What was the first ending you got?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: What was the first ending you got?

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:I feel like this is the one game in the series where it is actually easier to get the Bad ending than it is to get the good one. haha. I kind of wish i did it on my own now so that I could see if I did get a good ending or not. I am very meticulous in my playing, so I don't know if it would be THAT hard.

And I swear, saving Cybil was the most stressful seconds of my life. I kept trying to use the liquid too early on... and it would be like, CANT USE THAT IDIOT! I thought I missed the opportunity. And finally the game was like... Okay! We'll keep her around! Top ten "phyew" moments of my life. haha
Yeah, I remember doing that... except I raged so hard (after dying for the tenth time) that I took my controller and destroyed it. Made a very satisfying *crunch* sound
Diabolic Dreams
Just Passing Through

Post by Diabolic Dreams »

First ending I got was the bad ending.. I was 12 at the time and had no idea what the hell I was doing throughout most of the game. I didnt even put the red liquid in the bottle. I recall after beating it saying to myself "what the hell kinda ending was that?" I didnt know about multiple endings and the side quest at the time.
The best of nothing left...
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

BrookhavenFiend wrote:I got the bad ending. I also think I saved at least 500 times. *comes out of a room* OH SHIT!!!! *kills monster*....*runs back to save point*
You just described me perfectly. :wink:
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Bill_Idjerint
Just Passing Through

Post by Bill_Idjerint »

First ending I got was the 'good' one. I don't know, but for whatever reason I missed the bar and the store and the motel, don't remember their names (oh yeah, Neely's, Indian Runner and Norman's), just in panic and running from those apes and stuff, so I didn't save Kaufmann. Took me a while to find out what to do with the Aglaophotis.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

^Annie's Bar, Neely's is in SH2.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Do you mean you got the Bad ending? Good requires you to go through the Kaufmann Scavenger Hunt minigame and successfully piss him off when he thinks you're about to gank his shit.
Bill_Idjerint
Just Passing Through

Post by Bill_Idjerint »

Yeah I guess it's the bad one then...Harry's in the car, blood running down his forehead?
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

I got the Bad ending my first time through, then replayed immediately to get Good+. I did run into this, though...
NeoAquarius12 wrote:I kept trying to use the liquid too early on... and it would be like, CANT USE THAT IDIOT! I thought I missed the opportunity.
Exceedingly frustrating when I didn't know where to use it, but worth it in the end. This is a great example of a "good" ending that's sufficiently hard to get. It should be an accomplishment to have figured it out.
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Good +. I actually thought it was the default ending for playing the first time (no idea why I thought that). I used a speed guide though.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I just realized I apparently never posted in this thread.
I THINK the first ending I got was Good, but I honestly don't remember.

And yes, I also tried using the mysterious red liquid on absolutely everything....to no avail. :D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
croco
Just Passing Through

Post by croco »

bad+ ending but no reading faqs or anything dissapointed however :(
PromiseMe
Just Passing Through

Post by PromiseMe »

I got the bad ending. It sucked, I was so upset. I was like "Alright, I beat the game!" And then the cutscene happened....and harry was dead, or dying, in his Jeep and I was lke "Oh WHAT THE FUCK! Harry no!!!! You can't die! You're to awesome to die NOOOOOOOO!!!!" and then I got mad and turned it off. Just started playing it again today. Hopefully I'll get a good ending this time.
You shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!!!!
Stigma
Just Passing Through

Post by Stigma »

First ending I got was the Bad one. It was great :D I just went "Yeah, Jacob's Ladder!!" IMO, it's one of the best endings ever. No I'm not sarcastic. I actually prefer bad endings in general when it comes to horror. I'm kinda weird when it comes to things like that :lol:
After that a friend told me I had to use the red liquid on Cybil and save Kaufmann to get a better ending, so I went for that.
Didn't use a guide until I went for the UFO ending.
Arthemesic

Re:

Post by Arthemesic »

Yana wrote:^Guides are for the weak! :P
Yeah! Figuring out that entering Annie's Bar to save Kaufmann, collecting his stuff, finding everything in his motel room, finding a plastic bottle (that isn't even hinted of being useful), filling the bottle with some Aglaophotis off the floor, and using it on Cybil during a boss fight..

It's almost impossible to miss!
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
hagbard
Just Passing Through

Post by hagbard »

The bad ending, the one where I didn't save either Kaufman or Cybil.

Like a lot of the posters on this thread I had no idea that I was supposed to do anything with the red liquid (though I may have picked up the bottle). And so when Cybil started shooting at the funfair, I shot back! :D

Upon surfacing from the sewers, I somehow contrived to miss the map altogether so I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing, so I missed the Indian Runner and Motel entrances in my headlong run to dodge all the monsters.. In retrospect, finding my way to the boat without a map was pretty good!

I never seem to do that well on the first run through a game - too scared of what may jump out I guess.. But I've got all the endings on subsequent run throughs :)
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Good+

Because first time I finished the game I was like a child so I wouldn't even know how to play if I didn't follow a walkthrough magazine.

lol
Hades
Just Passing Through

Post by Hades »

Good+

Followed a walk-through. At the time, I was too scared to play any Silent Hill game without a walk-through. Now I'm desensitized, and I can go through any game without any hesitation.
Talolili
Just Passing Through

Post by Talolili »

I got the Good+ ending, but I resorted to a guide I found on Ebay. I was so tired of being stuck in the game, I just couldn't take it anymore. Now it's time for SH 2. I'm playing the games way out of order (I started with SH 4 in 2007)
"What the hell?" Henry Townsend
The Master
Just Passing Through

Post by The Master »

I just finished this game for the first time, I kinda rushed through it in under 4 hours and ended up with the Bad+ ending. It was kind of disappointing, but I'm going now to look up the other endings on YouTube. Looking forward mostly to the Alien ending :D