It amazes me

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Hoot
Just Passing Through

It amazes me

Post by Hoot »

the extent of information posted here on such an "old" game. Makes me wish I never sold it "way back when". Found my daughter's old ps1 the other day and now I'm on a quest to find sh1(definitely). Loved playing it and for some knucklehead reason, sold it with my ps1 when I bought the first of my 3 ps2's.

Anyway, to all posting this great info, a big thumbs up to those of us who either played and moved on or are just coming into SH for the first time :D
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

enjoy your SH trip amigo !
Hoot
Just Passing Through

Post by Hoot »

looks like my trip got sidelined :p Stopped at 5 stores today and could find no trace of ANY SH game. :cry:
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

check in this shop - eBay , there is always availble
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Yeah but on ebay it is also ungodly expensive, its like $30 on average.

Yes I konw $30 isn't that much for a game in general but we are talking about a game made in 1999 and thats not even including the shipping charge.

I got mine for around $15 at Gamestop, check places like that.
Hoot
Just Passing Through

Post by Hoot »

yeah checked ebay already. averaging high $30's. guess i'm gonna have to break down and cough it up
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Dont you have any stores like... Ebgames or Gamestop or any of those used game places in your town...?

The game is well worth $30 though honestly >_>.
Hoot
Just Passing Through

Post by Hoot »

oh yeah. i'll pay 30 for it on ebay but was kinda hoping to get it locally(I hate to wait)

yeah I've got a ton of eb's, gamestops, funcoland, etc around me. they're not too far away but I was going to stores that were closer to my house. i'll check those out tomorrow morning as most of them are in malls so, for me, it's close to closing time for them.
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

Post by DisturbingtownofSH »

Hoot wrote:oh yeah. i'll pay 30 for it on ebay but was kinda hoping to get it locally(I hate to wait)

yeah I've got a ton of eb's, gamestops, funcoland, etc around me. they're not too far away but I was going to stores that were closer to my house. i'll check those out tomorrow morning as most of them are in malls so, for me, it's close to closing time for them.
I got my copy of SH in 2000 for Christmas and my parents had a hard time finding it anywhere so the had to go online to buy it and I got the Greatest Hits version. I still have the game as well as the other 3. So my advice to you is, once you buy it, NEVER sell it. You may never get another lucky chance to find it.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I couldn't find my original after a few days of looking, so I finally went to a local Rhino's this weekend. They had 2 copies, 1 was pretty much brand new, just a few smudges on the disc, which were easily removed. I got it for about $15. So I'm on my way through the game again :). Hope you find a copy man.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Moosefrenzy

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I bought mine around the time of Silent Hill 3's release. About $14.99 I think I paid, but the cover wasn't in mint condition. Game played great though. Lists it for $17.99 at gamestop.com right now as backordered. Check out your local gamestops, ebgames, and their other chain store franchises. It's a game that people don't want to trade in these days. To me, for a fan the game is worth $30 anyway.
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

Er, dude, if you're not in the mood to run around and hunt for cheap shite or whatever, just go here.

Product Number 17037
Price $19.99

I can't direct link it so you have to put the product number in the search bar.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StrangeEmily/Silent%20Hill/mariasig.gif[/img]
Moosefrenzy

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Then you're guaranteed the greatest hits version. I'd hunt for the original in stores first, but I'd buy straight from Konomi rather than buying on Ebay since the option is available.
Hoot
Just Passing Through

Post by Hoot »

Moosefrenzy wrote:Then you're guaranteed the greatest hits version.
There a difference between the greatest hits version and original?
Moosefrenzy

Post by Moosefrenzy »

The gameplay is the same, it just has that green siding on the cover. To people who like to buy original or collectible versions of products, they may wish to buy the normal non-greatest hits version. Just a matter of preference if you have one at all.
Hoot
Just Passing Through

Post by Hoot »

Well I'm definitely down to buying it online now. Went to EB and Gamestop and both had no SH games at all. Had them call the other local eb's and gamestop's and there were none there also. ah well time to order and sit and wait :evil:
rusted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by rusted »

Hoot wrote:Well I'm definitely down to buying it online now. Went to EB and Gamestop and both had no SH games at all. Had them call the other local eb's and gamestop's and there were none there also. ah well time to order and sit and wait :evil:
EB and gamestop sucks, i never found any of fatal frame games, and when i try to search SH1 pppf! i already knew the answer before asking the guy there.
[img]http://static.flickr.com/87/217061285_729e113c4a_o.jpg[/img]

English is not my first language so stop bothering me, i will try my best.
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

Moosefrenzy wrote:The gameplay is the same, it just has that green siding on the cover. To people who like to buy original or collectible versions of products, they may wish to buy the normal non-greatest hits version. Just a matter of preference if you have one at all.
Well the only difference to both cases is hat the siding to the orignal is black and GH is green. Just as long as the gameplay and sory has not changed(which it hasn't of course) then you're going to have the original game regardless of which you buy.
rusted wrote:
Hoot wrote:Well I'm definitely down to buying it online now. Went to EB and Gamestop and both had no SH games at all. Had them call the other local eb's and gamestop's and there were none there also. ah well time to order and sit and wait :evil:
EB and gamestop sucks, i never found any of fatal frame games, and when i try to search SH1 pppf! i already knew the answer before asking the guy there.
I agree. Good luck on finding the first Fatal Frame. It's a very rare game. I bought mine at Game Crazy and they only had one copy for $19.99. So I bought it and still have it. I have 1 and 2. I just need the third one.

Do not double post, use the EDIT button!
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

Don't double post X_X

Oh, and This Topic tells you all the differences between the Silent Hill 1 Versions.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StrangeEmily/Silent%20Hill/mariasig.gif[/img]
DisturbingtownofSH
Just Passing Through

Figurine wrote:Don't double post X_X

Oh, and This Topic tells you all the differences between the Silent Hill 1 Versions.
I don't know how to double quote in one post