What was the first ending you got?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

ghoul_drool
Just Passing Through

Post by ghoul_drool »

Bad of course..I remember being so upset at that ending because that game scared the shit out of me and gave me nightmares and I did all that work for the worst ending. It took me awhile until I started playing it again, heh.
Sophia: Jealousy is a very ugly thing Dorothy..and so are you in anything backless
Atticus
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Atticus »

alone in the town wrote:I'm not damning you for doing so.

The people who do annoy the hell out of me are those who claim to get a + ending completely on their own, with no help whatsoever, because every last one is a liar.
Doesnt everone :P
Its kind hard get the Good endings with out any help I would think same
[img]http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/2808/sh07fm.jpg[/img]
tokyohorror
Just Passing Through

Post by tokyohorror »

Bad was the first ending I got.
Scottie_Neptune
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Scottie_Neptune »

i got good, but on my second run through good+
Always remeber....thought shalt not kill.....but hear this.......Fuck! That! Shit!
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Atticus wrote:

The people who do annoy the hell out of me are those who claim to get a + ending completely on their own, with no help whatsoever, because every last one is a liar.
Doesnt everone :P
Its kind hard get the Good endings with out any help I would think same
Finding Kaufmann's side quest isn't obvious, but neither is it terrifically difficult to do. Three minutes of searching the Resort area will put you at Annie's Bar, and the rest is just following clues.

Conversely, knowing that the aglaophotis can save Cybil is next to impossible without being helped or told by someone, because the game offers no clues and makes no attempt to explain what the stuff is, until after Cybil is dead. It was purposefully designed that way.
FairSpirit
Just Passing Through

Post by FairSpirit »

I got the bad ending. I'll probably play it through again soon though. I didn't know on the 1st play through that
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I could use the red liquid on Cybil and save her. :roll:
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/FairSpirit122701/1z1fajp.png[/img]
Scottie_Neptune
Cafe5to2 Waitress

FairSpirit wrote:I got the bad ending. I'll probably play it through again soon though. I didn't know on the 1st play through that
I could use the red liquid on Cybil and save her. :roll:
first time through i didnt know about the liquid part
Greentroll11
Just Passing Through

Post by Greentroll11 »

i Got the Good Ending. I didnt know anything about the Red Liquid but when i was switching my items and im like what does this do. So i tried it and i died like 2 times from here.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/silverlily4/sigs/greentroll.jpg[/img]
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

alone in the town wrote:I got Good as my first ending, because I didn't use a guide.

You can tell who did, because they got + endings on their first attempts.
You peepee face! :D Mreow.

I received the bad plus ending first; I didn't even bother saving Kaufman (Kauffman?)'s ass, but I did get the aglapho-whatever the fuck it is.

I was pissed off.
Cybil: Harry, go!

Me: Fuck you, Cybil. *dies*
Least that's what I assumed what happened.
atb100
Just Passing Through

Post by atb100 »

My first ending was Bad. That scene reminded me Jacob's Ladder ending.
Scottie_Neptune
Cafe5to2 Waitress

oh i loved jacobs ladder! sorry, off topic but i couldnt help it...hey yeah that did remind me of the jacobs ladder ending
Always remeber....thought shalt not kill.....but hear this.......Fuck! That! Shit!
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I'm not say I got it with out ANYTHING telling me. I just didn't use a guide.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Understood. Now, shhh.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I got the Worst ending first and felt sad for Harry because I didn't know their were multiple endings, that was like 4 or 5 years ago though...so...
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
Ghettoblaster
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghettoblaster »

I got the "Good" ending on my first playthrough. Like Alone in the Town says, the Kaufman sidequest isn't the tricky part; saving Cybil is.

Yeah, neither I can understand people using guides/walkthroughs. I mean, it's cheating. Massive cheating. It ruins the whole experience, smashes all the satisfaction of going through the game on your own. While you're at it, why not use cheatcodes as well? :(
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Ghettoblaster wrote:I got the "Good" ending on my first playthrough. Like Alone in the Town says, the Kaufman sidequest isn't the tricky part; saving Cybil is.

Yeah, neither I can understand people using guides/walkthroughs. I mean, it's cheating. Massive cheating. It ruins the whole experience, smashes all the satisfaction of going through the game on your own. While you're at it, why not use cheatcodes as well? :(
Walkthroughs arn't cheating, unless it tells you the answer point blank. Cheating it like "press XXOOL1L2R1R2 and you will never die".
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Atticus
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Atticus »

Xigz wrote:
Ghettoblaster wrote:I got the "Good" ending on my first playthrough. Like Alone in the Town says, the Kaufman sidequest isn't the tricky part; saving Cybil is.

Walkthroughs arn't cheating, unless it tells you the answer point blank. Cheating it like "press XXOOL1L2R1R2 and you will never die".
Some consider Guides cheating
Just like some think Xbox is worst system ever
Or that SH2 Is best SH
Its just how one thinks

Games like SH can easyly be ruined by Guides ruining experience
[img]http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/2808/sh07fm.jpg[/img]
Ghettoblaster
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghettoblaster »

Xigz wrote:Walkthroughs arn't cheating, unless it tells you the answer point blank. Cheating it like "press XXOOL1L2R1R2 and you will never die".
Don't they generally do that...?

Well, using cheatcodes is perhaps worse than using a walkthrough, but I still consider it cheating.

Although, walkthroughs/guides can be extremely valuable sources of information regarding plot elements and such. For example, there is one guidebook for the first game that reveals that Alessa was supposed to be raised as a cult Priestess, and similar things.
atb100
Just Passing Through

Post by atb100 »

Atticus wrote:
Xigz wrote:

Some consider Guides cheating
Just like some think Xbox is worst system ever
Or that SH2 Is best SH
Its just how one thinks

Games like SH can easyly be ruined by Guides ruining experience
Also being stuck forever and if you just can't think of solution, kills experience.
alisonclmbs
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by alisonclmbs »

My first ending was the bad+ ending
"A man chooses. A slave obeys" Andrew Ryan-Bioshock

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/maddartist/heathersig.jpg[/img]

Thx to Maddartist for my avatar & banner