Significance behind nurses (Spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Significance behind nurses (Spoilers)

Post by Death&silence »

Ok I know that the Groaner's in silent hill represent Alessa's fear of dogs and I know that the Romper's represent Alessa's fear of Adults,but what do the nurses represent?Is there any significance behind these creatures,I noticed that when Cybil was demon possessed she had blood all over her back.Which shares similarities to the nurses in the game which appear to have some type of parasite on they're back.Also when you use the Unknown Liquid on Cybil there is some sort of parasite that comes out of her so is there a connection between the Puppet Nurses and Cybil?At first I thought the creatures represented the same thing as the Rompers but now I am not so sure.Does anybody have the slightest idea what the parasites are suppose to be that are in the back of the Puppet Nurses and what do they represent in Alessa's nightmare?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I always thought that the nurses represented...well nurses. after all Alessa was locked in the basement of a hospital.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

Tspoon6 wrote:I always thought that the nurses represented...well nurses. after all Alessa was locked in the basement of a hospital.
Then what does the parasites mean on they're back?Alessa's fear of insects?
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

alessa was abused by nurses. the parasite could be her explanation for why they were so demonic to her; they were "possessed"... that, or it's just there to make them creepier.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

it may be a medaphor for how kuafmen controls rachel with drugs. hence the male doctor being the puppet master. the parasite being the drugs
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>alessa was abused by nurses.
No she wasn't. The only nurse we know of that took care of her was Lisa Garland--despite her having started at the age of sixteen. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I suppose Alessa quite clearly hated hospitals, so she probably hated everything associated with them, including nurses (barring Lisa). From what I've heard, I think the nurses are really people, so to both represent them as monsters, and to help carry out her whole "Get back at everyone" agenda, she created parasites to control them. When Cybil became a threat, it was parasite time to get her out of the way.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Death&silence
Just Passing Through

Post by Death&silence »

Tspoon6 wrote:it may be a medaphor for how kuafmen controls rachel with drugs. hence the male doctor being the puppet master. the parasite being the drugs
Who in the hell is Rachel?You mean Lisa don't you?
Tspoon6 wrote:I always thought that the nurses represented...well nurses. after all Alessa was locked in the basement of a hospital.
The Adversary wrote:>alessa was abused by nurses.
No she wasn't. The only nurse we know of that took care of her was Lisa Garland--despite her having started at the age of sixteen. . . .
um...I think its abusive to lock some one in the basement of a hospital,of course thats not the nurses fault,its Kaufmann's actually.Besides I thought Kaufmann had some special role in Alessa's hospital visit because of the cutscene with him and the other cult members stand around her bed at the end of silent hill.

EDIT:I am referring to this cutscene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRbivRM ... ed&search=
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Tspoon6 wrote:
it may be a medaphor for how kuafmen controls rachel with drugs. hence the male doctor being the puppet master. the parasite being the drugs

Who in the hell is Rachel?You mean Lisa don't you?
[sigh] yes thats what I meant to say. Im really tired I need to get some sleep.[and some more fucking sleeping pills!!!] :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
KeeperOfTrampsBar
Just Passing Through

Post by KeeperOfTrampsBar »

As my "I*m disappointed" thread already told, I supposed somebody to put demons into human bodies to control them and nourish from them, while other humans were mutated by the magic i expected behind the things.

The idea of parasites isnt really new after lots of Alien movies. Most likely the fact why the nurses have parasites in them is just the programmers designed them first, followed the idea of mine to control humans by parasites, and then discarded it. Back then, Resident Evil with its experiments was popular and i think its obviously Konami*s answer. Most likely, they realized then it wasn*t so original to have an "Experiment gone wrong" story too, and discarded the idea.

By the way ... Yea, Lisa at age 16, i noticed that, too :wink: ... WHy didnt they switch the age for Cybil and Lisa, it would*ve worked then.
el_diablito
Just Passing Through

Post by el_diablito »

i always thought that the nurses became dependent on the White Claudia drug that kaufman gave to them. i thought that is why they were in the game. like someone said earlier, that may be why alessa views them with parasites on the backs. like the parasites, the drug controlled them
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

Hmmm. So do the doctor demons represent Kaufman, then?
el_diablito
Just Passing Through

Post by el_diablito »

maybe other doctors that kaufman addicted. i doubt that kaufman was the only doctor that worked at the hospital
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

el_diablito wrote:i always thought that the nurses became dependent on the White Claudia drug that kaufman gave to them. i thought that is why they were in the game. like someone said earlier, that may be why alessa views them with parasites on the backs. like the parasites, the drug controlled them
Wasn't Cybil infected by the same parasite during the Carousel fight? It doesn't imply anywhere that she had anything to do with White Claudia tho.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I always wondered about that. When I first played it I thought the nurses were just mutated or just monsters or whatever. But the thing with Cybil made me think there was more to it but nobody says anything about it. Even after it crawls out of her and Harry squishes it she doesn't say anything. If I'd had something like that in me I'd of been freaking out.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

WEll, the hospital is the center of Alessa's Silent Hill so there is where her power is stronger... I think the puppet nurses and doctors are just that, nurses and doctors... These people have that parasite thing in their backs and you can see that they have human faces and clothes instead that formless bodies that the others creatuires in the game have... I think they are the Alchemilla staff that got sucked into Silent Hill, Alessa hated everything about this place and cause this she cursed all the place for have a revenge for her suffering... Maybe Alessa noticed Harry trying to stop her and decided use the wandering Alchemilla staff for try to stop him, same that she did with Cybil...
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

KageReneko wrote:WEll, the hospital is the center of Alessa's Silent Hill so there is where her power is stronger... I think the puppet nurses and doctors are just that, nurses and doctors... These people have that parasite thing in their backs and you can see that they have human faces and clothes instead that formless bodies that the others creatuires in the game have... I think they are the Alchemilla staff that got sucked into Silent Hill.
I really love that theory
"The Body Is Cold?"
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

that theory actually makes the most sense really. Also if you played sh3, remember the Demon or rather That Heather was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
God"
supposed to give birth too? Well what if, the parasites, where smaller forms of the "God" That Alessa was supposed to give birth to? Just a theory, but actually I highly agree with the theory of the drug controlling everyone, and the parasite was symbalizing the control of the drug White Claudia, over the staff at the hospital.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Smaller forms of the God? Sounds interesting, do you want to elaborate on that?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well in Sh3, Heather coughs up the god at the end. And if you look at it as it lays there on the floor. It sorta resembles the parasites on the backs of the nurses. Just a thought, I'm probably wrong about this.. but it could very well be that Alessa. Trying to control the nurses and doctors, places a mental parasite on the backs of all the people who caused her pain. In other words, perhaps with her mind Alessa deployed parasitic demons. In order to do her bidding, and get back at the ones who caused her pain and suffering.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!