How did it make you feel?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Re: How did it make you feel?

Post by Nillin »

I knew a lot of the storyline beforehand, but I came away still feeling confused about certain things. I'm still confused about a lot of things in the first game, but that's part of its charm--I think it's the only SH game that still has a lot of mystery surrounding it. I love it.

I also saw the movie before I saw the game, and was blown away by how much better the game was than the movie (and this is coming from someone that loves the movie.)
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I was actually introduced to Silent Hill 2 before the first one. However, it was very impressive, imo. I wasn't scared much, but the immediate contrast from the second one got me very interested. My favorite game is SH2, but this one is definitely up there. I loved the characters and the endings so much.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

During the scene in the attic between the memories of Alessa and Dahlia, I really felt sorry for Alessa. The Good + ending is also very powerful and moving. Also, the game is scary as hell of course. In some ways it calms me too though just cause I love it so much and have played it so many times.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
dr bones
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by dr bones »

the game gave me the heebie-jeebies in a way no other horror movie or survival horror game prior had ever done.
i was about 10 when i first played it on PS1 in 1999. I rented it from the New Release section of Hollywood Video (R.I.P.) 2 or 3 times and ended up asking for it for X-mas that year.

i think i got the Good+ ending. I was about 11 when i finally beat it, after being stuck in Nowhere and giving up for awhile.
after watching the ending, my initial reaction was simply
"... what.... the.... fuck.... just happened???
damn... I gotta play this again and figure it out."

so i did, and little by little i started piecing together by myself some of the subtle hints in the game... mostly the whole drug trafficking side story threw me off, and i thought maybe i missed something. also, i had no clue why kauffman threw the aglophotis, or what it accomplished.

years later, i think around the time SH3 came out, I discovered this site.

and the rest is history =)
"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame."
"The lies and the mist are not they but I. You all know that I am One. Yes, and the One is I."
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

I was happy. Happy I found the game brand new for 20 bucks when a few months after that it shot right up to 40/50. Also happy because at that time it was my favorite survival horror game and I loved going through it.

I thought the story was fantastic, and chatting about it on this forum made my love for it grow even more. So very very happy <3.

But during the game, I was scared out of my wits haha. And I think I didn't sleep right for a few days after going through the sewers.
Nel
Just Passing Through

Post by Nel »

I liked this game. The ending made me really sad when I saw the bad+ ending. The other ones everyone else can have an opinion on but I like to think about that one. It just made me really sad about how the other one he at least got to say some last words with Cheryl but this one nothing.
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

The scaries stuff I ever seen in first place. Then it was becoming cool to play it, first time I was in the hurry of use a guide tough cause puzzles were a hardass job in first time, then not quite, but like almost of all you guys it was the best experience in a horror game sick ever.
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?
Sajun
Just Passing Through

Post by Sajun »

I kind of played the games in a wierd order.

First purchased 3 and played it to the end during a beach vacation with a few friends. Granted I was in a room with 2 people but we only played it after about 11 or so and it was still insane scary...

Purchased 2 a few months later and played through that alone, always at night, loved it too.

After playing both 2 and 3 and just loving both of them so much, decided to go out and purchase 1. Original playstation has always been one of my favorite systems and one of my favorites to collect for, so not having SH 1 was a big gap in my collection.

Just finished SH 1 last night. It is without a doubt the scariest in the series in my opinion, and by far the scariest horror game I've ever played (granted I haven't played Amnesia yet).

Sure other games have certain scenes that are pretty scary, 4 is pretty scary in its own way, and Downpour has some pretty freaky areas. Heck even Origins has some scary stuff. Yet none of them compare to SH 1 in terms of having a constant unnerving/unsettling atmosphere. I was successfully creeped out the entire time I was playing SH 1, and the other games don't do that the entire way through, 3 is probably the closest one for me.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

How can you forget the epic quest for finding out how to use the pink rubber ball??
PyramidMind
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidMind »

I got the bad ending last night. It was my first playthrough of the game. The ending I got was like a big f*** you moment for me. Seeing how Harry Mason actually killed Cheryl after her God-like transformation made me sad. After that, seeing Harry dead in his car, his lifeless face, that part really got to me. I´ve got to play it again and try to get the good ending! Not just for myself, but also for Harry! :)
"If destiny interferes with reality, one man´s determination
may merely be what is determined by his fate".
The Master
Just Passing Through

Post by The Master »

I should've given this game more of a chance back when it first came out, because having just finished it today for the first time the only thoughts going through my head were 'meh' and 'this would've actually been scary if I was a lot younger'

Not that it wasn't an alright game, but it just didn't have anything in it that I found scary or anything. It kind of felt as if I was just slogging through this weird, not so creepy, old game for the hell of it. (I did enjoy it overall, just not in the way it was intended I guess)