the demon children

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.Death
Just Passing Through

the demon children

Post by Mr.Death »

Before I got a little more skilled,I had trouble with the classrooms,full of demon children.I would just stand there,and let them approach,shooting.This didn't do me very well.Later on,I got smarter about it.I'd let them get close,and run to the other side of the classroom,shoot until they got close again,and repeat.This worked for me,usually hard mode.What are your tactics?...
The death cannot die....
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Shoot until it dies. I don't really get too tricky or skilled with it.. I hate running past things especially if they can run faster than me, or I have to keep going back to the same room again and again, so I've never bothered not fighting anything. As far as tactics go, I save those for boss fights.. Which is pretty much just me strafing or running as far from it as I can get.

.. So yeah. Shoot, kill, move on.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

I've never run into more than two or three at a time, so I don't really have a strategy.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Smash wuith the opipe if you are facing one, if 2 or more are together just shoot and run, shoot and run stomping them when you get the chance (If you are in the alternate school in hard more just RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!)
silenthell88
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by silenthell88 »

I just let them get close to me then shoot them 3 times until they fall down and then I stomp on them to save ammo.
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

When I walk in, I quickly make sure I change the view of the camera so it's facing ahead, then I start shooting. If one gets to close, I quickly run past it and finish it off.
Like Krist. said, I hate running past them, especially if I need to return to the same room, I'd rather kill them and return with ease.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
Disciple of Claudia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Disciple of Claudia »

I hate running past them too. So I shoot and stomp them in classrooms. In hallways I run to the end of the hallway, turn around and shoot them as they approach.
Hopscotch is Civilization!
Sinweaver
Just Passing Through

Post by Sinweaver »

You mean you used tactics?

Uhh I just shot them until they fell over, then I stepped on them until I saw the zombie child sauce leak out.
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

Even though I get scared really easily in SH1 (it's the scariest to me), sometimes I turn my flashlight off, and the brightness up...It just seems easier to kill them off when they can't detect you as easily. It also gives you a better chance at assessing the situation, which is helpful because the classrooms are pretty close quarters... (if you can see, that is) It makes it much more frightening too, but you only have to turn your flashlight off for a few moments. This has worked for me so far.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

My strategy (unless i'm cornered) is to run like hell.
Apart from saving ammo, you stand less chance of getting hurt.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Shoot first.Shoot second.Shoot some more.Then when their all dead ask questions. :mrgreen:
Oh,then RUN! :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I usually hit the with the pipe, run when they get close, and kick them whilst they are on the ground. Im not to reliant on the guns.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

My strategy is to kill them in whatever manner is easiest at the time, basically. There aren't many times where I've found I can use the same approach more than twice.

I always kill them, though. I'm like that with all enemies. I can't stand evading them, so I kill them all, unless I know they'll just regenerate.
The_Stickman
Just Passing Through

Post by The_Stickman »

Why waste the ammo?
[size=42][i]"...more specifically, the creatures manifested of ones
mind could become physical via mental stress and
the deterioration of ones perspective of reality...
...Poltergeists are among these.
Negative emotions, like fear, worry, or stress manifest
Into external energy with physical effects.
Nightmares have, in some cases, been shown to trigger
Them. However one such phenomena doesn't appear
To happen to just anyone. Although it's
Not clear why, adolescents, especially girls,
Are prone to such occurrences. [/i][/size]
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: the demon children

Post by Heather_Mason »

Mr.Death wrote:Before I got a little more skilled,I had trouble with the classrooms,full of demon children.I would just stand there,and let them approach,shooting.This didn't do me very well.Later on,I got smarter about it.I'd let them get close,and run to the other side of the classroom,shoot until they got close again,and repeat.This worked for me,usually hard mode.What are your tactics?...
I save my ammo for boss fights, and health, as often as I'm able to..I just beat it to death with the pipe...If I need to though, I will pull my pistol out and shoot it...Otherwise, I hit it a couple times, and back off for a minute, and go back to beating it, then when it falls, I step on the little bugger...So yeah, that's my tactic..
Anonymous

Antaganist Worship

Post by Anonymous »

Whilst we are an on the subject of these baddys, I have to admit I have a morbid obsession with them. I'm not entirely sure why, there is just something about the way they always seem to get the drop on me, not to mention the mumbling thing they do coupled with the sadistic yet childish (go figure) laugh. It’s really the first thing that comes to mind when I think Silent Hill. By the way I always hear them referred to as" Zombie Children", I cant say I ever thought of them like that, I guess the Resident Evilishness of it took the allure of them away. Thoughts

D
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

Out of interest, are you in the UK?
The PAL version doesn't have the Demon Children in the school, they have been replaced with Mumblers.
Mr.Death
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr.Death »

Am I in the UK?No,Mississippi.No demon children,what's the PAL version?
The death cannot die....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im in the UK and i have no idea what 'demon children' are. All i get are those demon teddy bear things which walk about the school :( Are demon children like those see thro babys in the amusement park? coz there are large versions of them in 'Nowhere', about 5 in fact, who stab, are those demon children?
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Post by CasuallyDressed »

The "teddy bear things" (or "badgers", as my girlfriend calls them) are the European and Japanese replacements of the Demon Children. Because we're sissies, apparantly and can't handle the concept of homicidal skinless babies.

The shadows in Nowhere are about as close as we come to the originals.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]