How did it make you feel?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

NurseZK
Just Passing Through

How did it make you feel?

Post by NurseZK »

How did you feel or what do you feel like after your first playthrough of Silent Hill? Was it a feeling of "Omg I need to cuddle someone." or was it "FUCK YEAH BABY!"? I felt an overwhelming sense of being unnerved and afraid to go on a merry-go-round. But I was about eleven, so it's normal to have a fear of horses that go up and down and spin and crazy blonde cops that want to shoot you in the eye. -cough-

Also, I'm not sure if this has been brought up before. I checked around the SH1 section before posting this. Still kinda new at this, sorry!
If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I don't really remember.
Wasn't too epic on me, since I played it years after it came out and after Silent Hill 4. I did enjoy the game though. I wish there were more flying creatures in SH. :D
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

scariest damned game I have ever played.
I was on a long business trip, and my brother had given it to me a couple of months before, and I finally had a chance to try it since I was bored in a hotel room at night.
It is now, for me, the standard by which the horror level of all horror games are measured, and NONE have approached it yet. The closest, in my opinion, is SH3.

I had a haunted feeling every day and could not wait to get back to the hotel and start playing it again.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

I was literally shaking from sleep deprivation. I'd forgone a skiing trip with a few friends just so I could stay home and play it, looking for details to help me comprehend the story.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

"I bet we get a sequel about that baby."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: How did it make you feel?

Post by LSSJGamer »

NurseZK wrote:"FUCK YEAH BABY!"
^ This only with lots of dry humping on my TV, those nurses were hawt. The game was scary, disturbing, and insane. Which all equal a good game to me. SH1 gave me nerves of steal and made it so no other games affect me much. Now if only those nurses did things to Harry while they held on to him, then I coud cue up the nude music and sit back and watch. (Provided I could kill a nurse a split second before the other grabbed Harry, otherwise they wouldn't grab him.) I wonder why the nurses in the games that came after SH1 never grabbed on to the main character... odd especiall for James.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

AuraTwilight wrote:"I bet we get a sequel about that baby."
Haha, I thought the same thing. Though I kind of hoped they wouldn't, I knew we would hear more about that. I liked the first game too much to want a sequel; I'm a big pessimist, so I was really pleased when SH2 came along.

To be honest: Silent Hill 3 disappointed me a little bit.
NurseZK
Just Passing Through

Post by NurseZK »

And Heather shall forever be known as SequelBabeh. lawl
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I felt sad, and a little angry because I got the Bad ending. It was a cool twist and everything, but at the same time, it basically says that everything me and Harry went through in the game was pointless.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I felt good, since I had completed the game and I had really enjoyed it. I also felt a little bit of relief, since it was my first horror game. When I first played it, 1-4 were the games that were out, so I also was excited to start SH2 and see what it had in store for me.
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

FRUSTRATED.

My copy craps out right before the final boss fight.
I've never actually beaten the game, but I play it up to that point a lot.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I was amazed to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!
NurseZK
Just Passing Through

Post by NurseZK »

LittleRed wrote:FRUSTRATED.

My copy craps out right before the final boss fight.
I've never actually beaten the game, but I play it up to that point a lot.
Oh no! I'd be so devastated. D:
pistukas
Just Passing Through

Post by pistukas »

While watching the end cutscene I felt like "What the..." because I reached bad ending. A few days later I was a bit scared of dark corners. And later I though "now that was an awsome game - gotta play again"
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

I was thinking "what the hell?" since I had gotten the Bad ending. This was before I was aware that the game had multiple endings.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

NurseZK wrote:Also, I'm not sure if this has been brought up before.
it has, but so has nearly every other topic posted here.

anyway. i don't remember. i was very pleased with the experience, though - it was my third silent hill game, after 3 and 2. had a hell of a time finding and winning a copy for a decent price on ebay, but it was totally worth those ten dollars.
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

I got it about four months ago on the Playstation store and I thought "Wow, this is actually really good". The ending was crap because i got the bad ending, but I'll give a go for the Good++, then the UFO ending (the only logical explanation)...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The Good+ ending was somewhat nice, I got the bad one when I first played.

To be honest I didn't really felt anything regarding the story because I already knew some bits thanks to the other games, so yeah. . . The game was fun nonethless. Best level = Nowhere.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: How did it make you feel?

Post by Travis »

NurseZK wrote:How did you feel or what do you feel like after your first playthrough of Silent Hill? Was it a feeling of "Omg I need to cuddle someone." or was it "FUCK YEAH BABY!"?
Both, actually. I always get excited when I get scared but Silent Hill was something else. It took the whole deal to another level. It managed to make me feel sick. My first time in Midwich, in Alchemilla and Lisa's death are some of my gaming experiences I will never EVER forget.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
NurseZK
Just Passing Through

Post by NurseZK »

I remember my first time ever in Alchemilla. I was so scared and I had zero shotgun ammo left. D: I ran and screamed all over the place to look for some. But it was, by all means, the best experience in a horror game that I could ever have.