About Lisa... (SPOILERS)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Wolfang_02
Just Passing Through

About Lisa... (SPOILERS)

Post by Wolfang_02 »

I know she's
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
dead and all, but did she die before the events of Silent Hill or was it after she started turning into a bloody nurse?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: About Lisa... (SPOILERS)

Post by simeonalo »

Wolfang_02 wrote:I know she's
dead and all, but did she die before the events of Silent Hill or was it after she started turning into a bloody nurse?
Before, the dying was just turning into a monster after realizing that she was just like the nurses, e.g.:
just a manifestation of Alessa's memories, what she saw was the "good side" of Lisa
The "real side" of Lisa (her real character before she died) is shown in Origins. There are theories that she was killed by Kaufman, you should look up the characters and story before posting a topic, though.

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=649
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I'm pretty sure given the events in origins and her final words before turning bloody was that the Lisa in 1 was indeed a manifestation that developed her own identity.

It would explain why she couldn't leave Hell world, didn't remember what was down stairs, and wasn't sure what was going on at all.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Kauffman killed Lisa? I thought that Lisa killed Kauffman, remember the final cutscene in SH1 were the "Bloody Lisa" drags Kauffman to Hell with her? :?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kauffman apparently killed her before the game started. At the end, Lisa gets her revenge.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There's no evidence to suggest M.K. killed Lisa.

Lisa died during the events of the game. Harry watches her die, even.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yoyoenix91
Just Passing Through

Post by Yoyoenix91 »

Does anyone think that Lisa would have turned violent like the other nurses once she realized she was no different? Or... maybe she'd be the only Nurse that could still coherently think without wanting to kill Harry?
Thinking of a signature...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Yeah, she would turn into a puppet imo.
Yoyoenix91
Just Passing Through

Post by Yoyoenix91 »

^ Aww, that's kind of depressing. Then again... since Harry left her, and alter, she came back and got her revenge on Kauffman... she looked a bit more... human than the other nurses still. And angry, rather than just mindlessly violent. Then again, it's been a while since I've played, I don't really remember what EXACTLY she looked like...
Thinking of a signature...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

She was rather boring then anything else. . .
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

MMY wrote:There's no evidence to suggest M.K. killed Lisa.

Thats the manifestation of her turning into a puppet nurse.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's no evidence to suggest M.K. killed Lisa.

Because Lisa would be the ONLY character to die more than once, right?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Aside from Maria, who else dies more than once?

Note. Maria doesn't count b/c she's not a human after all.

>Thats the manifestation of her turning into a puppet nurse.
I'm aware. That means the parasite had to have already been in her, and we see the transformation.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Walter, Mary in the “Water” ending, Joshua…

Also, doesn’t Lisa pretty much imply that she’s the same as “them”, while saying that “they” are dead seconds earlier? She asks a rhetorical question about her being alive, only to answer it immediately afterword.

“I get it now, why I’m still alive even though everyone else is dead. I’m not the only one who’s still walking around, I’m the same as them…”
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Thanks, Arsonist. Beat me to it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

· Walter doesn't come back to life: He leaves the bounds of the flesh.

· Mary doesn't come back to life: In the Maria ending, she's a manifestation.

· Joshua doesn't come back to life: He's a ghost.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Barring Mary, you still kill all those people a second time, ghosts or not.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

The thing is, no one ever said Lisa we meet in SH isn’t a manifestation, or a ghost.

Also Mary and Josh do die twice, Mary dies the first time in the real world, and then in the “Water”/”Maria” and maybe even in the “Leave” ending (it looked to me like she died again, only in a more peaceful and less dramatic way then she did in the other two endings ).

Joshua manifests as a ghost, but we see him apparently dead (freshly) as he comes out of Amnions stomach.

Also, according to SH wikia, Silent Hill Novel portrayed Puppet Lisa like this:
Can anyone confirm this is Lisa?

If this is indeed her and not a random nurse, and if the novel is to be considered canon, we must take the hole in the middle of her forehead into consideration, as it indicates a gun-shot wound to the head.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I think SH1 gives more then enough clues to help one come to a conclusion that Lisa died before the events that Harry witnesses.

-She mentions having blacked-out and awakening in the nightmare world. She says she must've been knocked out.

-She is only seen in the nightmare world.

-The intro video shows a scene of Kaufmann and Lisa fighting. Another video has Lisa laughing in the waiting room, which is also the first place you encounter her.

It's speculation, sure, but Harry does hear gunshots in the hospital before he enters. He then hears another gunshot outside the door to the waiting room. The latter gunshot is obviously Kaufmann killing the Air Screamer. What's the first one for? My guess...Lisa.

Also, why would she randomly die after giving Harry her speech? She's suffered no wounds, and she's already figured out the truth by then. She is simply transforming into her monstrous form because Harry refuses to help her. He was her only hope for salvation, and with him out of the picture, there is nothing left for her but damnation in Silent Hill.

This is how I interpret her fate.

EDIT: I also don't think she's a Puppet Nurse monster per se. I haven't been able to come to a satisfactory reason for why, if she's infected with one of the parasites, she's immune to it until Harry encounters her in the storeroom. And even after she's a monster, why she still has the lucidity to kill Kaufmann.

I simply think that Kaufmann killed her, and her inability to accept her fate has kept her alive and normal-looking. Silent Hill is, in a twisted way, helping her out. Because that's what Silent Hill does, feed off of human delusion.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>She mentions having blacked-out and awakening in the nightmare world.
So does M.K. Is he dead, too?

>What's the first one for? My guess...Lisa
The first ones are for the monster. The last one is to finish it off.

>Also, why would she randomly die after giving Harry her speech?
Lisa is finally fully affected by the parasite. We don't know how long the parasitization takes.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.