I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Just because of ONE game?
Angelirium
Just Passing Through

Post by Angelirium »

SH1 well I can understand that the graphic is something bodering you, but the sensation of liberty in sh1 is unique, the town is bigger than any sh, darker than the other. Also, it always great to go back to place that remind you of something... you could understand stuff that you saw in sh3 for exemple. SH1 is also load with lot of cult reference and most of sh1 caracters were really interesting. The atmospher of sh1 is unique, something that I didn't find in other sh...

But well, you got your right if you don't want to play !!
I don't know... maybe I did...
Silent-_-haveN
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent-_-haveN »

Heh, I remember saying something bad about the game's graphics, until I actually played :shock:

The game is awesome, there shouldn't be a reason not to play it. Just try it out, use a FAQ if you have to but the game is pretty enjoyable.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Beer.png[/img][/url]

Donate to the poor *tisk tisk*...
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I say play the game. Even though you may already know what goes down in it, you've never experienced it 1st hand. Like others have said, the game isn't very long (took me 5-6 hours) & it sho nuff is a classic game.
F

Post by F »

I sure as hell didn't give up replaying MGS because I have MGSTTS, let alone the other S-less MG's.
Last edited by F on 01 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Sil3nt Hi11
Just Passing Through

Post by Sil3nt Hi11 »

Silent Hill 1 never gets old for me I play it over and over again it's just that good of a game to me even though it's a old classic. I still play it so I recomend you play it too if your a Silent Hill fan trust me you will love the game I know I did.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5271/silenthilllogonn1.jpg[/img][/url]
Nash
Just Passing Through

Post by Nash »

The graphics never really bothered me.

If the outdated graphics worry you so much, play the game through an emulator. The emulator has some graphical enhancements plugins that'll improve the graphics slightly.

Personally, even if I play it on an emulator, I'd use the software plugin to make it look as close to the original PS as possible...

(BTW, new user here; this is my first post. =))
jason_the_one
Just Passing Through

Post by jason_the_one »

just play it. you HAVE to play it. i have a fellow fan friend who also hasnt played it through. i do his head in about it. theres so much mintness about this game.... PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they look like monsters to you?
Anonymous

Last but not least...

Post by Anonymous »

Uncannily, I have not yet seen this posted as a reason, but it is the absolute truth... THE NUMBER 1 REASON YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME IS: It is the scariest of ALL the Silent Hill games... PERIOD.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: Last but not least...

Post by jthomp1286 »

bieliebiel wrote:Uncannily, I have not yet seen this posted as a reason, but it is the absolute truth... THE NUMBER 1 REASON YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME IS: It is the scariest of ALL the Silent Hill games... PERIOD.
Agreed. No other SH game freaked me out as bad as that one, also as much as I love the other games, it's my favorite. Seriously, if you haven't played it, and you're an SH fan, this game commands your attention at least once.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't want to sound ignorant, although in this situation it is impossible not to, but i went out and bought sh3 a couple days ago because my buddies were talking about. I just finished it like ten minutes ago and i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what im missing by not doing like i should have and playing through the first one, what happens in the first game that is so important to the story in
sh3? should i play the 2nd or 4th next?
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Beau~Barbare wrote:Is that bad? I've played all of the other games, but since I already know what happens in SH1, I'm just not all that excited about playing a slightly off graphics game that I know the ending of. Why should I play SH1? What did you like about that game that would cause you to recommend it to me?
It’s like the Star Wars prequel trilogy, you already know what is going to happen, the fun is finding out exactly how. If anything it should enrich the experience of Silent Hill 3 and give you necessary back-story on characters and events.
It’s a great game and if you enjoyed playing the others there’s no reason you shouldn’t enjoy this.
valkyrie wrote:should i play the 2nd or 4th next?
You should play them in this order: 1 > 2 > 4. SH4 comes last because there are very minor things which relate to the previous games, but if you can't get you hands on SH1 it doesn’t matter. I would recommend playing SH2 first anyhow.
"The Body Is Cold?"
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Re: I'm not at all interested in playing this game.

Post by CasuallyDressed »

Beau~Barbare wrote:Is that bad? I've played all of the other games, but since I already know what happens in SH1, I'm just not all that excited about playing a slightly off graphics game that I know the ending of.
I REALLY hope you're not saying that just because you've seen the film :shock:

The film is a long way away from the game, and the ending is in no way similar. Play it and find out for yourself 8)
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

The original Silent Hill is arguably the best game in the entire series.
For THAT reason you should actually bother to play it.
It's a fucking brilliant game.
The graphics aren't nearly as horrible as people like to make them out to be,
in fact at times they can actually add to the atmosphere.
Do yourself a favour and spend the $10 to buy this game.I highly doubt you would be disappointed.
nobody is anybody
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

If you played all the other games, why not play the one that started it all? I went from SH2 back to SH1 knowing that SH3 connected with SH1. I did not want to play SH3 before SH1 so I took the hit in the graphics dept and it was well worth it.
Furin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Furin »

Its vital to know for a bit of background and to understand alot of the story for silent hill 3 as well as cross referances inthe othergames etc.
http://silenthill5.net/

[url=http://silenthill5.net/forums/]Silent Hill V forums[/url]
Andros
Just Passing Through

Post by Andros »

SH1 is very good, but it has aged terribly unfortunately. But not as much as games like Resident Evil 1 (the original on the PS1), and Capcom still ported it to the Nintendo DS.
Pain strikes like lightning.
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

Post by DisturbingtownofSH »

SH1 is definately worth the money. Who cares if the graphics are out dated. Of course they are going to be, it was for the PS1. It was the first out of the series, so you honestly need a better excuse nt to play SH1. This is one of the best games ever. It's one of me personal favorites and if you can actually get through hard mode, you can even get a Katana and slice and dice your enemies. But I'd try Easy or Normal mode first. Believe me. So pick the game up. It will surely not disappoint you.
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

valkyrie wrote:I don't want to sound ignorant, although in this situation it is impossible not to, but i went out and bought sh3 a couple days ago because my buddies were talking about. I just finished it like ten minutes ago and i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what im missing by not doing like i should have and playing through the first one, what happens in the first game that is so important to the story in
sh3? should i play the 2nd or 4th next?
There are alot of really important things in the first game that connect to the 3rd one. Play it for yourself. Don't let it get ruined for you cause that will waste the experience of playing through the game.
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

scarab wrote:I suggest playing it. I found my copy for like $8 at the local Game Stop. Okay, so it's just the disc, but there are FAQ's if I need to know how to play the game. I remember someone I used to know got through the school and had to give up the game because he was TOO SCARED. Right now I'm at the Moth boss and I am quite scared to play it in the dark. It wasn't that way with any of the other games...I guess it's because this one is very good, despite the dated graphics and the horrible turning speed of Harry.

In short, try it. If you don't like it, then well whatever. At least you can say you played it and got back to your roots. Appropriately quoting Sepultura: "ROOTS! BLOODY ROOTS!!!"
Playing it in the dark is the best experience you will have in this game. It's that much better to play it in the dark than during the day cause you'll think the game is much scarier tat way. Believe me. You should give it a try. It's damn worth it. :D