Can someone please explain?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mace63
Just Passing Through

Can someone please explain?

Post by Mace63 »

I'm so sorry for asking these stupid questions related to the basics of the storyline. But I really don't get a few of things and I don't know where to look for them.

Can someone please explain the situation with Alessa to me?

The exact questions would be like, how come she's the one who's carrying god? I read something that Dahlia performed a ritual on her, but what kind of ritual, when and how? Was Dahlia the one who burnt down the house and Alessa in it? If so, why did she do it if that made Alessa "no longer useful as the new body of Satan?" (or so I read)

I really never understood this stuff with Alessa. I'm such a noob, I know.

Again, I'm sorry for asking these stupid questions! But I'd really appreciate some help!
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

This is what i made of it
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Alessa Gilespie was born with psychokinetic powers, and because if that, she was the only body strong enough to be impregnated with God.
Her mother used a burning ritual in her basement (?), 7 years before the actual game.
The fire broke out, the house burned down, and Alessa was brought to Alchemilla.
However, the ritual caused Alessa's soul to split into herself and Cheryl.
This made her body unable to bring birth to God, that is, untill Cheryl was brought back to Silent Hill.
Hey, it's no problem not to understand much, it is indeed a very difficult story :P
Last edited by ashatteredmemory on 16 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

What? Satan?!

This is Silent Hill, not Anti-Christianity.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The Immolation (Or what it's referenced to) Ritual used in Silent Hill 1 calls for a person with psychic abilities. Alessa had these powers, which is why her classmates called her a witch. The fire in the ritual broke out and the house burned down. She was brought to Alchemilla Hospital under care of the nurse Lisa Garland. The failed ritual caused Alessa to split into another soul, a baby girl, which somehow turned up in the middle of the road. Harry Mason and his wife stumbled upon the baby and adopted it. They named her Cheryl.

During the events of SH1, Cheryl was brought to Silent Hill, or rather "called". She merged with Alessa's soul and then God was born, but then Harry destroys the god.

In the canon Good endings, after God is defeated, God (Or rather the Incubus) gives Harry Mason a new child. She was named Heather.

Heather is the main character in SH3, and another woman, Claudia, tries to resurrect god just like Dahlia did with Cheryl through Heather, explaining the events of SH3.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

^ Nope.

· Alessa was born w/ special powers to Dahlia Gillespie, who elected to raise her as a priestess of the Order.

· After many unsuccessful attempts at impregnating other adolescent girls w/ the god-fetus, Dahlia "mpulsively carried out the ritual in her own basement," using Alessa.

· Hours after the ritual of resurrection was performed, Alessa, via the power of the Flauros demon, split her soul into two. Half of it remained in her; the other half became Cheryl and manifested on the side of the road, where Mr. and Mrs. Mason found her.

· Alessa remained hospitalized in Alchemilla Hospital's clandestine basement rooms for 7 years, enduring constant physical pain, while Cheryl lived w/ the Masons. Four years after Mrs. Mason died of an unknown illness, Cheryl received a distress signal from Alessa, and recommended she and Harry take a vacation to Silent Hill.

At this point Silent Hill begins.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

MMY wrote:^ Nope.

· Alessa was born w/ special powers to Dahlia Gillespie, who elected to raise her as a priestess of the Order.

· After many unsuccessful attempts at impregnating other adolescent girls w/ the god-fetus, Dahlia "mpulsively carried out the ritual in her own basement," using Alessa.

· Hours after the ritual of resurrection was performed, Alessa, via the power of the Flauros demon, split her soul into two. Half of it remained in her; the other half became Cheryl and manifested on the side of the road, where Mr. and Mrs. Mason found her.

· Alessa remained hospitalized in Alchemilla Hospital's clandestine basement rooms for 7 years, enduring constant physical pain, while Cheryl lived w/ the Masons. Four years after Mrs. Mason died of an unknown illness, Cheryl received a distress signal from Alessa, and recommended she and Harry take a vacation to Silent Hill.

At this point Silent Hill begins.
I slightly want to nitpick with your "distress signal" comment. Cheryl wasn't actually aware of it, correct? She just had a strange urge to go to Silent Hill. (What caused it, anyway? Like, why then of all times?)
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

Dahlia and co. used a summoning spell so that Cheryl would sense Alessa's pain and come back. Origins suggests that this ritual took place shortly after the separation; it simply took a long time for Cheryl to succumb to it. I also tend to believe that Cheryl did not know why she wanted to go to Silent Hill. I don't think she would have gone otherwise...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition writes, "Although Cheryl was Alessa's 'other self,' she was not conscious of it. When she told Harry she wanted to go to Silent Hill, it was because the sensation of Alessa's suffering—'Someone help me"—had reached her. For seven years, Alessa endured her suffering because she had not wanted to destroy whatever small happiness her other self was able to enjoy, but little by little, Dahlia's incantationª succeeded and it became more than Alessa could bear. And so based on her perception that 'It's like someone (myself?) is calling me. . . ,' Cheryl came to Silent Hill with Harry."

ª: "Dahlia continuously inflicted pain upon Alessa in that state for seven years by means of an incantation that compelled the missing part of her soul to respond to her. That part of her soul was Cheryl" (Silent Hill Official Guidebook Complete Edition).
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

Thank you for the source. She had a sensation of being called, but what I meant is that I never thought she ever became aware of who she was until after they merged. As in, Cheryl never thought 'I need to go to Silent Hill to merge with my other half.'

It's odd though... that seems like something Cheryl might consider telling Harry.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Okay, I get it. When you'd said she received a distress signal, it read more like she was conscious of it rather than "I need to get there."
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

Thanks for your replies. @simeonalo, I've just read that it was "satan", but I also thought it didn't have to do anything with SH. What is the exact name of the god Alessa was impregnated with?

So Dahlia didn't burn Alessa intentionally? It was an accident in the ritual or what?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>What is the exact name of the god Alessa was impregnated with?
God, Lord of Serpents of Reeds, Creator of Paradise, the Holy Mother

>Dahlia didn't burn Alessa intentionally? It was an accident in the ritual or what?
Yes, Dahlia intentionally set her ablaze in the basement of their home, but she lost control of the fire and it started a conflagration, destroying 5 neighboring houses.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

^thanks for clearing that up for me! I'm finally able to understand some things.

And I wanted to ask you, is the story as it is told here: http://silent_hill6.tripod.com/id6.html , correct? Because there it says that instead of god, Alessa carried Sammael inside of her. I've read the story there now and I don't know which parts are true or false now :/
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No, it's not true.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

MMY, is there any place where we can find a full explanation of what we know factually from the games? For instance, I recall hearing stuff about Samael and Metatron that was different from what was stated in the games by The Order, and I'd like to know what is true and what isn't and why.
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

^yeah, same here. It can really be confusing at times. And thanks MMY, you really helped me a lot.

Dale
Just Passing Through

Post by Dale »

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The Silent Hill wikia also gives pretty thorough explanations for everything. silenthill.wikia.com
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>is there any place where we can find a full explanation of what we know factually from the games?
You can always just ask. I generally like to answer questions regarding Silent Hill.

>And thanks MMY, you really helped me a lot.
You're welcome.

If only Konami would publish my book. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I want to read it :o

Hey, I have a question... Alessa was burned right? How come she looks perfectly normal in the opening scenes of Silent Hill? (Where she is on the bed). Is that just the graphics, or is that not actually her physical self?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I knew about the Wiki and Translated Memories, but for some reason those still manage to confuse me somehow. =/ I guess I just gotta read more carefully.

@MMY, thanks. I'll definitely ask if I'm confused.