Confusing aspect

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Confusing aspect

Post by Time Paradox »

Can anyone answer why the fog world and alternate world would be like the real world. i dont understand how both these worlds would be based on the real one as Alessa was burned at 7. how could she make both of them like the real world when she was stuck in the hospital basement. there are parts of the map where she never would have been etc sewers, top storeys of hospital, lakeside resort (storage and kaufmanns apartment). both of these worlds are based on her perceptions and what she saw. im doubting she ever went into her teachers house. so how could both "imaginative worlds" be so decent looking when her memory would have forgotten what she saw. Alessa did create both imaginative worlds. this really confuses me
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Confusing aspect

Post by alone in the town »

Maybe we're only seeing them as she imagines them to appear. We never see the objectively real places for the sake of comparison.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>both of these worlds are based on her perceptions and what she saw.<
Since when?

Alessa didn't create the world. She didn't even create the Otherworld. The [otherside]—and thus what we see—is distorted due to her, but the worlds existed beforehand, and were then shaped by her fears and anxieties. She never had to visit Ms. Gordon's house for it to have existed. There is no Copenhagen interpretation here.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

Never mind i worked out that its a alternate dimension. well how the hell can alesaa walk through it safely without getting owned
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^She was Cheryl as Alessa's astral projection for most of the game.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That and she has incredible psychic powers that include the ability to kill people just by thinking. Even if she weren't a ghost running around, she could probably kill any monster that attacked her just by looking at them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

I've been thinking scince she carries the evil god, and her psyhic abiltites the monsters wouldnt attack her. another question... when people r in the other dimensions. what excalty r they..ghosts or what.
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Time Paradox wrote:I've been thinking scince she carries the evil god, and her psyhic abiltites the monsters wouldnt attack her. another question... when people r in the other dimensions. what excalty r they..ghosts or what.
Well, it's something that never comes clear but, remember Vincent's words in SH3: "They look like monsters to you?".
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

i never played any other silent hills and i really think they r pointless. at the end all the other reality worlds die with alessa.(thats why it blows up). they should stop making them, there should be a official plot and let the silent hill series die. Unlike the simpsons, pokemon that keep running even though they r running out of ideas and r pointless and boring. many more shows and games r becoming like that etc family guy is starting 2 lose ideas now
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Time Paradox wrote:i never played any other silent hills and i really think they r pointless. at the end all the other reality worlds die with alessa.(thats why it blows up). they should stop making them, there should be a official plot and let the silent hill series die. Unlike the simpsons, pokemon that keep running even though they r running out of ideas and r pointless and boring. many more shows and games r becoming like that etc family guy is starting 2 lose ideas now
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

lol it is pointless. the flauros can bend alternative universes so when they wake up in nowhere. both dimensions r present. at the end nowhere blows up so the two dimensions blow up in the process.......should be end of series, no more abortions of the series. end....no more
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Ok, I will be good. I suggest you to...

1.- Play the other SH games.
or
2.- Read everything in this forum.

This way, you will know about SH background and you will understand that the Flauros only affected Alessa and the Otherworld and the power within it existed long before the events in SH1, maybe in some other form, but it's the same.
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

i'll stop writing nasty comments. What u people should do is write up a offical plot votted by everyone. i only have read plot anyalsis' only on the original. i do have a ps2 but i cant see any point in buying them. I've got more lasting games like GTA san andreas, Battlefield vietnam, Rome total war. No offense but all silent hill games r 2 similar. anyway u guys should write up a official votted plot
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

How about you stop being a lazy ass and play the games. If you don't see any point in playing them why should anyone else see any point in explaining them to you?
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Well, how can we vote an official plot when one of the best things about the series is the interpretation each persona can give to the plot...Oh, well, if you don't like SH games but the first one, I can't see the point of posting in a forum about ALL the series...

But, ok, I'm in a good mood today. Just let see if this helps you...

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=64
stopped_clock wrote:How about you stop being a lazy ass and play the games. If you don't see any point in playing them why should anyone else see any point in explaining them to you?
Apart from this.
Time Paradox
Just Passing Through

Post by Time Paradox »

stopped_clock wrote:How about you stop being a lazy ass and play the games. If you don't see any point in playing them why should anyone else see any point in explaining them to you?
How would u like 2 pay 4 them first and then send them over. i only want the first game explained
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Read the SH1 quicklinks section then. Also, if you're not actually a troll and your comments are genuine then I advise playing the rest of the series, each game is actually surprisingly different. If you don't want to put the effort in then that's up to you, but don't expect other people to explain the game to you because you can't be bothered to read stuff for yourself. Everything you need to know is on this site pretty much, just take a look around.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

I believe the words you are looking for would be: "YOU" and "ARE". PS: Your avatar is too big for a non cult member.

I promise I'm not in a bad mood. Text speak just makes my blood boil as I've said so many times before. ;)
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

The Adversary wrote:>both of these worlds are based on her perceptions and what she saw.<
Since when?

Alessa didn't create the world. She didn't even create the Otherworld. The [otherside]—and thus what we see—is distorted due to her, but the worlds existed beforehand, and were then shaped by her fears and anxieties. She never had to visit Ms. Gordon's house for it to have existed. There is no Copenhagen interpretation here.
Pretty much this... It's already been explained clear as day time and time again in this topic, what more do you want?

I smell a troll though, or someone with the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader and grammar so bad it's comparable to the shit smeared walls at taco bell.

OR

Just someone who is underage, it honestly seems like something a 13 year old wrote this. No offense to the actually smart 13 year olds out there however few and far they may be.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Though it doesn't matter how smart they are, 13 year olds aren't allowed on this site.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]