Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

I never said there were going to PDAs in the 1980s and I NEVER said the remake is set in 1980s. I was fully aware that it was
a) set to happen currently
b) set in a alternative universe

I was just over-reacting cause I was a little disappointed that it was going to be a re-imagining, damn.
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

THAT, looks really cool. I love how its based on YOU this time, and not the character.
I'm a little disappointed, though. If they wanted to make a parallel universe, fine. But don't 'use' the first game and its characters to do so :(

OTHERWISE, this game sounds completely awesome. I can't wait :D
Last edited by woofy on 03 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Ok expectations for this game just increase 85% half-way through the 2nd page.
Bishop Sasarai
Historical Society Historian

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

AlessaChevalier wrote:Ok expectations for this game just increase 85% half-way through the 2nd page.
Don't raise your expectations for anything - I find that the best way to avoid disappointment. I'm hardly ever excited about anything anymore, and it works wonders for me.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I don't know.

If Climax delivers on the whole "everything you do will change what you see" approach they say they're going to deliver, the boards will go nuts with everyone's interpretation of what they personally saw.

Plus, the replay value for this game sounds amazingly high.
Don't raise your expectations for anything - I find that the best way to avoid disappointment. I'm hardly ever excited about anything anymore, and it works wonders for me.
I'm just happy a Silent Hill game is going to come out. I was getting worried that the series was going to end after Homecoming, since it didn't really sell that well.
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

>I'm just happy a Silent Hill game is going to come out. I was getting worried that the series was going to end after Homecoming, since it didn't really sell that well.
Before this I personally wanted the series to end. I mean I like Origins and Homecoming but some things in them gave me doubt that the series had enough to give for a 6th let alone a 7th game. I would have wanted the final game to just end the whole thing, the cult, the existence of the God, and maybe the Otherworld. But thankfully I've been proven wrong reading what Climax has in store for us in the remake. I have some problems with the liberties they take with the story but I never doubted there ability to make a good game, and from the looks of it a great one. And I remember reading they're working on the next next-gen installment for the series.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Bishop Sasarai wrote:
AlessaChevalier wrote:Ok expectations for this game just increase 85% half-way through the 2nd page.
I usually agree with you, but DAMN, this is actually looking pretty cool. Disappointing that it's an "alternate universe," but at the same time exciting because, well, it looks pretty sweet.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

Icy other-world...why? And that is Harry, right?
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

>Icy?
yes, it'll be fun

>Harry?
yes, just a different version of him.

I think Climax knows what its doing this time around.
woofy

Post by woofy »

Yes, that is Harry. The icy world will be explained. An icy world is not too hard to imagine, considering it was snowing in the first game
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I think an icy world will be a nice change. After all, a while back there was a thread asking what we wanted to try out, and one of the main ideas was either a rainy or icy otherworld.
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I can't hate it if it's got Harry. And now I can understand the icy. Also, Video Gamer, I think the dark (alternate?) SH in the first game was also rainy.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

If they wanted to make a parallel universe, fine. But don't 'use' the first game and its characters to do so
What's wrong with that? It's a re-imagining. The movie did it and no one made (worthwhile) complaints.
Icy other-world...why? And that is Harry, right?
The Otherworld is supposed to be different for each player. Icy is only one, probably the default, world. And yes, it's Harry. Atleast Harry, Cybil, and Cheryl are returning in altered roles.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

The ice will probably get explained in the game. Maybe it's one of several Otherworld's you can experience based on the questions you answer at the beginning.
woofy

Post by woofy »

AuraTwilight wrote: "If they wanted to make a parallel universe, fine. But don't 'use' the first game and its characters to do so"

What's wrong with that? It's a re-imagining. The movie did it and no one made (worthwhile) complaints.
I know, but then there will be more than 2 SH universes which is sad. New fans to the series that this game will bring in will miss out on the original story. Also, the movie you can make excuses for: (It's a movie, no big deal). Having two SH universes on one platform (so to speak) just feels... odd.

Nonetheless, I will enjoy playing it!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I know, but then there will be more than 2 SH universes which is sad. New fans to the series that this game will bring in will miss out on the original story. Also, the movie you can make excuses for: (It's a movie, no big deal). Having two SH universes on one platform (so to speak) just feels... odd.
How is sad? I think it's wonderful. It's not odd or unusual for the survival horror genre. Siren did it, and it's the spiritual successor to Silent Hill.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Do you remember Double Dragon? We had the wonderful games, the movie and the stupid cartoon...

The games were the original timeline, the movie was an alternate version and the cartoons was another alternate version (That misteriously got to become the 5th game in the original timeline... WTF!!)

Ah, we also have that arcade game that had omgaes of the movie in the background... Oh man, I'm really confused now...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We also can reminf Contra where half of the games are canon and the other half aren't canon... Just let's hope the game have a good performing and give shit to the canon thing... If the icy otherworld will be so annoying like the icy stages in any NES game I will have a lot of fun and swearing time...
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

I honestly don't see the problem with multiple timelines, maybe it's because I'm such a comic book fan and Marvel and DC are constantly creating non cannon stories, alternate universes, different versions of the same character etc. And that's just in the comics themselves, spinning off from that you've got games, movies, novels, tv series and animated series all of which have their own continuities rarely having much basis in their comic originals at all.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs