Christian Review

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Heh. Reminds me way back when of shopping at the local game store and seeing this kid wearing a cross tentatively come up to the counter... with a copy of Diablo in his hands. Asks the counter guy: "Ah, so this has like demons and devils and stuff in it?" Oh yeah, says the guy, but you kill them. "Oh," says the kid, looking relieved. "I guess that's ok, then." Heh.
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

I'm a Christian, my best friend(who hasn't played SH) is a Christian and we laughed so much over that review.

Especially the bit about it being a tool to teach children about the occult.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

i am a practicing Christian myself, ive been raised in the church and know the teachings of my faith, even at 12-13 i was able to see the real story behind sh. no, it wasnt promoting devil worshipping or the occult, it was a tale of a man who went through the fires of hell for someone he loved and for the greater good, he defeated the dark and the light prevailed. i wasnt scarred and it didnt make me go insane by playing it, it was downright scary, and i still play them to this day, but i was and am strong enough in my faith to see it for what it really is.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Love Replica
Just Passing Through

Post by Love Replica »

heh I'm also a Christian and hang in a huge Christian forum. There are some Silent Hill fans there.

IMO something is up with that reviewer...

And dont get me started how some Christians thought Pokemon was evil...
[i]"I want the meaning of my life, Do I try to Live? Do I try to Love?"[/i] - Art Of Life
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im christian too but any religion fanatics need to shut up.
7-string_ibanez
Just Passing Through

Post by 7-string_ibanez »

I'm a christian And I play it because its an awesome game. But there is a big difference from the christians like Ned Flanders (the goody goody ones) and ones like me, you don't have to be soft to be a christian, real christian are hard ass's like the ones in the 1800's. But I also like to read about serial killers, I love horror movies, and I listin to heavy metal. And i'm sure some would say i'm not a real christian because I like these things well I say go screw yourself.
"You know ... My God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do." - General Patton

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1156593/jeck.gif
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As a Christian, I can't fault someone for have personal beliefs. If someone doesn't want to play SH for whatever personal reason they have, that's fine with me. But when they extend that out and preach it to others, then I have a problem. With entertainment, so much of it is subjective. There are things that you might be fine with that I am not. But I don't try and dictate your behavior because of my personal feelings and opinion.

So the review can think whatever they like, but I'd appreciate it if they would respect my decision to make my own choices in this life. I've already decided that I love Silent Hill and it hasn't made me an evil satanist.... yet... ;)
Dunkel_Teufel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dunkel_Teufel »

LOL THATS THE FUNNIEST SH*T I EVER READ!:)... well not really Silent Matrix is funnier:)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ordocornixumbra/sigdunkel.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Silent Executioner wrote:
Xuchil wrote:
FrozenHalo wrote:It should be illegal for Christians to buy video games, let alone use the internet.
I don't think that is very fair, because i started on SH as a Christian. Not too mention other things I watched/played. The people who posted in those reviews and the person that did the review do not speak for all Christians or Christianity as a whole.
I agree. I am a Christian...Lutheran to be exact. I love the SH games as if they were my offspring. I love them for thier artistic flair, symbolism, visuals, story and scare factor. I love these games down to the last gore ridden floor.

I respect others beliefs and opinions (as long as they arent full of biggotist remarks), Frozen.....that was a wee bit over the edge my friend.

oh Davey...
Detox
Just Passing Through

Post by Detox »

I guess that means Silent Hill wins, huh ? But yea, i've read reviews for different things on the Christianized sites before. I like seeing what people from the other side of the spectre think sometimes.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

FrozenHalo wrote:It should be illegal for Christians to buy video games, let alone use the internet.
Jesus, guy, that's interesting as hell. Why do you say that? Or are you just being facetious/dumb?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

And that's three.
Last edited by The Adversary on 10 Dec 2007, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SuriKatta
Just Passing Through

Post by SuriKatta »

Sorry for bringing this post back from the absolute grave it was buried 100 feet under... but I just had to quote a part of the SH4 review:
One woman makes suggestive comments to Henry and attempts to touch him inapropriatly.
That... made me giggle.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Alinnia/lisasig.jpg[/img]
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

The reviews weren't bad at all. The game does give a look through the mind of cultists, witches and Emos but I never thought it would be a "learning tool". :lol:

Of course, Alessa giving birth to her clone is by far one of the most obvious and parrallel referance to Christianity, Virgin marry and the birth of jesus. Only differance was that Jesus was a boy and Heather/Alessa/god/<<who cares?>> was a girl.
Bettie Bloodshed wrote:". I do not recommend this game for the physically or spiritually weak"

Well hell. I guess I'm going to hell. Who is going with me?!!!
I'll go pack my bags then. Should I bring some KitKats?
Numb Body01
Historical Society Historian

Post by Numb Body01 »

Ah man I would love a KitKat, send us one over please.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

That review is old, but everytime it is brought up it makes me giggle :)
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Sure, I'll bring some Kitkats, if we see each other in hell.

Don't you guys think that in case Jesus comes back, would he come out and shoot all the crosses? Would he like to play SH or RE? I think he is a big gun fan.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I think he's a RE man, I'm looking forward to those KitKats. We should probably stop talking about English chocolate bars and talk about the reviews...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

SuriKatta, don't feel bad for breathing life into this thread. You have only been here a few days, and everything I have read of yours has been well thought out and enjoyable. :)
I used to be a Catholic/Christian/whatever, and I would watch horror movie and play scary games as a child. It didn't make me feel bad. I grew up on Elm St., so it was pretty much a given that it was my duty to get hooked on horror series. :)
This review made me laugh. It was the kind of Christiam that wrote that review that turned me away from the church in the first place, so there you have it. I was 14 when my grandmother died, and a nun was a substitute and she said everyone who dies burns in purgatory for centuries to absolve them of sin until they are either pure enough for heaven, or deemed worthy of hell instead. And that was the end of my 14 years with the church!
Using Silent Hill as a learning tool? Yeah. Like I am going to call my 7 year old in my room and say "Ok, son, play this game and learned about the devil and crazy cults. Mommy will be quizzing you later." Puh-leez! :roll:
If I learned anything from Silent Hill, it wasn't about cults and devils, it was that there are some people who love their children so unconditionally that they are willing to put their own lives at stake for the sake of their children, no matter if there is a bond of blood between them or not, and then there are people who view their children as a means to an end, and will do anything to make their own lives easier, even if it mean sacrificing their children.
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

"Mommy, where should I use the flarous?"
"Daddy, how many commandments are the in the 'holy mother' cult?"
"Mommy, how this Alessa get pregnant?"
"Daddy, was I supposed to press circle to run?"

I can't really imagine a kid playing this game. They would defiantly go to a coma or something.