen.

So now your thinking so what, big deal your insane. Yes. The combination to the safe is located inside the tolit in the bathroom. See the conection? No? Well In 4 there is a time when just before you go inside the hole in the bathroom you can look at the tolit. Now can you see it? No? well then, Henry makes the the comment "Theres something in the tolit, but I am not brrave enough to get it." Can you see it yet?

Now i have a hunch, so try and stay with me. After you have played and beaten 2, play 3 on the same memory card (that is if you played the PS2 verson on the xbox), she will have flashes of what happened in 2. Now this is were it gets strange, beat 3 then play 4 on the smae card once again, now i maybe wrong but when you get to the part with the tolit, you maybe able to pull out the walet from 2. Cool right? I am working on tring it now.

hows that for odd?
[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k305/Silent_Hill_Veteran/silent_hill2_2bcopycopy.jpg[/img]
Thanks be to Milfy for the sig
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Room 203 of the Blue Creek Apartments in Silent Hill does not equal Room 302 of the South Ashfield Heights Apartments in Ashfield.

That's like asking if Homer Simpson & Richard Nixon are related.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
stone_psycho
Just Passing Through

Post by stone_psycho »

Silent Hill Veteran wrote:
Xigz wrote:In the hospital there is a room with a save point and TV. When you save, you can see this is Room 302! As you know this is the same room number of Henry's apt. in Silent Hill 4. Inspiration? I just thought it was kind of a neat little detail that was worth posting.
Theres one room In Silent Hill 2, that is Harry's apt in 4 (minus the fact the the kitchen is on the wrong side of the room). Its the one room in the apt. that has the safe in it. How do I know its Henry's room? You enter this room via a window into a bedroom laid out like the one in 4, you leave threw a door and enter a hallway, but in frount of you is a bathroom. you go down the hallway an it opens to a large room with a safe and a kitchen.

So now your thinking so what, big deal your insane. Yes. The combination to the safe is located inside the tolit in the bathroom. See the conection? No? Well In 4 there is a time when just before you go inside the hole in the bathroom you can look at the tolit. Now can you see it? No? well then, Henry makes the the comment "Theres something in the tolit, but I am not brrave enough to get it." Can you see it yet?

Now i have a hunch, so try and stay with me. After you have played and beaten 2, play 3 on the same memory card (that is if you played the PS2 verson on the xbox), she will have flashes of what happened in 2. Now this is were it gets strange, beat 3 then play 4 on the smae card once again, now i maybe wrong but when you get to the part with the tolit, you maybe able to pull out the walet from 2. Cool right? I am working on tring it now.

hows that for odd?
henry making the comment about the toilet is simply a nod to silent hill 2. heather makes a similar comment in the alternate mall in silent hill 3. besides, they cant be the same room, because henry lives in ashfield, not silent hill.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

hows that for odd?
What you've taken totally out of proportion is an homage.

Heather makes the same comment about a mall toilet. Is this mall toilet the very same one James stuck his hand into?

Nevermind that the apartment you go into in SH2 doesn't look a damn thing like Henry's. :roll:
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Plus: in passing, every apartment is the same. Mine's just like Henry's. It's tough to avoid.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

Lifetolifeless wrote:Plus: in passing, every apartment is the same. Mine's just like Henry's. It's tough to avoid.
So it must've been quite of an experience watching the hautings, aye?
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

I've had a few with the shower so far, yeah. No holes yet, though. If walls begin to play games with me or, space becomes a bit too manipulative for comfort, I've got an escape strategy: I will have read myself into such a position, so I figure I'll just write myself out.

I could always hijack that ambulance. Should I wish to.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

considering there are always buildings in these games and usually up to 3-4 floors. there will always be 302 just like there will be a 102 or 202 for instance. its just the way rooms are usually numbered.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

There is a 302 in an apartment Lithuania, dosent mean that poor Harry is in there either. Or has ever lived there.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
Sil3nt Hi11
Just Passing Through

Post by Sil3nt Hi11 »

Xigz wrote::? I guess just seeing the words "Room 302" on the save location looked interesting.
Yeah I agree with you
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5271/silenthilllogonn1.jpg[/img][/url]
Meta4
Just Passing Through

Post by Meta4 »

hows that for odd?
Pure Genius.
A fan who has found his way again.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^

But... Henry doesn't live in Silent Hill. So it's kind of wrong.

Krist is right as well, it doesn't look a thing like Henry's apartment or his room.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Meta4 wrote:

hows that for odd?
Pure Genius.
Only if you smoke pot. Everything that guy said is just overblown out of proportion, as previously stated.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

Sarcasm, maybe. Hopefully.

There are room 302's because buildings tend to have 2-3+ floors and can't randomly skip a number.
Last edited by Nurse Babz on 26 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

I think this guy is saying, if I'm understanding correctly, that it is cool that there is a room 302 used in more than one Silent Hill game with some sort of significance to the plot, the a save point or Henry's apartment, etc.
Sure. there a million room 302's in the world, however it seems to be a recurring theme in Silent Hill. If memory serves me, doesn't James watch the video in room 302? It's been awhile. I think that is what the original poster was trying to say, not so much that the rooms are the same.
disappeared
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by disappeared »

James and Mary's room was 312.
-----------------------------------------------------
"If destiny interferes with reality, one
man's determination may merely be what
is determined by his fate."
-----------------------------------------------------
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

*smacks forehead* That's right. Oh well, I had 2 out of 3 numbers right at least!