Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 16 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
Alright, so I believe I found the supposed "giant" air screamers.
Here's the one I came across at the drawbridge.
Regular air screamer.
"Giant" air screamer.

I began attacking the "Giant" and it did indeed call for back up as I was then swarmed by another 4, smaller air screamers. I managed to kill them all so that I could size Harry up with them. What I found is what I've said before; the "giant" air screamer doesn't really appear to be much larger than the other ones, there is a slight wingspan difference, but whatever... I'll admit though, it is a cool little detail.

Last edited by SteveSilent on 30 Jul 2006, edited 4 times in total.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 2703
Last seen at: UK
Yeah, they do look the same... :?

Post subject:

St. Thomas wrote:
I'm pretty sure all of this is answered in the topic-at-hand... but: they're only seen in the [otherside].

Pay attention to this quote above. They're not the ones depicted on the screenshots also above, and they're called Night Flutters, which are, as S.T. said, only seen in the otherside.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
Son_of_Kauffman wrote:
In Hard mode I noticed that in the bridge area between Old and Central Silent Hill there are some air screamers that double the normal size of the others.Anyone noticed it too?

St. Thomas wrote:
Yep. There are also larger-than-normal versions of them in the [otherside].

F wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:
I'm pretty sure all of this is answered in the topic-at-hand... but: they're only seen in the [otherside].

Pay attention to this quote above. They're not the ones depicted on the screenshots also above, and they're called Night Flutters, which are, as S.T. said, only seen in the otherside.

I am lost.

Nevermind.

Last edited by SteveSilent on 02 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 91
Last seen at: The North
Lost, but not gone.

Night Flutter: Air Screamer with black body, stronger wings, and worm covered head only seen in Otherside.
Giant Air Screamer: Air Screamer with slightly larger body that calls for help from other Air Screamers.

Post subject:

Um, nope. no giant Air Screamer; the "giant" here, as Tom and I am referring to are the Night Flutters and the Night Flutters only--or else Tom wouldn't have mentioned their exclusivity on the otherside.

And take it from me, I've played this thing over sixty times.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Mar 2006
Notes left: 65
Last seen at: hartlepool, town of sin.
WHAT!? holy crap i've never noticed this before at ALL! IM GNA CHECK IT OUT!!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2007
Notes left: 39
Last seen at: Doylestown, Pennsylvania
OK, I'm not really sure what a Night-Flutter is, and I am sort of a dictionary for SH monsters. :mrgreen: I have seen the Giant Air Screamers, and they are effing hard :P . And in response to Jimmy Stone(nice name!) it makes sense that they look like pterodactyls, since Alessa made them after reading "Lost World."

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jan 2007
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: At a Computer...
Since hard mode Midwich is kicking my ass, I'm sure the Giant Ass Suckers wil be just fine :roll: ....

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5
Son_of_Kauffman wrote:
They also call other air screamers to attack you.

i've never noticed this,but i know rompers do the same thing too...they call night flutters to attack you.and they are the most powerful monsters in the game

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jul 2007
Notes left: 59
Last seen at: Miami
Pteradactile..... :shock: i think that's the name of the dinosaur version of the air screamers. :D ........am I the only one that turns off the flashlight :shock: and runs like hell until I reach the saftey of the light house?? :lol:

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."

Post subject:

Tears of... wrote:
Pteradactile..... :shock: i think that's the name of the dinosaur version of the air screamers. :D ........am I the only one that turns off the flashlight :shock: and runs like hell until I reach the saftey of the light house?? :lol:
Yeah, i hate when the air screamers by the bridge in the central district part of SH.....you know right before you enter the hosiptal....all of those monkey men pounce you and the air screamers attack from the air.......they're soo scary :shock:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2006
Notes left: 143
Last seen at: Devon
i dont think ive seen any of this. are you sure its true? cos i stop and fight every enemy i see and ive never seen one of those, flutters or screamers.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Feb 2007
Notes left: 62
Last seen at: In my comfy bed....
Okay...Here's the grand list of creatures that are in Silent Hill:

Grey Children
Air Screamers
Giant Air Screamers
Dog Monsters
Monkey Men
Baby Ghosts
Child Ghosts
Nurses
Doctors
Teddy Bears
Parasites
Cockroaches
Bloodsuckers
Maggots
Lizard Boss
Larvae Boss
Moth Boss
Cybil Bennett
Alessa Gillespie
Samael

The "upgraded" versions of the monsters aren't listed because nearly every monster has one, so it's pointless.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 2647
Last seen at: Bristol
...And nearly all of the names are wrong. Prepare to be cursed out for listing "Samael" as one of them.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
What´s up with the teddy bears thing? Are you refering to the mini school monster that was suppressed in the final game?

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2006
Notes left: 107
I didn't know about those. I want to see them tough. Some screens please? :(

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Apr 2006
Notes left: 135
I have never seen the giant skinless pteredons, or giant pelican loopking things either. The teddy bear is the thing that attacks kaufman, they are basically the babioes with butcher knifes polygon models re-skinned to be wickeder. There was only them and no babies in the school in european versions, but in most us versions they make the kaufman cameo and toward the end of the sewers the second time. They are brownish red with three huge claws that attack the same, they more or less have no head, just a neck with a weird moth on it.

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Ah, the bigclaws. I thought you talked about the original Zombie kids that got scrapped in the final version.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
i think someone just got their pixel sense of proportion screwed up, because i've never seen a giant-sized "air screamer"/nightflutter either. speaking of nightflutters, those things are the most annoying fucking monsters of the entire silent hill series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next