Schrödinger's cat (Related to SH1?)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

heavensnightsh
Historical Society Historian

Post by heavensnightsh »

Well, the obvious implication is that the cafe scene is Harry being spared Alessa's wrath, not that he's entering another universe.
Then why
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
would alessa let him be trapped in a fence until he gets stabbed to death >_>
But on topic, I think the otherworld locker should have changed depending on if you let the cat out or not, because if you left the cat in the locker, it'd live, but die in alternate reality, and then vice versa, but this whole thread is really confusing and that's as far as my toughts go haha :P
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/dbmhpc.gif[/img]
(o ) ( 0)[size=75]WOOO!|[url=http://www.silenthillheaven.com/wiki]Silent Hill Wiki[/url]|[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/tray.gif[/img]"What the hell is it?"[/size]
( ) ­ [size=75]I wanna thank you for this chance to be [color=teal]angels[/color] [/size]
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/Pokemon.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/HarryPotter-2.gif[/img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/razrguy/LGDare.gif[/img] Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[size=59][I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF][/size]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Who said it was Alessa sparing him her wrath? Could've been Dahlia.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Re: Schrödinger's cat (Related to SH1?)

Post by Squarehead »

Just reading the cat part from From Earth's picture walkthrough. It does really look like they were cleverly using Schrödinger's cat in a way to refer to alternate universes, especially since this cat thing happens just after the first clear instance of seeing two different versions of the same place in the Silent Hill series.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
CandyLander
Just Passing Through

Post by CandyLander »

admit it: most of you had no idead of what was shrodinger's cat untill you watched TBBT

i didn't
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair. Seven years old...
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

What is TBBT?
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

The Big Bang Theory. You know, it is easier just to google "TBBT" than ask on the forum and wait for a decade for someone to respond. Not that people are not willing to help you.

I can see the theory as a very valid one. It's not over analysis. Sometimes it's only neccessary to put a quote without philosophizing and the reference is clear.

Plus, I must admit I heard about Schrodinger, but not about this experiment.
Axiomatic
Just Passing Through

Post by Axiomatic »

Eileen Scarlette wrote: the theory seems to talk about two possibilities in two parallel realities depends of who opens the box and when, so what you guys think? Or am I just paranoid?
The theory doesn't talk about two possibilities in two parallel realities. It doesn't seem like it's dependent on who opens the box. The purpose of Schrodinger's cat is to show the problematic prediction of quantum mechanics when you can't observe what's going on with the cat in the box: you are forced to say the cat is both dead and alive at the same time.
Eileen Scarlette wrote:The theory says too that "what will happen if you try to save the cat? You can "become" the cat and get trapped" So, when Harry lets the cat out you just hear a noise, he has been killed. When you go out of the room, a monster that "it was not there" when you entered the locker room, attacks you.

Oh yeah one other thing, Im just talking about a THEORY, the important fact here is that a cat is trapped, his destiny depends entirely of whos opening the box, and when. Obviously about two realities too...Nothing to do with acid or a hammer.
Where does the theory say, "You can "become" the cat and get trapped"?

Schrodinger's thought experiment makes clear what is called the measurement problem: we see the world in a determinate state and, in the case of a cat, we would see it as alive or dead. But Schrodinger's cat is in what is called a superposition of states, that is, it is neither determinately dead or alive.

Anyway, I don't think it's far fetched to say that the creators of Silent Hill might have been making some reference to Schrodinger's cat. It's an interesting thought to say the least.
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

Check out Wild Arms 3 for more Schrodinger's Cat goodness.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Lighthouse
Just Passing Through

Post by Lighthouse »

Wait, the cat is dead in the otherworld? When I open that locker it's an empty blood spattered cabinet, and since blood is seen throughout the game I don't assume it belongs to the cat. Will you actually see the cat's corpse if you don't free it in " normal" Midwitch?

This is a great theory, and I understand I am years late to the discussion, but I am curious as to what proves a cat was ever in otherworld Midwitch. The original is eaten shortly after freedom afterall.
Only played Silent Hill 1 so far,Kaufmann is a badass...can't say the same for his sidequest...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because it's a cat in a box. In one world it's alive, in the other it's dead. IT's such a clearcut analogy it can't be a reference.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
calindreams
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by calindreams »

The Silent Executioner wrote:Noones asking the real question though, what did that cat do to be sucked into the nightmare that is Silent Hill? :shock:
That's because everyone knows the answer. It was curiosity that pulled it in.