Sorry if there is already a topic on this,but...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Sorry if there is already a topic on this,but...

Post by Giovanni19 »

Why do people pay $30 or more for a used SH1 greatest hit's version when you can get it on konamistyle.com for $20 brand new.:|
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

Maybe they don't know the site, so not knowing you can get it cheaper and new haults them in buying it.

That's probably why.
Major Konings
Just Passing Through

Post by Major Konings »

dude are you serious! i have been looking all over for a copy but refuse to pay the price of a new/ used xbox/ps2 game.
What it does:
[spoiler]
"It puts the lotion on its skin, else it gets the hose again!" silence of the lambs
[/spoiler]

Just in case you don't know, You can get a brand new copy of GH: silent hill from

http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

Dream_Demon wrote:Maybe they don't know the site, so not knowing you can get it cheaper and new haults them in buying it.

That's probably why.
Yea,but still,people should look around more before just going on e-bay.
Major Konings wrote:dude are you serious! i have been looking all over for a copy but refuse to pay the price of a new/ used xbox/ps2 game.
Check it out for yourself.;)
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Major Konings wrote:dude are you serious! i have been looking all over for a copy but refuse to pay the price of a new/ used xbox/ps2 game.
Lucky for you its for neither of those systems.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can't you just be happy with the original? =/
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

It's their money...why do you care?

I personally don't like to buy things off the internet. I got mine used from eb games for under 10 dollars. It works fine, a few little scratches...nothing more.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:It's their money...why do you care?

I personally don't like to buy things off the internet. I got mine used from eb games for under 10 dollars. It works fine, a few little scratches...nothing more.
Gee, sorry. I just don't see the point of getting special editions when you can just be happy enough with the original game.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Some people think they are getting a better deal if they get the special editions..

I wouldn't do that....but hey, like I said it's their money...

:P
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

~T.R.I.C~ wrote:
Pink_isnt_well000 wrote:It's their money...why do you care?

Gee, sorry. I just don't see the point of getting special editions when you can just be happy enough with the original game.
Because when special editions come out, the original editions are normally harder to find or go out of print. My brother completely lucked out two years ago when he found a copy of SH1 for me, and it was a greatest hits version. The game was still the same, the only thing that was different was the packaging--and it still cost ten bucks.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Major Konings
Just Passing Through

Post by Major Konings »

Major Konings wrote:
dude are you serious! i have been looking all over for a copy but refuse to pay the price of a new/ used xbox/ps2 game.

Lucky for you its for neither of those systems.
I know but i could buy used/ new games for xbox and ps2 for the price some people wanted for a used copy of sh
What it does:
[spoiler]
"It puts the lotion on its skin, else it gets the hose again!" silence of the lambs
[/spoiler]

Just in case you don't know, You can get a brand new copy of GH: silent hill from

http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

[quote="Pink_isnt_well000"]It's their money...why do you care?

Because their getting ripped off...
Last edited by Giovanni19 on 10 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
batmanhill6157
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by batmanhill6157 »

I acctually don't like that either, but in some cases you won't find it anywhere else. Case in point, I wanted a game called RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive and it wasn't in any stores near me whatsoever. I wasted alot of gas looking for it, so eventually I just bought it online.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1130/lbpbatsigxl6.png[/img][/url]
PSN ID: batmanhill6157
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I remember a while back on ebay, I saw Silent Hill 2 non-greatest hits and a strategy guide going for $90.

Okay, now I understand that the Silent Hill 2 strategy guide isn't exactly something you can walk into your local game store and pick up.

I also know that the Non-Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2 is a lot less common than the greatest hits version.

But its $90! And thats not even shipping and handling!

I got my copy of SH2 used for $10... Still the best $10 I ever spent.
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

Fredrick2003 wrote:I remember a while back on ebay, I saw Silent Hill 2 non-greatest hits and a strategy guide going for $90.

Okay, now I understand that the Silent Hill 2 strategy guide isn't exactly something you can walk into your local game store and pick up.

I also know that the Non-Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2 is a lot less common than the greatest hits version.

But its $90! And thats not even shipping and handling!

I got my copy of SH2 used for $10... Still the best $10 I ever spent.
Whoa,even e-bay can be a rip-off,people know they can get more online than in a store with certain items(because some buyers are foolish with money).I paid $7.99 for a used GH copy of SH2.Best 8 bucks I ever spent.
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

Fredrick2003 wrote:I also know that the Non-Greatest Hits version of Silent Hill 2 is a lot less common than the greatest hits version.
Is that so?
I've found many original copies of SH2, but only one of GH.
Huh.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cause it's rare.
Giovanni19
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Giovanni19 »

~T.R.I.C~ wrote:Cause it's rare.
Yup,the GH version is actually more rare than the original.You'd think it'd be the other way around.I'm not 100% positive on this but I think the ''black'' cased version of SH1 is more rare than the clear cased and GH version.
Last edited by Giovanni19 on 12 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

I got an original SH1 used at EB games for twenty bucks and I've had no problems with it.
Hopscotch is Civilization!