How did it make you feel?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

I was honestly amazed by it the first time around. I was never really all that keen on RE, but SH1 was something really special to me. It was my first of the series and is still definitely my favorite. Midwich was just an amazing experience that will always stick with me, Nowhere as well.
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

It was scary, and it was hard.

This was actually the first game I got for my PS1!
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

When ever I went downstairs in the dark to do my laundry late at night, I felt like there were creatures everywhere in the dark, that I should be shooting in the face with a shotgun. :lol:

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
supperhater
Just Passing Through

Post by supperhater »

I was almost in disbelief after entering the Otherworld in Midwich... I thought it was scary enough already but when it got to that point I was just like "Wow, this is genuinely fucked up...", even though I'd already had a preview of things to come in the alley at the start of the game (that whole camera angle/wheelchair thing at the start was really disturbing too)

The chase to the lighthouse is probably the most intense fear I'd ever felt in a video game.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

My reaction after beating it:

"OMG, that was so awesome. Too bad there will probably never be another one."

For some reason I was under the impression that Silent Hill was a lot older than it actually was, and that no one really knew about it/remembered it.

I got Bad+, but I knew about the multiple endings thing. Then I played it several more times before hearing that there was going to be a sequel, and I was super excited.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Sad.
Depressed.
Suicidal.
Blue.
Scared.
Tense.
Nervous.

The emotions I felt while playing this game...
Bluebolt77
Just Passing Through

Post by Bluebolt77 »

What I felt and the thoughts I had:

After beating it I felt awesome, and was like "Take that Dahlia and you stupid demon thinger! Hah!"
Soon after that I thought about the game as a whole a little and felt spooked.
After dwelling on the game plot more I felt content, it was a good gaming experience, I started thinking "Wow that was deeper than I thought."
Let Silent Hill purify you.
RedPrismHead
Just Passing Through

Post by RedPrismHead »

The first time I played through Midwich I ran down the hallways refusing to acknowledge the grey children. I also got the Good++ ending the first time through. *high five*
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Gosh, I was 9 - way too young. Guess I didnt really understood what the hell was going on. Though, I do remember I hugged my uncle after he'd beaten the final boss for me.

Epic times. . .
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I was immersed and happy to have finished, and yet was left with a feeling of wanting moar!
heaven_smile
Just Passing Through

Post by heaven_smile »

this was the last silent hill game i played, having stupidly played shattered memories, 3 and origins (plus 2,4 and 5) before it and seeing the film and hearing people talk about the alley and midwich etc basically i completely ruined it for myself, and reading this thread makes me a bit sad that i didn't play it at the time it was released. i'm going to return to it soon though, i'm hoping i'll be over the novelty of it being a psx game and the ridiculously awful voice acting and get the good endings and maybe come a bit closer to seeing what it was all about, but from the perspective of someone whose perspective of the games is ass-backwards silent hill felt nowhere near as accomplished as its sequels, to me.
Ghost
Just Passing Through

Post by Ghost »

I was unsure on the time suspecting Silent Hill would be another Resident Evil, but the psycological side involved in Silent Hill is just too deeper.

I had to re-start playing several times 'cause I got too scared everytime I reached the School.

The sounds, ambient, music, camera, the blood. All contributed for the taste of fear, and it tends to create fear for the flesh.
Father, why have you forsaken me?
Mr. Domino
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. Domino »

There were just so many moments. I've only recently finished the game for the first time (My first SH - working on 2 very slowly atm), but from panicking in the alleyway when I had no way to defend myself from the demon babies, to panicking in the Midwich courtyard when Devil's Lyric started playing, to panicking at the very end of the sewers, when I heard a loud metallic sound behind me and just run as fast as I could to the exit without looking back, to panicking when Lisa and Cybil died (I got the Good ending).

Overall, I can't necessarily say I enjoyed the experience, but I definitely feel I'm better for it, trite though that may sound. It was very enriching.
I'm not a self-righteous, egotistical, arrogant bastard - but I play one on the internet!
Des573
Just Passing Through

Post by Des573 »

The game feels pretty depressing. Just a handful of people surrounded by monsters. The scariest part was the random glass breaking during the Nowhere area. Plus, you're in a Hell version of normal places and your only light is the flashlight.
littleaki
Just Passing Through

Post by littleaki »

It made me want to go to church.

I also had to get the OST and listen to it while I went to sleep at night. Scared the crap out of me but I loved it. The game made me feel so lost and alone. Nothing has ever scared me as much as Silent Hill. The first SH will always remain my favorite.

It also makes me feel nostalgic, it seemed so familiar. The music had so much to do with that, and now when I listen to it all those feelings are brought back again. Like its calling me. I need to go play it again...
Automatic13
Just Passing Through

Post by Automatic13 »

Um, I've never been more haunted or scared by anything in all my life. I played this around the time when it first came out. I was too young to even comprehend what I was even watching, I just knew whatever it was, it disturbed me deeply haha. In a way, it made me first realize my own mortality.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

It made me feel pretty much like 'OHSHITOHSHIT' through the entire game. To this day I've never felt so harassed in any other game. The streets were the worst for me, since I spent a lot of time in them, but the short time I was running to the boat/lighthouse was probably the most intense.

There were a lot of '...the FUCK?' moments. Like most people playing Silent Hill for the first time (without having been previously initiated into the series), Dahlia tricked me. Even after the game, I didn't quite get that Alessa was trying to escape Dahlia and prevent God from being born. It took posting on here to fully understand the storyline.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

I love the feeling of the game later on, once you have progressed past the school portion of the game. Before that it kind of bores me somewhat.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
PyrmidHeadPwner
Just Passing Through

Post by PyrmidHeadPwner »

I love the feeling of the game later on, once you have progressed past the school portion of the game. Before that it kind of bores me somewhat.
I disagree, everything went perfectly together imo.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I have to disagree too, it builds up perfectly. You're not doing too much right away so you're not rushed straight into it, it's supposed to start off a bit slower it's far better that way.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]