Christian Review

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Utsushimi

Post by Utsushimi »

What I don't understand is, why do Christians think the game is bad, when you are FIGHTING evil? You're not some guy going around HELPING a cult to resurrect some kind of demon; you're PREVENTING it. But that's not even the main plot, the main plot revolves around Harry, who travels through the town, sacrificing life and limb for his daughter. I thought this was a good thing...?
Its because the game has demonic signs, magic spells, occult stuff... even if Good or Bad, they consider it "satanic".......... but me... even though im a Christian.... i just consider them a game no matter what they say... My school doesnt even like Harry Potter.... they are like the Dursley's... they won't let people say Abracadabra, Hokus Pokus or the M-Word..... OA!
Clyde
Just Passing Through

Post by Clyde »

I liked how the review of the first game actually had a tone of admiration to it, despite giving it a poor rating and advising no one to "play it for fun" at the end of the article.

The review of the second game was nothing short of total ignorance.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Christians also condemned Final Fantasy X because at the end you're supposedly killing God (which is completely untrue and is obvious to those that pay attention to the game). Shyeahhh...I wouldn't pay any attention to Christian reviews.

You're serious?

>.<
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Yes, I'm serious. I burst out laughing at how stupid it was. I also read an article written by anti-Jew Christians condemning Monsters, Inc. - the article had a story about this one woman who caught her son painting one of his testicles green and playing with it while supposedly watching the movie. Naturally, that was Billy Crystal's fault.

Ah, those silly Christians and their refusal to practice what they preach.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

^ that proves my theory: people are dumbasses.

Seriously though, i think (most) christians are stupid. A friend of mine was told by her pastor that she couldn't wear black nail polish because it came from the devil.

and here I thought that God had created the colors -_-

You know what christianity needs?
People like Dahlia Gillespie :)
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Oh, so you wanna give them actual magic, now?
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Oh, so you wanna give them actual magic, now?
What could go wrong?

:P
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They think magic is a sin, so they might end up killing each other.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

What could go wrong?
8)
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

AuraTwilight wrote:They think magic is a sin, so they might end up killing each other.
Well, in that case, give 'em magic!
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Amen to that ;)
Julian lyal
Just Passing Through

Post by Julian lyal »

im a christian my father is a pentecostal pastor but i love the game and i find nothing anti christian about it its about a guy or girl trying to over come there own personal hell and the realisim and over realming fear of the spirtial realm but like all things its good to have a blance in life thats all im not a bible bashing person i learn to respect peoples belives and veiws
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Good for you...?
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i have never seen those christian reviews,but i give no shit about them. i am a christian and i am playing SH for fun and there is nothing anti-christian about it. after all, the Hill religion isnt exactly christianity, if it is at all.
i also enjoy many things that others (especialy older christian fanatic dudes) would imagin as'anti-christian' or 'satanic', like horror movies, death metal etc....

(and something geeky: black is not a color, is the lack of colors, and white is all the colors together. and i dont think black is satanic) :wink: