Any Differences for "NEW FEAR"?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

PeachySakura24
Historical Society Historian

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Don't feel bad, Smokey. It seems to be something a good chunk of us missed out on.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I can't beleive I am just learning about the self view now.

I gotta get a port for my PSP!
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Just remember, try the First person mode everywhere and you will find a lot of Nice things... The "No God" graffitti in the Green Lion altar, the sign of "Caution, if you cross this door the world won't be normal again" or something like this in the clock tower before start the alternate school and the "HELP ME. KILL MOM" messages at that room where you see little Alessa crying under a table in Nowhere... I wonder why the other Silent Hills skipped this bonuses, this helps you to appreciate more the details of the games and 2, 3, 4 and 0 have a lot of stuff that you would like see by yourself...
Suzie-too
Just Passing Through

Post by Suzie-too »

This all sounds really awesome, but... what extra options menu??
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

After you've beaten the game, any time you're looking through the options menu, you can press L1+R1 (if I remember correctly) to bring up a second page of extra options, the most significant of which is the bullet adjust. It goes up as high as the number of times you've beaten the game plus one. So if you've beaten the game twice, you can set the bullet adjust to x3, meaning each box of ammo you find will give you three times as many bullets as normal.
laidtorest666
Just Passing Through

Post by laidtorest666 »

lol you can also change the color of blood
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Wow I totally never knew about the self veiw mode in sh1, I'm definitely going to play sh1 again and try this I've already beaten the game many times. So it should be interesting to try this out.. even though it's an older game with slightly lack luster graphics.. Does it improve the look of the graphics any when you select this mode?
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

Post by The Procrastinator »

No, it does not improve the graphics, but the self view mode can be very useful sometimes, and you can see a lot things that you normally cannot.
I only wish they had implemented this feature in the other games as well.
We entered Winter once again
Naked, freezing from my breath
Neath the lid all limbs tucked away
This coffin is your abode from now
and onwards
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Example, what kinds of things do you see actually? I mean I've been playing the game with self view all afternoon now today, and I have not really seen anything different with it. But I will admit, it does make the camera and controls a bit easier to handle. :D
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

Post by The Procrastinator »

There's nothing different about the environments.

What I meant when I said that you can see things that you normally cannot was that you can get a better view on certain things.

It's basically first-person view and you can see some things that the camera angle would normally obscure.
We entered Winter once again
Naked, freezing from my breath
Neath the lid all limbs tucked away
This coffin is your abode from now
and onwards
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Oh ok, gotcha interesting. I just played sh1 through again today. I got the bad ending, my first time getting the bad ending actually. :D
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

I should really get this game then.
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I always found beating the game on hard through new fear mode was easier than just starting a new game on hard, you get the bullet adjust and the first person veiw helps you get the heads up on monsters not yet on the screen (the camera pans to keep them in focus)
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe