So what actually happened...

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I highly doubt Cybil would've found Harry in the car and moved him to the cafe. After all, isn't there a rule against moving an unconscious person if he's not in immediate danger?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^ Yeah, you are right AuraTwilight. It could result in a concusion, neck and spine related injuries. Also, how would she be able to get him from the car near the bridge to the café. That is a little far to drag someone.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

^ No it isn't.
And just leaving him in the car with all those monsters roaming about is a real good idea.
Who's the man? Me!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cybil doesn't see the monsters, though, so to her, staying with the car would be a perfectly good idea.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Cybil isn't exactly the wealth of police protocol, either. I mean, what kind of cop finds a stranger and gives him a gun within minutes of meeting him? Moving him to the Cafe doesn't seem all that far out of the realm of reality to me, if she was willing to do that.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that there was also a rule against giving a civilian a gun at ANY time.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cybil isn't exactly the wealth of police protocol, either. I mean, what kind of cop finds a stranger and gives him a gun within minutes of meeting him? Moving him to the Cafe doesn't seem all that far out of the realm of reality to me, if she was willing to do that.
Granted, but she couldn't of dragged him to the building NEXT DOOR? The Cafe isn't very close.

Plus, one could argue that Cybil is under Dahlia's influence, as per the Black Queen's Pawn theory.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Granted, but she couldn't of dragged him to the building NEXT DOOR?
Not when the doors elsewhere are locked.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Granted, but she couldn't of dragged him to the building NEXT DOOR? The Cafe isn't very close.

Plus, one could argue that Cybil is under Dahlia's influence, as per the Black Queen's Pawn theory.
Well heck, one could even argue that Harry was under Dahlia's influence for a while. She did dupe him into helping her against Allessa... Dahlia's manipulative and stuff.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I wouldn't say Harry was under Dahlia's influence as much as he was Cheryl/Alessa's. She used plain old mundane misleading information. I don't recall her ever directly lying to him, but the way she presented her case made it seem like she wanted to help him, rather than have him do her dirty work.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

That's the kind of influence that I think that she had on Harry. I think that Daliah's influence on Cybil is about the same level, until she's infested with the parasite and then Cybil's not under Daliah's influence, but the parasite.

Daliah didn't have mental powers as far as I could see, she was more of an esoteric master / diviner. Alessa was the one with psychic powah!
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Dahlia had some kind of power, at least through the cult's "magic" if nothing else. She also had knowledge and was exceptionally elusive. It's a shame you couldn't kill the other characters in SH1 yourself. ;)

Dahlia is plain and simple, evil. And as the game progresses you start to figure this out, albeit too late. She convinces Harry to do her dirty work..

Silly Question: What is the parasite thing on the Doctors/nurses/Cybil? That sounds more like something from RE4 than SH. I knew it was there but it never really registered until I thought about it just now.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

paladin181 wrote:Dahlia had some kind of power, at least through the cult's "magic" if nothing else. She also had knowledge and was exceptionally elusive. It's a shame you couldn't kill the other characters in SH1 yourself. ;)

Dahlia is plain and simple, evil. And as the game progresses you start to figure this out, albeit too late. She convinces Harry to do her dirty work..

Silly Question: What is the parasite thing on the Doctors/nurses/Cybil? That sounds more like something from RE4 than SH. I knew it was there but it never really registered until I thought about it just now.
I don't know... I always figured it was something from the otherworld, or a metaphor of Alessa's hate. It should be covered elsewhere in this forum.... I'll PM you if I find it.

in any case, moving back to the subject, I just figured that Harry had a prophetic dream sent to him by Alessa to find Cheryl's note to go to the school. Note he had a lighter that he doesn't have after the dream... Now how he got a couple of blocks from the SUV to the cafe... I think he was dreaming while he was walking to town and made it in himself but was in shock. People do weird stuff when their brains have been a little scrambled.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not when the doors elsewhere are locked.
She can't break a door down?
Well heck, one could even argue that Harry was under Dahlia's influence for a while. She did dupe him into helping her against Allessa... Dahlia's manipulative and stuff.
The theory is that Cybil is being mystically controlled like Alessa does Lisa. Regardless of the deceit involved, Harry is a free-willed agent.
Daliah didn't have mental powers as far as I could see, she was more of an esoteric master / diviner. Alessa was the one with psychic powah!
Dahlia does possess some sort of ESP, and was able to precognitively tell Harry's arrival. She has magic, yes, but who's to say her psychic abilities aren't what makes the magic work? ;)
Probably manifestations of what Alessa feels the God is: a disgusting parasite. So in ironic revenge, she set some loose.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>She can't break a door down?
Can Harry?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Smiffy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Smiffy »

lol no but he can run into them....
Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.
ulcain
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ulcain »

AuraTwilight wrote:[
The theory is that Cybil is being mystically controlled like Alessa does Lisa. Regardless of the deceit involved, Harry is a free-willed agent.

Dahlia does possess some sort of ESP, and was able to precognitively tell Harry's arrival. She has magic, yes, but who's to say her psychic abilities aren't what makes the magic work? ;)
Not debating that Harry is free willed, but even with free will, if you are being deliberately misguided, I'd call that influence. Just mundane run of the mill manipulativeness.

I thought that ESP was more telepathy/mind reading/object reading. Telling the future is divination. And I'm not going to go into ESP fueling magic as that would cause cheeto-encrusted bearded fanboys to wail and gnash their teeth. (I don't know, maybe it does :shrug:)

::brushes cheeto crumbs off beard and shuts up::
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Can Harry?
One could cite game mechanics, or blame Harry's apparent limp.
I thought that ESP was more telepathy/mind reading/object reading. Telling the future is divination. And I'm not going to go into ESP fueling magic as that would cause cheeto-encrusted bearded fanboys to wail and gnash their teeth. (I don't know, maybe it does :shrug:)
ESP is extra-sensory perception, basically gaining information without the five senses, so seeing the future counts. The other type of psychic power is PK, Psychokinesis, which is effecting something with thought. Every psychic power can be grouped as ESP or PK.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^But is Dahlia's power inhernt like Alessa's or gained excusively through the cult?

That question has been bugging me for damn near 10 years. And I always wanted to ask it, just never go around to it. Anyway, is this something within the bloodline, or the cult tapping into the power of the land? If it is the former, then perhaps the cult was built around the power of Dahlia's bloodline, considering Claudia also had some sort of ESP as well. And the only reason Alessa was chosen to bare god, is because of the power her family has within them. But if it is the latter, then why is it only Dahlia's family seems to have this ESP ability. Why is it not a cult made of psychics? I assume Vincent never held any ESP ability yet he was of the same cult as Claudia as presented by the cassette tape.
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

Cybil doesn't see the monsters, though, so to her, staying with the car would be a perfectly good idea.
Then why does she say it is dangerous out there? and give him the afore mentioned gun.
She is a fully trained, fit, healthy police officer. She would more of likely have carried him the reletively short distance from the car to the cafe. What does he way, about 11 stone, maybe less, I think I could carry him that distance myself if I needed to. And if I did run out of steam, I could always take a :shock: break.
Who's the man? Me!!