Aaaargh.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Aaaargh.

Post by Acapella-X »

So, I finally acquired a copy of this game. I had played it for about 3 hours and had just finished the Midwich Elementary school part. I am absolutely positive that I had saved my game. When I tried to play today, it didn't recognize that I have a saved file and kept asking me to start a new game. I even looked on my memory card to see if the file was corrupt, but it wasn't even on there. I had other files on there that were just fine, though. O_O; Is there any way I can recover it? I mean, it's not even corrupt. Otherwise, I'd still be able to see it in my memory card, right?

From what I understand it isn't too far into the game, but I'll be kinda bummed if I have to start over again. Any help?

TL;DR : My memory card apparently likes to play head games with me. :shock:
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/Acapella-X/PyramidHeadSigcopy.png[/img]
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

If you can't see the file in your memory card, I think it's game over.

Do you remember how much space you have before and after saving the SH file?If there isn't any changes, then say bye, bye. Because I don't think the memory card was full and there was no space...
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

No, the card had plenty of space. Honestly, it seems like it just disappeared. Oh well, at least I wasn't half way through the game or something before it happened.
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/Acapella-X/PyramidHeadSigcopy.png[/img]
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Sorry about that and good luck with your new game :D
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

Thanks. :) I'm going to try starting a new game and saving right away to see if something's wrong with my memory card. I hope not >.<
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

It's a PS1 memcard, right?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Do you have anyone who could have accidently deleted it?
Good luck with your new game, maybe you'll find another more interesting path this time through.
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

paladin181 wrote:It's a PS1 memcard, right?
Of course. I just tried starting a new game and saving. I restarted and it just did the same thing again. It's strange, because I know it isn't my memory card (I have multiple saves from RE3 on it.)
:(
Brahms
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Brahms »

Is your memory card official?I mean, is it from Sony?Have you saved some other file lately?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Don't get upset, but are you 100% certain you're saving properly? Or that the card ifs fully inserted? Clean the contacts on the card and try again.
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

paladin181 wrote:Don't get upset, but are you 100% certain you're saving properly? Or that the card ifs fully inserted? Clean the contacts on the card and try again.
I know you aren't trying to make me sound stupid, so no, I'm not upset. :lol: However, I'm positive I saved numerous times. It was all done in one sitting, but I have no idea if that makes a difference. I'll try cleaning out the contacts, but the odd thing is that it fully recognizes the memory card. If I do a soft, in-game reset, my file is still there along with the "continue" option, but if I do a hard reset, it gets wiped. :S

To Brahms : unfortunately it is not official, but I've never had any problems in the past with it. I've used it multiple times with more than one game and it's always worked fine, and I've never had any files corrupted.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I had a similar bug with my N64 card.
I dont know what's the deal with it, but the save stays for as long as the console is on.
Perhaps humidity screwed it over or something..
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

Sergiy wrote:I had a similar bug with my N64 card.
I dont know what's the deal with it, but the save stays for as long as the console is on.
Perhaps humidity screwed it over or something..
Actually, I did have my system and some memory cards outside in a bag last night. However, nothing else was effected by the humidity, so I never thought about that. I guess it could be a possibility, even if it is unlikely. :(
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Exactly same thing here.
Does it do the same thing with other games, or is just against silent hill?
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Don't get mad, but are you sure you didn't just imagine that you played the game and that you imagined saving multiple times. I do it all the time. lol
Last edited by krakalackin on 21 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Acapella-X
Just Passing Through

Post by Acapella-X »

Sergiy wrote:Exactly same thing here.
Does it do the same thing with other games, or is just against silent hill?
I just tried with RE3, and.... no luck. It did the same thing. I guess I need to go find a new memory card.. :(
Thanks for your help, though. ^^
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Well, my advice is, play it on emulaor on the PC if you cannot find one.
Ofcourse, not as great as a big TV, but it's a way.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Emulators can be a bear to set up with the proper plugins, too, as well as obtaining the BIOS from your PSX. But it's not impossible.
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dsagent »

I have always had problems with PS1 memory cards. They keep corrupting data and losing saves. I own 3, all of them piss me off.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
mimee
Just Passing Through

Post by mimee »

I played Silent HIll 1 on my PSP - If you have a custom firmware *aka hacked* PSP - you could play it as well.

Actually I just made an ISO of SH1 today and turned it into a PBP file to replay it on my PSP, My save files were always fine there.

Good luck.