Alessa: good or evil [spoilers for SH1 and SH3]

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Alessa: good or evil [spoilers for SH1 and SH3]

Post by Tillerman »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:Seeing as we know the otherworld is influenced by thought, I think it's safe to assume that if Alessa thinks the crest will do something, then it will do whatever the hell she thinks it will do. Hence why it didn't work in SH3. Heather didn't believe in it (she actually called it "junk" if I remember correctly).
That's a very good point.

I guess I may as well quote what it says in the guidebook under the Seal of Metatron. It says:

"What Alessa was actually creating was the Seal of Metatron. Its name is derived from the name of an angel of release in the Kabbalistic system. Bound by the cult's spell and living in an endless nightmare in agony, Alessa's wish was for a complete death. Since she was unable to die in a normal fashion while under the influence of the power of the malevolent deity, Alessa intended to "annihilate" herself by the power of the Seal of Metatron with the nightmare world at hand. At the moment Cheryl and Alessa united, she gained the power to escape from the cult's spell; at the same time, the technique that brought about the descent of the cult's god succeeded and the malevolent deity resumed its maturation process. This time, Alessa was engaged in a struggle, a race between the malevolent god's maturation and the seal's completion. If the seal were to be completed, Harry, Cybil, Dahlia and the others would all be annihilated along with Alessa. However, as it is questionable whether the Seal of Metatron actually has this sort of power, there is also the possibility that Alessa, using knowledge she acquired when she was very young, freed herself from the effects of the malevolent god's power through autosuggestion and was attempting to realize her own death."

So the guidebook suggest that Seal doesn't have that sort of power. But as for whether it would have actually worked, it leaves that question open... maybe it would work simply because Alessa believes in it. The guidebook also suggests that god is manifested simply because the cult believes in it, so it's not a stretch to say that the seal could have worked too.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Alessa isn't good, Alessa isn't evil. Alessa just wants things done. She wants very much to stop a hungry God from eating her from the inside out day and night for seven years, while also giving herself a good life. She wants to die. Period. What's so wrong with that? D: Alessa needed had to call out her other half, Harry had to search for his kid, Alessa gets to die, Harry gets a new kid. Alessa gets the life she wanted. It's all good.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Kaede
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaede »

Try to think about her situation. In the situation she was in, you can't judge her actions. It doesn't even matter what the intent was.
pinkandblack84
Just Passing Through

Post by pinkandblack84 »

Alessa isn't evil imo, i think when you play silent hill for the first time ever, as you go through the game at first you might accidently mistake her motives as evil, as the story progresses you realize why she is doing what she does, and the motives aren't evil at all. As the player you realize she has no choice in what she is doing and her actions are intended as good rather than evil.
SHF

Post by SHF »

She wants the suffering to stop. Also, she seems vindictive against those who have mistreated her.
So she isn't evil, or good, as Aerith said.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Aerith Gainsborough

^I don't believe she seems vindictive against those who 'mistreated' her. She never lashed out against Dahlia or the Cultists. She just wanted them to stop what they were doing and to stop her suffering. That's it.
BillyWindow
Just Passing Through

Post by BillyWindow »

Alessa sure was a smart kid. Let's try to picture her as an adult.
"We're all okay until the day we're not"

Star Trek Online Character Name: Lieutenant Caroline Metrios
Commanding Officer, USS Oklahoma City NCC-97825
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

BillyWindow wrote:Alessa sure was a smart kid. Let's try to picture her as an adult.
I thought she was pretty hot though in the intro video.

But she really is actually a good person. As an adult, She'd be a good person as well I guess. Smarter too.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Kaede
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaede »

I thought she was pretty hot though in the intro video.
You....mean the grown one....right..........................?
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3161/obviously.png

Obviously I'm talking about the grown one.

I'm not talking about Cheryl.
Last edited by Zeraylph on 28 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Aerith Gainsborough

^I would think so, she had some nice boobage going on underneath...what were they, bandages?
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^I would think so, she had some nice boobage going on underneath...what were they, bandages?
o.o I feel like a pervert now. I didn't see those boobies. I found a more detailed pic on a wiki site.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _3EtG7.jpg
^ Yeah those are burn marks.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Aerith Gainsborough

Well, she is 14 years old there, so either way...you are a pervert! :P Well, the thing I never could understand is she's burnt there, but then she's not. I never understood that. I know that Cheryl takes the form of Alessa in Silent Hill and that the real Alessa is the girl in the wheel chair at the end, but why burnt in one scene and then not in the other? Mm. Maybe the burns show some kind of symbolism.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Well, she is 14 years old there, so either way...you are a pervert! :P Well, the thing I never could understand is she's burnt there, but then she's not. I never understood that. I know that Cheryl takes the form of Alessa in Silent Hill and that the real Alessa is the girl in the wheel chair at the end, but why burnt in one scene and then not in the other? Mm. Maybe the burns show some kind of symbolism.
:( Sad face.... Darn Konami!!!

I think I remember reading most of the images are all astro projections. The real Alessa is the one in the ceremonial garb and is all pancaked.

Wait a second. now that I think of it. It was made in 1999.
12 years later.. 14 + 12 = 26 years old.
If she was alive she's be holy damn, much older than I'am. :shock:
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Aerith Gainsborough

^Technically, Alessa was born in the 70's, I do believe. Around '74, I think, making her around 36-37 years of age. I'm probably wrong, though, but it's some time close to that.

Also, Alessa was 31 in Silent Hill 3, which I think takes place in the 1990's, maybe 80's, again, I'm probably wrong. Someone else can help clear this up for you.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:^Technically, Alessa was born in the 70's, I do believe. Around '74, I think, making her around 36-37 years of age. I'm probably wrong, though, but it's some time close to that.

Also, Alessa was 31 in Silent Hill 3, which I think takes place in the 1990's, maybe 80's, again, I'm probably wrong. Someone else can help clear this up for you.
o.o Whoa. yes she must be in her 30's. She's like double my age then holy damn!!

Oh well, to finish this line. She was a good person, who never killed a single student who picked on her during her time at Midwich. She hasn't killed anyone with truely vindictive intentions either....
unlike *Cough* Alma *Cough* Wade

She doesn't make people combust or explode/liquify with her mind. She sucks it up the teasing and moves on. She's truely brave IMO.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Aerith Gainsborough

I think Origins made her appear a little sinister, not horribly, but a little. Silent Hill 1 she was like a puppy. "Mommy!", "I just want to be with you, Mommy!" I don't think SH:O Alessa would do that.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I think Origins made her appear a little sinister, not horribly, but a little. Silent Hill 1 she was like a puppy. "Mommy!", "I just want to be with you, Mommy!" I don't think SH:O Alessa would do that.
Well, in Alessa's defense she was just recently burned by her mother in 0rigins, while the line you quoted was a flash back to before her burning ("happier" times, if you will). I think it's understandable that Alessa would be a little...off so soon after her burning, considering the pain and trauma of it all.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough

There ya go. That answers the age and stuff.
@Soulless: I think someone would be more angry over time, honestly. The fact that she went seven years of suffering by the time of Silent Hill 1, instead of then it would have been maybe a few hours or a day, would make me believe that if she were going to be cruel it would be during SH1.